semperfi55

Review - RKF Rolex Day-Date 18238 Yellow Gold

CollieWobbles
On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:14, bdnica said:

Having been forewarned, I was looking forward to your review with pensive anticipation.  And as enjoyable as it was, about half way through I began to feel.... inadequate.  Dare I say... emasculated?  Fear and self-loathing began to creep down my spine.  My dog snarled at me in contempt.  My wife mocked me mercilessly when I suggested we make love.  Which in hindsight may have been a blessing as I strongly suspect performance anxiety would have been an issue.  I couldn't sleep as all my life's failures continued to loop through my brain like a ferris wheel gone awry.  My wife and dog both left this morning, laughing sarcastically when asked 'when will you two be back?'  I began weeping like a child for no apparent reason.  With what little remained of my self-worth as a man, I summoned the last of my courage and ordered a yellow gold version.   Rose gold you say?  Ha!  Sure, for women and effeminate men maybe.  Nothing but man's gold on this wrist thank you very much!   Immediately my ego started to assert its former self.  I cancelled payments to the ex-wives.  I pulled over my car to bitch-slap two paramilitaries who were randomly stopping citizens for no reason.  Stomped one of them while the other retreated in fear.  Women openly begged to be impregnated with my seed.  And upon return to the house, both wife and dog were sobbing uncontrollably with grief thinking I had left them.  My wife threw herself at me like some sex-starved vixen.  And wailed  like a banshee when I lost interest in her bottomless lust and left to watch football and partake in strong drink with other men of power.

@semperfi55 you have shown us all the path to masculine power only a select few will ever know.  For that we  will remain eternally grateful.

That was epic :Applause:

als86

Thanks for sharing, I want one! :D

bdnica
7 hours ago, McGilli said:

And that's how reviews are done over here at Casa De McGilli.

As I read this with my coffee first thing this morning, panic set in.  I had absolutely no recollection of reviewing this iconic timepiece.  But there it was staring at me from the ether... my own words for all the world to see.  No denial it being my work product.  How could this be?!  Another alcohol fueled blackout?  No... the Nica Ninja had locked the liquor cabinet weeks ago following that 'unfortunate misunderstanding' with the domestica.  My pharmacological research taken a step too far?  No... she confiscated all my hard-to-find research materials following that same incident.  So wtf...?!

As the coffee worked it's magic, the fog began to lift.  

7 hours ago, McGilli said:

BDNICA'S FIRST RWG REVIEW - PINK FEMALE SWATCH

The first tell!  To those of us literate in obscure horological history, this is the PINK SHEMALE SWATCH.  A limited edition run of 50 pieces and considered a Unicorn by some.   Even caught in the grips of madness induced by pharma experimentation gone horribly wrong, I would never make such an egregious mistake.  

The second & third tells:

8 hours ago, McGilli said:

sieO3.jpg

The SEL thing?  Please... like I wouldn't have called out this embarrassing flaw.  And the battery spacing?  It's screaming 'fake!' as if it were the subdials on a $10 Speedmaster from the Gate.   No way I miss these things regardless of my state of perception.

As the magic of more caffeine took hold (that, and a small dose of the new compound for focus and clarity I'm working on) I saw it.  That name again.  @McGilli!!  He'd threatened my life, family and very existence the other day... still unclear as to why?  It was something I wrote about @Glaude and @semperfi55 I think?  Could they be part of this?  No, don't think so.  This is clearly coming from The Darkness.  Glaude comes from the Light.  And SemperFi is a fellow Man of Power.  They'd never subvert my good name (to be fair, 'good' being defined using a subjective standard) and and/or co-opt my life's work by heinously violating intellectual property laws.   

What to do?  How to respond?  Litigation is out of the question.  The jurisdictional issues alone would send the Nica Ninja into a Latina fit of financial madness.  But with another dose of the new compound (this shit has promise... need to update the clinical trial notes) I remembered his weakness... his kryptonite.  He'd given it away like a first-timer at the Texas Hold 'Em tables at Binyon's.  Lingerie!

white-bra.png  red-panties.png

If I'm correct, this will distract him long enough for my legal team and security consultants to put together a more cogent strategy that won't break the bank.  

Hmmm.  Wonder what a third dose of this shit will do??   Science demands sacrifice and courage so feel it's my responsibility to find out....

Glaude

:coke:

bdnica
16 minutes ago, Glaude said:

:coke:

Cocaine is for whores and losers.  Our biotech research is light-years beyond this.  Something I can discuss further only upon the signing of a strict NDA, and then only in person onsite at our new Panamanian facilities.  Sorry, my hands are tied. 

Glaude

NDA ? I don't want none of your cells on me ! Now I understand how all of this is happening, McGilli is sending packages to everyone with skin cells on them and you are all getting infected...

bdnica
3 hours ago, odoherc said:

That was epic :Applause:

Thanks, but it's the Gold Rolex that's epic!    It's not for everyone and should be acquired only by Men of Power... or those prepared to do what it takes to become part of such an elite group.

semperfi55
9 hours ago, als86 said:

Thanks for sharing, I want one! :D

Glad to show off :blush:, I'm sure TDs do  sell them, albeit no gen dial.  Otherwise, great fun messing about assembling the watch!

