Xepa

ARF daytona QC - TERRIBLE!!!

Xepa

Guys I've been waiting for weeks on QC pics for two watches.  One is out of stock and factory can't confirm when they'll be available (great) and the QC I got of the other one is CRAP. I previously had an ARF 116500LN which was amazing but I decided I'd rather have the older style so I sold it and ordered a black dial 116520.

What the fuck is this crown about?

[Mod edit: QC pics not allowed here]

Logo looks like it needs to go on a diet and it has the triplock symbol from a white gold model??? ARF should know better. After all the time I waited for this? It's a small detail but it makes me wonder about how the rest was put together because this crown does not belong to this watch. The rest looks ok but I am fucking pissed off and expected better from them. 

[Mod edit: QC pics not allowed here]

:mad:

Wires

Your not allowed to put QC pics on here mate

Xepa
11 minutes ago, Wires said:

Your not allowed to put QC pics on here mate

My bad!

Moondustesp

Ahem read the rules mate

deju

OP lost me bitching about the trip lock crown..... that is on every gen 116520 on Chrono24 :lol:

Xepa
12 minutes ago, deju said:

OP lost me bitching about the trip lock crown..... that is on every gen 116520 on Chrono24 :lol:

I know gens are triplock but when the middle dot is larger it signifies being made of gold. The dots on a stainless model should all be identical, also the shape of the logo was wrong. Apparently ARF have been known to have bad QC at times. Hopefully the next one they get will be better! If not I'll have to just live with it.

Edited by Xepa

deju

If someone can call out the crown flaw on your  ARF QC, you’ve already been called out for; 

The fact your chrono doesn’t  work after 59seconds. 

The fact your subdials have different pinions for the faux dials. 

Not to mention the watch sounds like a gritty bastard on your wrist. 

:lol:

black263

You can only complain if the crown on your QC pic is different to that on the sale pic.  Even if it's a million miles from gen, if it matches the sale picture it's passed QC.

deju
8 minutes ago, black263 said:

You can only complain if the crown on your QC pic is different to that on the sale pic.  Even if it's a million miles from gen, if it matches the sale picture it's passed QC.

I’ve not seen OP’s QC but the 116520 ARF shows the correct sized o o o dots not o 0 o

ooooooooooooh

SteveA

Don’t buy it

Xepa
8 minutes ago, deju said:

If someone can call out the crown flaw on your  ARF QC, you’ve already been called out for; 

The fact your chrono doesn’t  work after 59seconds. 

The fact your subdials have different pinions for the faux dials. 

Not to mention the watch sounds like a gritty bastard on your wrist. 

:lol:

It's not about being called out. That's not a concern and it would never happen anyway. It's for my own personal enjoyment, I like the way the crown looks and this is just wrong. The one on my previous ARF daytona was beautiful and this just looks crap. I'm aware of the other flaws and I'm not bothered about them because they're not noticeable to me, whereas this certainly is.

8 minutes ago, black263 said:

Im aware of that. Same reason you can't reject a datejust for the bold date font. The crown on the site is different and correct as per gen, this is not.

Glaude

Ok you couldn't post QC pic here and for some reason you weren't aware of that, but tell me, what do you think you could have achieved by posting that here ? 

It's not like we have any power on that or even any other suggestions than "reject it then"

Xepa
9 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Ok you couldn't post QC pic here and for some reason you weren't aware of that, but tell me, what do you think you could have achieved by posting that here ? 

It's not like we have any power on that or even any other suggestions than "reject it then"

Just wanted to vent mate, sorry. The missus wouldn't listen, you see :D

Glaude

Well in that case, we're always open for a good venting :D 

But it need more cursing ... :D 

Xepa
5 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Well in that case, we're always open for a good venting :D 

But it need more cursing ... :D 

Fuck a duck shit cunt scrambled eggs:fuck:

Feels much better! 

elp

Mommy, he said "scrambled eggs"

:)

Glaude
29 minutes ago, Xepa said:

Fuck a duck shit cunt scrambled eggs:fuck:

Feels much better! 

Now I patiently wait for the Google crawler to send me an alert for cursing ... :lol: 

Those scrambled eggs will be the end of us ! :D 

GingerApple

Why do we all jump on people these days!!?! Ok, so OP posted QC pics when he shouldn't have (OP, do it in the Shoutybox, you get away with it there :rofl:), but his frustration sounds legit and he's helping those who might buy an ARF to know to look out for the wrong Crown.

Come on peeps, let's be a bit more touchy feely!

Cunts.

BadPickle
7 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Why do we all jump on people these days!!?! Ok, so OP posted QC pics when he shouldn't have (OP, do it in the Shoutybox, you get away with it there :rofl:), but his frustration sounds legit and he's helping those who might buy an ARF to know to look out for the wrong Crown.

Cunts.

:huh:  

Mike R

IDK, I think OP was treated fairly, error pointed out and corrected. 

OP vented , we listened, chimed in, life goes on

seen sooooo much worse on here 

oh yeah, Shit piss fuck cunt  cock sucker motherfucker and tits, why can’t they just get it right :rofl:

GingerApple

Yeah....I just wanted to call you all cunts to be honest.

BadPickle

Ah, we thought you were looking into a mirror 

12 minutes ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Cunts.

Glaude
2 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Ah, we thought you were looking into a mirror 

He removed all of them from his house since he discovered they weren't TVs :D 

black263

Yet another reason why I don't buy Rolex. The end.

GingerApple
3 hours ago, Glaude said:

He removed all of them from his house since he discovered they weren't TVs :D 

I should be on TV. Or at least you tube. First there was Archie Luxury, now there's Ginger Fuckery!