SteveA

Miyota 9015 mod ?

SteveA

Looking for a Breitling super Ocean ii 46mm on mesh.Been through all of the TD sites and there is variation in all of their offerings,mainly incorrect clasp.The offered movements are Jap Quartz,A7750,2824,2824-2 and the Miyota 9015 mod.

Now the only one I can find with correct markings and clasp has the Miyota movt.

Not an expert in these so looking for help ,I have had one Miyota in past (not 9015 mod) and it stuttered a bit.

Anyone got any experience of this watch/ modded movt ?

Foxindebox

The 9015 is a solid movement. The rotor can be a little noisy, but nothing a couple of small drops of oil can’t put right.

SteveA
4 hours ago, Foxindebox said:

The 9015 is a solid movement. The rotor can be a little noisy, but nothing a couple of small drops of oil can’t put right.

Thanks ,think I may give this one a try then

NFleischer

The real 9015 are very good movements,almost as good as the ETAs I think.

I've had 2 9015 reps, both essentially DOA.  May happen during shipping, who knows  but a big PIA!

CurioLeo

Have a AP diver with a Miyota 9015 and had a gen Deep Blue Depthmaster with it. Both are very reliable and accurate. AP is brand new straight out of the box,  no decorations on the rotor.

FoxWilde

Expect the same reliability from 9015 and 8215s as you would from A28XX movements. Solid built, and have better QC than clone movements in most all cases. However, they are notorious for their buzzing rotor out-of-the-box. Definitely worth putting some 9010 oil in there and it'll shut up. 

On 18/10/2018 at 09:27, NFleischer said:

I've had 2 9015 reps, both essentially DOA.  May happen during shipping, who knows  but a big PIA!

Sorry to hear about that mate, $80 replacement 9015s are a hefty punch to the wallet.

Fox

NFleischer

Thanks Fox; this last one I sent back to China. Almost 1 month now, been stuck in Chinese customs 11 days. I hope it gets there!