TAG Heuer

Gen Junghans Meister Driver & Telemeter Chronoscope

TAG Heuer

The Junghans factory was founded in 1861. The factory was initially specialized in the production of individual watch parts, but it soon became the recognized craftsmanship and produced complete watches . In 1866, Junghans produced there first watch
The logo with the 8-pointed star was first registered in 1890 and is still the Junghans trademark. Recently, Junghans is saved by an investor who  wanted to keep the brand  alive.  The investor has made sure that the factory can remain open and that beautiful new Junghans watches can be produced with style and quality that are very important for Junghans.

The Meister series is by Junghans again revived and in my opinion they have done that really well . It is a nod to the past of fast cars and cockpit instruments.

Here are my two recently purchased Junghans watches:

Junghans Meister Telemeter Cal. J.880.3, which is based on an ETA 2892 with a Dubois Depraz 2030 chonograph module.

CASE: Stainless Steel

MOVEMENT: J880.3 (ETA 2892 w/ Dubois Depraz 2030) features 45-jewels, hacking, 40hr power reserve and a frequency of 28,800bph.

DIAL: Black with light circular brushing, which gives it a “metallic” feel

LENS: Acrylic with Sicralan

STRAP: Stainless Steel

WATER RESISTANCE: 30M

DIMENSIONS: 40.8 x 45.4mm

THICKNESS: 12.6mm

LUG WIDTH: 21mm

CROWN: 6mm

WfiBkAd.jpg

qEUaB8j.jpg

WHhcuiN.jpg

E8JjjGZ.jpg

Y2iFi0x.jpg

ap1GsQz.jpg

gNge3x7.jpg

Zlovu2Z.jpg

Junghans Meister Driver.

Tech Specs from Junghans

Movement: J815.1 hand-winding movement with small second at 6 o’clock (Basic calibre ETA 7001 Peseux)

Finishing: Rhodium plating, blued screws, engraved Junghans logo on the wheel train bridge, bridges with stripe finishing

Case: Stainless steel Ø 37.7 mm, height 7.3 mm, domed hard plexi-glass with SICRALAN coating, 5-times screwed back with mineral crystal

Dial/hands: Polished lacquer dial with “sunburst” effect finish, dial markings and hands with environmentally-friendly Super Luminova luminous substance

Strap: Calfskin strap with stainless steel buckle

Water resistance: Up to 3 bar

lGYE7t6.jpg

qtMUs4J.jpg

5B8FVtB.jpg

LTz24Ke.jpg

sJ4h20L.jpg

Sibxm9b.jpg

Overall I think that Junghans build excellent watches for a affordable price. Build quality is good and the are very detailed.

Thank you for watching

wowsasb

That driver is pretty phenomenal. Even better for the 2892 Dubois Depraz. Youve opened my eyes to this over the Meister Chronoscope....

GingerApple

They really do have a lot of lovely pieces. They're not a brand I knew much about until recently, but I don't think I've seen a watch of theirs I don't like.

Thanks for sharing!

Theviking

Junghans are very beautiful, lovely watches you lucky chap.