Sign in to follow this  
paulro

Broken IWC Big Pilot Winder

paulro

I bought this from Robert a few months ago. Lovely watch but the winder has never really felt very secure, always slightly wobbly.

Tonight I wore it for the first time in months and when adjusting the time the winder came off. I'd say there was a very fine spring that I can't find but will tomorrow when it's light.

Not sure what the problem is but I need the spring and hopefully it might be ok.

What's your views?

Can it be repaired, what do I need to do? Is it possible to get a new spring?

Advice appreciated.

MikeMcNair

Easy fix,, ofrei.com will have the spring.

Is the stem still attacked to the crown still? If not that complicates it a bit but not terribly

paulro

Is the stem still attacked to the crown still? If not that complicates it a bit but not terribly

Yes its all attached just spring missing. So either find spring or buy new then what? I wonder why it felt loose in the first place?

paulro

Yes its all attached just spring missing. So either find spring or buy new then what? I wonder why it felt loose in the first place?

I am in the UK, It might be a stupid question but what am I actually asking for. Is it the spring from the winder of a 23J movement or a spring from IWC winder?

Balad1

Never mind

Cynikal.Mindset

sounds to me like the crown came off the stem and the spring went *boing* never to be seen again. Easy fix would to get the new spring and screw the crown back on the stem and be done. Hopefully the stem didn't snap off in the crown.

prestigewatchco

Paul send it back mate I will get my guy to sort it out for you