Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Mary's QC Photos's of my TAG Aquaracer

PeterWorcester

I couldn't resist, I saw a pic of this watch in a rep vs gen comparison and absolutely HAD to have one. So I asked Mary if she could get me a good quality one, yeah of course it has the 7750 Chrono but I can live with that, I probably won't use the chrono but a few times sailing.

Of course now is the hard part, She just shipped it today and I'm already waiting anxiously.

Does anyone else out there have Mary's source of this watch ?

Here are the pics

CloseUpFace.jpg

FaceUp.jpg

BackofCrown.jpg

Clasp.jpg

CloseUpFace2.jpg

Crown.jpg

OpenClasp.jpg

I'd love to hear some feedback on this if anyone has one, I understand they were a very popular and well built rep a few years ago. I love the looks so I went for it.

Here was the comparison article that inspired me to get it.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=52779 as well as this one http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/44681-review...__fromsearch__1

Of course as soon as I get it from Mary I will post my own photos but I just couldn't resist.

Cheers all,

Peter

Balad1

Nice looking rep; I have the Aquaracer that I won here on RWG recently and it's a very nice watch.

Considering my rep was already sized it is too small for me. When you get yours and are done sizing your bracelet let me know if you can spare a link.

Thanks

nunu78

How much you paid for this beauty?

PeterWorcester
Nice looking rep; I have the Aquaracer that I won here on RWG recently and it's a very nice watch.

Considering my rep was already sized it is too small for me. When you get yours and are done sizing your bracelet let me know if you can spare a link.

Thanks

Balad1,

I will likely have at least 1 link to spare, I've never had a watch, rep or gen, that I didn't have to take at east 1-2 link(s) out of, I'll let you know

Cheers,

Peter

PeterWorcester
How much you paid for this beauty?

Nunu,

I think all up with shipping to US and 5% PayPal (that's new) service, it was $328, I've seen it for $278 (w/o shipping etc) but I've dealt with Mary and Robert a lot and really like working with them. So I thought I'd get at least the same if not better quality with them.

Cheers,

Peter

Luthier

Peter, we already discussed about posting QC pictures. Post after recieving the watch.

tsomers

I love this watch! I have two Gens Aquaracers!

chum_2000_uk
Peter, we already discussed about posting QC pictures. Post after recieving the watch.

Why is this Luthier? Sorry I missed that convo.

Cheers

P.S. lovely looking watch btw, hope all is well when you get it :thumbsup2:

Edited by chum_2000_uk

Ska

It's ok Luth - he's already bought it and it's shipped. He just wanted to give us some eye candy.

And fuck does it look good!

Apart from the Monaco 24 Concept this is the only tag I love!!!

Del

Nice Peter, very nice! :yoda:

kan3

Nice watch man.

crewldude

Very nice watch. May have to pick one of these up myself.

PeterWorcester

Thanks All,

I really liked the older TAG's but they went through a few years where I could find any that I really liked until I cam accross this one, which I REALLY like the looks of.

I don't remember ever having a conversation with Luthier about not posting QC shots, like Ska said, I'd alreday bought the watch, received the photos and was excited about sharing the photos with everyone, they'll likely be better than the one's I take anyway. What's the big deal ?

Anyway, I just hope it feels as good as it looks, all the reviews seem to suggest that it's a pretty good rep. A friend of mine has the gen and another has a rep of it, they sure are close and unless you're pretty well versed it's hard to see much of a difference.

I can't waitto get my hands on it, and post some non QC photo's.

PeterWorcester

We did ? When was that? I never discussed that with anyone. If someone posted that somewhere, I missed that post, I don't read every post on here, sorry.. I see plenty of QC shots on here, I guess they missed the "discussion" too.

Sorry but I'd bought the watch and was excited to share the photos, they'll probably be better than the one I take anyway.

Cheers,

P

kan3

The "discussion" was about that QC pics are to find defects, not showing off.

Slim

I like these. Is there a rep of the Aquaracer with the cyclops at 9?

vfsvfl

Oh sure, now I "need" one of these too!

Dan22

LMAO, same here brother. Can you imagine if there was a Buy It Now button, crap I'd be in trouble.

vfsvfl

LMAO, same here brother. Can you imagine if there was a Buy It Now button, crap I'd be in trouble.

Bite your tongue before somebody sees your suggestion & puts us all in the poorhouse.