ape

What to do? Stuck between a Rep and a Hard Place

ape
1 hour ago, narikaa said:

Jees just get the watch

and be thankful the object of your desire is not an expensive one

Try also try & get yourself a 'y' chromosome too (if you'd had one from the get-go you'd have had the speedy long ago, and would never be dictated to by a woman)

Hard to argue with this 

narikaa
16 minutes ago, bobandshawn said:

NEVER seen a card with both 0% and NO Transfer fee....

B

Maybe its a UK phenomenon  but they are called 0% Purchase cards You get (credit rating permitting) a limited time window to make purchases and an extended period of 0% (& no fees)on them (eg 6 months / 36 months)

If you are paying a merchant there is a bite to be had out of that apple (the fees the merchant pays) be it interest-free, cash back/ whatever

If you are loading on a pre-existing debt there is no apple to bite...so you pay some fees

bobandshawn

Maybe. Wish it was conus...

nuvolablue

Great thread Op. With most other watches I would say buy the best rep you can or get one modded to look closer to gen. But with the Speedy you can't do that.... The dial spacing and case shapes are way off gen. I had the same problem with the couple of speedy reps I had.... They were just not close enough, so I went out and bought the genuine. It really is a great watch.

Anf if you need further persuading, then watch the film First Man..... I did that last night, and I'm looking forward to putting my Speedy on the wrist again today because of it! beccd918a9f4c13b91cc65353cbf5547.jpg148f9f94096eac19c4d06590ff3d20b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ShovelnTC

Well it may be cliche but my dream watch is a Rollie Sub, I saved for over two years and have been to the AD's on three different occasions and once I had that Rollie in my hands and the cash available ready to be spent that Rollie just didn't seem so good and on each occasion I left without the watch and still don't own a Gen.

I did the same thing when the Black Bays first came out and after waiting months for the first ones to come in at the AD it was the same thing, once in hand the Gen just didn't live up to my expectations.

Sometimes we let our emotions and desires delude us as to just how much we want (need) something.

ape
On 01/12/2018 at 03:59, nuvolablue said:

Great thread Op. With most other watches I would say buy the best rep you can or get one modded to look closer to gen. But with the Speedy you can't do that.... The dial spacing and case shapes are way off gen. I had the same problem with the couple of speedy reps I had.... They were just not close enough, so I went out and bought the genuine. It really is a great watch.

Anf if you need further persuading, then watch the film First Man..... I did that last night, and I'm looking forward to putting my Speedy on the wrist again today because of it! beccd918a9f4c13b91cc65353cbf5547.jpg148f9f94096eac19c4d06590ff3d20b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great pics! I am determined to add the gen to my collection. I figure 10-11 months.

Waspy
On 26/11/2018 at 14:13, JDM180 said:

Tried the gen on one day and did not suit my wrist at all.

This is a very good point.

ape, you really need to go to an Omega outlet and try one on.

Bidle

Always and still have a strange relation to speedmasters, somehow they look great, but also not. Actually I prefer the vintage pre-moon versions and the FOIS model. If I were you I would definitely try it on a couple of times before buying it. If it sticks to your mind, just go for it! 

Looking forward to read if the gen made it! :-)