Alan32

Tissot PRS 516 A very unusual Chrono

Alan32

Bought this on Catawiki  Tissot RPS 516 retro chrono

It's a Retrograde chrono where the second hand starts at the  9 o'clock runs BACKWARDS! for 29 secs and then flies back to the 9 and starts again, meanwhile the sub dial at 2 counts up in 30 second steps up to 5 min then the sub dial at 10 counts up in 5 min steps!

(If someone can tell me how to upload a video it will become clear)

3Wk4L.jpg3WMUo.md.jpg

semperfi55

Very interesting @Alan32

I’m not a fan of the colour scheme but can definitely appreciate an unusual mechanism :D 

What is the official rationale for such an unusually way of displaying chrono time? Eg the Regatta watches count down before starting the chrono for well regattas; Regulator Watches are designed that way supposedly to improve legibility. What’s the reasoning for this chrono display/mechanism?

semperfi55

Also it might be easier to just open an account on Vimeo, upload the video there and then put the link in your post.

Alan32

Can't find any rational for it at all.   Info is very sparse and even Tissot when I aproached them just sent me a generic instruction manual.

There is a blue version for you conservative types :D,but it just suits my eclectic watch craving ,

have recently got a vostok amphibia and a hand winding komandirskie to play about with!

Right I'm of to Vimeo

Theviking

Beautiful racing watch @Alan32 I can see you wearing it with some driving gloves. Interested to hear more about the mechanism. Wear it in good health.

Edited by Theviking

Alan32
10 minutes ago, Theviking said:

Beautiful racing watch @Alan32 I can see you wearing it with some driving gloves. Interested to hear more about the mechanism. Wear it in good health.

It looks great with my calf leather white flying gloves and scarf:drive1:

Xpletiv

I don't know what it is, but every post of yours with an image has the image distorted and stretched top to bottom so that it looks twice as long and half as wide.

Every other image on this site comes up fine, though. 

Amit
zulu44gmt

The movie in the vid has a quartz movement

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk