Jump to content
herdpm

Little seconds hands

Recommended Posts

herdpm

Love this cheapy. Recently the time seconds hand fell off. Can a rank amateur fix this without killing the watch?

 

Thanks37d08e520fcb12810437ff76d4ec9dfd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pickledbeetroot

If you gotta ask, then I’d say no.  Theyre tricky little bugger for someone with little or no experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
herdpm

Thank you. What about just gluing the hands in place? Don't really care if it works or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FoxWilde

You can glue the tip to the dial. Avoiding the hole and movement.  Won’t work but at least it’ll look it. I’d say buy a new one mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich

If you can get to it to glue it then you can just stick it back on.  If you know what rodico is you can just stick it on the tip of some and carefully stick it back on.  Press it down with a pencil eraser or something else non scratching.

But you gotta get to it so you either got to decase it or pop the bezel off (if it has one).  I don't know how its made so can't give you advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
herdpm
If you can get to it to glue it then you can just stick it back on.  If you know what rodico is you can just stick it on the tip of some and carefully stick it back on.  Press it down with a pencil eraser or something else non scratching.
But you gotta get to it so you either got to decase it or pop the bezel off (if it has one).  I don't know how its made so can't give you advice.
Yeah, I don't have proper tools or know how. I have a history of destroying watches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich

How much did that thing cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FoxWilde
1 hour ago, herdpm said:
1 hour ago, NCRich said:
If you can get to it to glue it then you can just stick it back on.  If you know what rodico is you can just stick it on the tip of some and carefully stick it back on.  Press it down with a pencil eraser or something else non scratching.
But you gotta get to it so you either got to decase it or pop the bezel off (if it has one).  I don't know how its made so can't give you advice.

Yeah, I don't have proper tools or know how. I have a history of destroying watches.

get a new one and turn that one into a practice watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luxuracer

You can try ... if you destroy it ... just buy a new one ... !

You can find one on the Gate for $40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
herdpm
How much did that thing cost?
Ha! Not much. Around $40 I think. For the price it's awesome... until the hands fall off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich
15 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

You can try ... if you destroy it ... just buy a new one ... !

You can find one on the Gate for $40

Its a 5 minute fix if you know how.  Only one way to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VieuxRougeRance

Why has no one asked the important question: why would you want to fix it?  :ohwell:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luxuracer
1 hour ago, NCRich said:

Its a 5 minute fix if you know how.  Only one way to learn.

That's right!    :thumbsup2:

I am pretty comfortable on removing and reinstalling hands on 21j movements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCRich
1 hour ago, TomatoheadFred said:

Why has no one asked the important question: why would you want to fix it?  :ohwell:

Mate we have seen your watches.  People in glass houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×