tim2827

NF v9 sub 904L quick review

tim2827

I got my Noob v9, with 3135, 904L 3 days ago. Here’s a quick review of how I see the watch. Overall the piece feels good. The winding is smooth, power reserve over 48 hours. The date changes at 12.10am, something which doesn’t affect me since I’ll be in bed and so are all my friends who will most likely notice my new piece.

This is my first sub rep so I can’t make any comparison with previous pieces. SEL looks good ( to me as a regular guy on the block) , the bracelets fits well, and well brushed, flip lock clasp works smooth, glidelock also works great, smooth and easy to operate.

The dial looks crisp clear, engraving to me is excellent, the ceramic bezel is much better than what I see on pic.

I can’t really say too much for 904L. I’ve attached pics where the piece are placed side by side with a 316L piece and to me, to my untrained naked eyes, it looks the same. It also feels the same. So I’m not convinced that 904L is worth the extra bucks which could range from $80 to $100 or more depending on TDs selling price.

The crystal is far from perfect. The glass itself is very clear but the cyclops lack depth of the gen black hole effect ( you can judge for yourself from the pic below).

In conclusion, I’m overall happy and 85% satisfied with the piece.

c61155107dd0a53b22555927abe86e20.jpg170d2b12b8ff280a4969d894bf332fec.jpg35777ddedf88c6f878d51a89de64b92e.jpge6ce7fe829fc66b923a79d3e914eee57.jpged0036972aab86b264ec9089c6082441.jpg46fe31fee63e391fb49d8ca530f855ac.jpgfdea13e1bbc4402ec700a7c2616b93c5.jpgaa32d87a1ee69b15fd7eb18bfde57aa6.jpg6761c7ed0a984ccc2f6cb7a180ec9348.jpgfaf822e7cb06969858ec5ff4a2e4bdfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ie_benitez

Love the explorer! 

Glaude

Nice quick review ! Thanks for taking the time ! 

No difference to me either between the steels

ie_benitez
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Nice quick review ! Thanks for taking the time ! 

No difference to me either between the steels

Isn’t the difference in the weight? 

tim2827

Not sure about the weight since I did not have another sub with 316L and I can’t afford the real thingy hahahahaha :)

McGilli

Nice man, I actually liked how you included a % of how satisfied you are - that was pretty cool.

Glaude
10 hours ago, ie_benitez said:

I doubt it, they are basically the same metal except for some minor alloy composition differences. They should weigh approximately the same, at least when we are talking rep.

patooo

‘....I’ll be in bed and so are all my friends who will most likely notice my new piece....’

Do you all sleep together? ;)

Lovely watch..... how long does the luminescence last? Stock subs can drive me mad when the ‘superlume’ isn’t so super!!

Edited by patooo

Rokerite

Watch looks great, bezel numbers much improved on V7 I have. The lack of "black hole" can be rectified, if it bothers you that much, by installing a gen crystal or prof steve's  black hole crystal which imho is as good as the gen.:clap:

tim2827
Watch looks great, bezel numbers much improved on V7 I have. The lack of "black hole" can be rectified, if it bothers you that much, by installing a gen crystal or prof steve's  black hole crystal which imho is as good as the gen.:clap:

Yeahhh Will contact him for my black hole hahaha

tim2827
‘....I’ll be in bed and so are all my friends who will most likely notice my new piece....’
Do you all sleep together?

Hahaha

Lovely watch..... how long does the luminescence last? Stock subs can drive me mad when the ‘superlume’ isn’t so super!!

@patoo to me the lume is ok, better than some of my other reps. Very light sensitive and stays for quite a while ... maybe I’ll time it hahaha

tim2827

I’ve pulled the trigger for prof black hole crystal :)

FoxWilde

Good read mate. How’s the bezel insert? 

tirillo.mau

Good pair of wristwatches mate.
I love the explorer but I really like the sub.
Looking the pics of sub, same to be gen for me.
How’s is the bezel?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

tim2827

Hi the bezel inserts to me is one of the better ones I’ve seen from pic and from my friends NF v6 and ARF rep subs. Maybe I’m easily contented, also I’m not very knowledgeable

Here’s some snapshots taken with iPhone

a98ecb451b669050a1d41cbe651e24e2.jpgea436665579efce02a84974f6981c445.jpg2167f85c68cd570108c5626d566e28a7.jpga6ac24336ac831986a094a80fcf0aeb1.jpg

tirillo.mau

It’s so well made. Believe me

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Khronos

I believe you mate! 

tim2827

Hey guys , here’s my v9 with black hole from Prof , I’m now 95% satisfied :)502a057f511f04d22560c422de0888de.jpg

Indianajones
Hey guys , here’s my v9 with black hole from Prof , I’m now 95% satisfied smile.png502a057f511f04d22560c422de0888de.jpg

Hi Tim! Cool review thanks for posting! Who is prof? I want to do the same with my v8. Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

tim2827
Hi Tim! Cool review thanks for posting! Who is prof? I want to do the same with my v8. Thanks

Look for Prof Steve
[email protected]

Here’s a video

Cheers
Have fun

Indianajones

Hi Tim, I contacted Prof. Your crystal doesn't have the LEC?

tim2827
Hi Tim, I contacted Prof. Your crystal doesn't have the LEC?

Correct, without LEC for mine :)

aoobuy

nice one, Submariner and explorer , both are nice watches

Dazza78

I'm very new to this, but it looks great, you could add a Gen Xtal and Gen DW and I think you'd be set for a while.

Where did you buy this from if I may ask please?

lok214

I saw a superfranken daytona with the prof crystal as well, looks good! I think the rep is about 3 gram lighter compare the gen, you can barely tell the difference. does anyone has a side by side noob v9 macro vs gen review link?