Carvalho Diablo

Watchrepairs UK - are they still in business?

Carvalho Diablo

Just wondering if Watchrepairs UK (from the trusted dealers list) are still going ? 

I've had several watches repaired and serviced by Nick over the years but recent emails have gone unanswered and have left me looking at alternatives. There's also be a distinct lack of activity over at their RWG TD forum,  can any mods or any other members give an update?

Hoping that Nick is just chocka busy and hasn't decided to Chuck the whole thing in, also hoping that the lad is in good health. His service has always proven to be top notch and to lose Watchrepairs UK would be a big blow to the community.

TIA

Lagger

The general consensus is that you need to email him a few times to 'show' they you are serious.

I think this is terrible business practice, and quite ignorant, but he seems to come through on those people he replies too.

But who knows he may have packed up altogether, just forgot to inform the boards.

Id look elsewhere if I were you

Carvalho Diablo
8 minutes ago, Lagger said:

The general consensus is that you need to email him a few times to 'show' they you are serious.

I think this is terrible business practice, and quite ignorant, but he seems to come through on those people he replies too.

But who knows he may have packed up altogether, just forgot to inform the boards.

Id look elsewhere if I were you

I do fear that may be the case. I've fired off a couple of emails over the past 4 or 5 months but received no reply.

Like I said in my OP, Nick has serviced several watches for me over the last 3 or 4 years so it would be a great loss if he has decided to shut up shop.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Lagger

I don't think it's a matter of ill health as he has always been like this, I had a watch serviced by him when he first came about, poor comms even then

Wires
36 minutes ago, dianawood said:

I know this thread is a bit old, but what happened to them? All their local places are shut nearby my place, and I need to travel to another town to repair my watch.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/342-watchrepairs-uk/
this thread is talking about a watch repairer on this forum not a chain of shops

• Like 2

tribefan
5 hours ago, Fincostarn said:

I totally get your concern about Watchrepairs UK. As far as I know, they're still in business, but I've heard that many businesses are facing challenges these days. It's possible that they're experiencing a high volume of emails or other issues that are causing delays in their response.While I don't have specific information about Watchrepairs UK's current status, I came across a helpful resource for businesses called AIBots4U. It might provide insights into managing challenges and finding alternatives if needed. Here's the link: 

Fuckin AI bots man..... this one is not quite as clever as some others.

• Like 1