7 hours ago, bdnica said:

The SEL thing?  Please... like I wouldn't have called out this embarrassing flaw.  And the battery spacing?  It's screaming 'fake!' as if it were the subdials on a $10 Speedmaster from the Gate.   No way I miss these things regardless of my state of perception.

As the magic of more caffeine took hold (that, and a small dose of the new compound for focus and clarity I'm working on) I saw it.  That name again.  @McGilli!!  He'd threatened my life, family and very existence the other day... still unclear as to why?  It was something I wrote about @Glaude and @semperfi55 I think?  Could they be part of this?  No, don't think so.  This is clearly coming from The Darkness.  Glaude comes from the Light.  And SemperFi is a fellow Man of Power.  They'd never subvert my good name (to be fair, 'good' being defined using a subjective standard) and and/or co-opt my life's work by heinously violating intellectual property laws.   

What to do?  How to respond?  Litigation is out of the question.  The jurisdictional issues alone would send the Nica Ninja into a Latina fit of financial madness.  But with another dose of the new compound (this shit has promise... need to update the clinical trial notes) I remembered his weakness... his kryptonite.  He'd given it away like a first-timer at the Texas Hold 'Em tables at Binyon's.  Lingerie!

Seriously, go buy another watch and do a review please :rofl:

semperfi55
16 hours ago, McGilli said:

BDNICA'S FIRST RWG REVIEW - PINK FEMALE SWATCH

I'm very excited about the plan now, mate :D So much potential!

15 hours ago, Logixa said:

raffles 10k wrapped bracelet

How does it compare with his cheaper variants? I was struggling to choose between them!

Logixa

The looks are basically the same, it's just that the 10k wrapped lasts a lot longer. Normale plated ones will show the steel reasonably fast due to scratches and use but the 10k will last a very long time with lots of abuse. 

Rolexaner

looks great

Edited by Rolexaner

Glaude
3 hours ago, Rolexaner said:

this watch looks so fake... it really looks like a 10 dollar toy watch that you buy in china...just my opinion bro, it just doesnt look right when you try to fake gold

You know that plated gold IS gold right ? It's not gold paint or sprayed paint, it's a thin layer, usually electroplated, of gold on another metal, so unless you scratch it and reveal what's underneath, what you are looking at, is gold

bdnica

I ran into this Costa Rican woman while running a few errands at our new temporary locale.  I immediately complimented her choice of timepiece, and an interesting discussion ensued on the topic of power associated with a gold Rolex.  She was on top of her game intellectually, and made some compelling points.  She told me it was amazing how much attention she's gotten since acquiring this piece.  She believed it was directly related to the perception of power that seems inherent with these (as pointed out with clarity by @semperfi55, @McGilli & @Glaude).

I'm not convinced... I'm all for gender equality but don't think the theory plays out the same here.  Just didn't get the 'power vibe' from her.  

Gold_rolex_girl.jpg

semperfi55
On 05/11/2018 at 22:29, Logixa said:

The looks are basically the same, it's just that the 10k wrapped lasts a lot longer. Normale plated ones will show the steel reasonably fast due to scratches and use but the 10k will last a very long time with lots of abuse. 

Got one of them from Raffles recently and plonked it next to my cheaper one. Now I'm not sure which Datejust has which :facepalm: Time will tell!

On 19/01/2019 at 11:32, bdnica said:

I'm all for gender equality but don't think the theory plays out the same here.  Just didn't get the 'power vibe' from her.  

5 months later and now I notice that she is wearing a watch!

bdnica
9 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

5 months later and now I notice that she is wearing a watch!

See... you get it too!  I didn't get that same vibe of power from her than you'd expect from someone wearing a gold day-date.  She seemed to draw attention, but it wasn't the same sort of attention.  Hard to explain/understand...?

semperfi55
1 hour ago, bdnica said:

I didn't get that same vibe of power from her than you'd expect 

Might be semantics my friend  but I’d say she has the vibe of power over men :hyenas:

bdnica
3 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

Might be semantics my friend  but I’d say she has the vibe of power over men :hyenas:

Now that you mention it.... she was getting an inordinate amount of friendly looks and smiles from men while women seemed upset and angry at the attention she was getting.   Thinking back, the Nica Ninja was pretty upset too.  I assumed the philosophical nature of the conversation was over her head?   But you may be right...  the Tica Chica must have given off a unique vibe of power.

You remain the Oracle on these matters!

Bimmers

I always loves the Day Date, and your is amazing! Where could start to build a similar one?

JDM180

Sorry to bump this up from the past , but only thing I can find on it !

I got the same set , had a nightmare 

Got it all assembled and the day date discs where sticking on the back of the dial , Everything off again, back together, hands scratched the dial... , Raffles said they probably sent the wrong hands so sent a new set but had to pay for a new dial. Stripped it back down in preparation....Keyless broke..

Bought a new movement and sent to a watchsmith since I'd had enough of it and figured I was just doing something wrong,  He had the same issue. Date and day discs jams up behind the dial, Hands somehow scratched the new dial too !..

Flips fine manually, but the friction stops it turning automatically. The watchsmith thinks it is to do with the little plastic spacer, Is there any alternatives?

Really close to giving up on it but seems such a shame as love this model.