Sign in to follow this  
Felipe

My Patek

Felipe

so i purchased a Patek skymoon tourby from Joshua.

http://www.1-pc8838.com/pp10003-perpetual-...side-p-528.html

I get the watch and it looks great. However upon further inspection, the watch is running extremely fast. Like 30 or 40 seconds fast per minute. So I shook the watch a little. Nothing drastic and now it has completely stopped. I do not know what to do as I have no experience with these I don't even know how to open it. I must also add that when I spin the crown as though to wind it, it makes a zipping sound inside as if the gears were grinding or something. I am willing to open it up if its an easy fix with a little help from you guys. Let me know what I should do.

IMG_0319.jpg

Felipe

the push button under the crown also doesn't change the date .

Luthier

Don't buy from dropshippers, buy from our trusted dealers, who inspect watches before shipping, and also, you'll save some money.

Felipe

Hes on the trusted dealers list and that gives me no advice.

no_one

Yes, Josh dropships. Yes he charges a little more. BUT...

Email him for instructions on returning the watch & he'll look after you. He is very good in this respect.

Felipe

what does dropship mean?

tesmith2112
what does dropship mean?

Drop ship means the person you bought it from never sees it, it comes from another source directly to you.

For example: I put up a website selling reps. You place an order with me, I place an order with my source, but have them ship it to you directly (bypassing me). I would never see the watch to verify the quality. You dont want to work with dropshippers. You want to work with someone who carries their own stock, or with someone who orders from the factory or another source, but has it shipped to them first, then sends you QC pics, then after your approval of the QC pics, sends the watch on to you.

Hope this helps.

Felipe

He did send me QC pics and told me he pressure tested it as well.

Luthier

+1.

David543

I would use the dealers here but have used Josh before in 2006. One watch didn't work but I sent it back and he fixed it. Another watch had a piecebof rubber come off (Hublot chrono buttons, they all do that :couchbeer:) Josh sent some more for free. So contact him and he will sort it out I am sure!

:thumbsup:

Luthier

Why need such a troubles in a first place?

I don't see ANY advantages in buying from dropshippers.

David543
Why need such a troubles in a first place?

I don't see ANY advantages in buying from dropshippers.

Absolutely. Just reassuring him on this watch, and in future use a trusted to get a better price and proper QA.

MikeMcNair

what is the movement? what are ALLLLL the symptoms? have you the ability to open the caseback? i need more info.

Luthier
what is the movement? what are ALLLLL the symptoms? have you the ability to open the caseback? i need more info.

There's another watch, quartz one, on caseback, Mike. I have same watch, and I have no any idea, how to open it.

Movement is multifunctional Seagull.

Felipe

I opened it and removed the jap quartz movement inside is a 21j movement from there im lost.

IMG_0323.jpg

Edited by Felipe

narikaa
I opened it and removed the jap quartz movement inside is a 21j movement from there im lost.

You do appreciate that in doing so you've negated any warranty or obligation from your supplier

acharria

IMG_0323.jpg

I think the quartz its at the other side of the watch...

One side is quartz the other side is 21j...

Luthier

Can you shoot the picture of the inner part of Quartz, please?

And - was caseback screwed to the case, like on any other watch?

MikeMcNair
Can you shoot the picture of the inner part of Quartz, please?

And - was caseback screwed to the case, like on any other watch?

Most likely yes, or a pry off.

Narikka: that's a common fact BUT depending upon the TD (and more importantly the person opening it) it's still good.

narikaa

Theres always exceptions

But wide eyed innocents read threads like these then go reaching for those 'instant watchsmith' capsules and imitate

& could then get sorely disillusioned - not only by their handiwork but moreover the supplier's response

n'est pas?

digger2

My personal opinion is that Joshuas QC is better than some of the trusted dealers here, that is what I personally have experienced.

You get order number tagged qc pictures before the watches are sent out and they are also timegraphed.

Felipe

To be honest the QC pics were fine its just a shame the watch is not fully operational. Here is a pic of the quartz for you luthier.

IMG_0325.jpg

And the back is a pry off quite simple actually.

Edited by Felipe

Luthier
My personal opinion is that Joshuas QC is better than some of the trusted dealers here, that is what I personally have experienced.

You get order number tagged qc pictures before the watches are sent out and they are also timegraphed.

Digger, Josh lives in Singapore. Watches sent from China, where his family member pick it up on the factory, make pictures and ship it.

It's photographing, not a quality control.

Felipe, thanks for picture!

narikaa

@ Luthier

Remember the boy who shouted that the emperor didnt actually have any clothes on

no one listened

:baby:

digger2

Digger, Josh lives in Singapore. Watches sent from China, where his family member pick it up on the factory, make pictures and ship it.

It's photographing, not a quality control.

Felipe, thanks for picture!

I get your point and I also think close QC is a good thing and I have a very high trust in most of our trusted dealers but I'm not convinced that Joshuas checks are so much worse than others, I have received watches with wrong straps, size, dirty dial, slipping hands and even with wrong movements from some of our trusted dealers.