Kyle_d

Scouting gens instore before ordering rep?

Jibuti
8 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

I'm definitely not clever enough to do that!

again...I can  only vouch for that...

BadPickle
3 hours ago, Foxindebox said:

Look mate, you have been told what the official line of the forum is. Just leave it there eh?

:rolleyes:

Jibuti
6 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wriggles
42 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

And I think you underestimate them. But I do acknowledge that I am a dumb shit who knows very little about very little.

I don't. Rolex are probably the biggest shower of cnuts when it comes to having reps seized on a regular basis, but I honestly doubt they go around watching out for the latest noob release, or ARF or whatever. A rep is a rep is a rep.

24 minutes ago, SadProfessor said:

My views on this differ slightly.

I don’t think a rep Rolex is lost business for Rolex. It’s lost business for seiko, Hamilton and Alpina. In the most part anyway.

I buy reps because I can’t afford the genuine watches for the most part.

The other points I’m staying away from. Don’t know enough, don’t want to piss anyone off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually they don't differ. I wholeheartedly agree. However, Rolexes view is not the same. Rep's to them as far as they're concerned kill their business, it badly affects perception, the perception that they are some high end, hard to obtain luxury  item and ultimate status symbol.  They see any rep as a potential damage to their brand, as do many watch manufacturers, hence why they propagate all the bullshit child labour, cancer causing, terrorist funding, propaganda around fake watches. Vast swathes of Rolex fanboys  actually fall for that shit, as sheeple tend to do

Undinist

I agree that it's appallingly rude to wear a rep to an AD.  Mine stays in my pocket. And I won't be admitting it's there ever again. I thought the salesperson in Selfridges was going to be discreet and I was horrified that she waved it around,  walked right across the shop and put it next to the gen on display.  Surely if her manager had seen what we were doing she would have got a severe bollocking and I would have been thrown out? It was a very weird episode. But maybe the vibe is  different at a Rolex AD. They know that all their popular models have a multi-year waiting list. They must be certain that their sales will never, ever be threatened, what with the explosion of the middle classes in China, India etc.  What do the Rolex AD staff do all day anyway? In Selfridges there were 4 of them in a small space,  no  customers to talk to and nothing to display except the less popular models. 

It's interesting  to see who issues the takedown notices for TD sites. I've seen them from  LVMH  (owner of Bulgari, Chaumet, Tag Heuer, Zenith, Hublot) and Chanel.

Glaude
3 hours ago, Kyle_d said:

I just don't agree with 'not wearing reps in ADs' as people wear fake stuff everywhere

It's not a thing to agree or not, you can obviously do whatever you want, we just advocate not acting like an idiot and show the whole world that it's easy to get a fake that makes the real and it's price looks bad. We do not reddit or other communities without principles, we certainly don't want the end or even a serious dent in the genuine watch market. We drool about the interesting new release of watch each year because we like the products we like a little bit less its price.

@TomatoheadFred Of course Rolex knows about the fake watch market, but given how the loosely enforce their copyrights in the world (take a look at how Louis Vuitton enforce it for example, and this is nothing if you got out the luxury market and look at other stuff, BIC pen are known for their strong copyright defence policy), I doubt they are obsessed with it to the point of dedicating a job or multiples in the acquisition of the latest fakes.
Hence Narika being 100 % correct, it's a matter of how noisy our little rep world is, the less noisier, the better for everyone.
This is not only a matter of opinion, but the big brands have annual convention where they discuss the state of the industry, and you can find those convention video & sums up online, the fake market is barely touched, their concerns are elsewhere (metal price, gem synthesis, new technologies, etc...)

BenjaminButton

So, moving the subject on slightly and knowing I come down on the side of showing respect and no deceit - is this picture of me ready to go out on the town in anyway deceitful? Personally I think it looks so convincing that no one could doubt my intentions......

ce55d717c30fd4e6d978392223cf6c1a.jpg

Glaude

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "my eyes gif"

PostMaster
2 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

So, moving the subject on slightly and knowing I come down on the side of showing respect and no deceit - is this picture of me ready to go out on the town in anyway deceitful? Personally I think it looks so convincing that no one could doubt my intentions....

Omg I don’t know what to say or think..

Great closure though.

Glaude

Again ??? Stop quoting it !

PostMaster
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

:rofl:

Kyle_d
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

It's not a thing to agree or not, you can obviously do whatever you want, we just advocate not acting like an idiot and show the whole world that it's easy to get a fake that makes the real and it's price looks bad.

At what point did I say I would do that? Lol. Ive said numerous times in this thread im too embarassed to even ask to try something on i just look around so im not going to go being a dick my with rep in an AD. I just didnt personally believe it to be as big of an issue as being made here but I get what your all saying. 

The purpose of the thread was just 'do you go to stores to look at gen models before ordering a rep' would be good if it got back to that.

BenjaminButton
Again ??? Stop quoting it !
mtEztJg.gif

Imagine how I suffered spending all that time finding that one special photo amongst the 1000’s in my personal library!

Glaude
2 minutes ago, Kyle_d said:

At what point did I say I would do that?

I should have been clearer, I did not think you were gonna do it, but you disagreed with the general idea of not doing it, hence my point, don't worry ;) 

3 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Imagine how I suffered spending all that time finding that one special photo amongst the 1000’s in my personal library! emoji6.png

I don't buy it, you knew exactly where this particular one was ... :D 

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Where did you get that photo of @Jibuti!!?!

Glaude
7 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Fucking hell 

mtEztJg.gif

BenjaminButton
Where did you get that photo of [mention=55426]Jibuti[/mention]!!?!

I’ve always been a keen amateur glamour photographer and decent models are so hard to get hold of these days ..... so needs must and he’s so keen ......

deju

I’ve worn a Gen to a rep market :lol:

I like looking in the windows or browsing but I’m seldom into trying on watches unless I’m serious to buy. Don’t like wasting mine or others time.

I’ve never tried on a gen to buy a rep to answer that question. 

I find them a hobby of impulse not one requiring a long thought process :lol:

Jibuti
15 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

fuck off-my hair is still dark.... and BB you can bugger off too-will not have proper meal in a whole week cos of you...

and... this is actually dee dee's mother on pic, you sods....no respect at all...

GingerApple
14 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

fuck off-my hair is still dark.... 

And that's the only difference?

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Jibuti
11 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

And that's the only difference?

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

no-I haz better arse... ask me wife....

Adit
On 10/03/2019 at 21:22, BenjaminButton said:

Jesus! Dr.Who's let himself go a bit!

nallesamen

I did starting to buy replica watches at first to try them out before I went genuine but some replicas are so good that I have sold genuine watches and just went for replicas. 

GenTLe

Once I went into a Bulgari boutique in the posh part of Milan to try on the new Diagono Magnesium.

It was comical: it was July, fucking hot day, I was walking around from 1 hour, I was in jeans and T-shirt and sweaty like hell, on me I had the Seiko SKX009... The guy at the door opened me in a perfect smoking, white gloves and treated me very well regardless my condition.

I remember I apologized when, after trying on the Diagono, I passed it back to him full of sweat on the caseback :rofl:

Adit
On 08/03/2019 at 18:45, Adit said:

P.S. I also came away with the latest book catalogue, in a very nice little bag too I mIght add (that'll do to put my next ebay purchase in, to impress the lady :D

VIMxLo.jpg