Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

Jackson, Ach Straps and Panatime make dreams come true...

MikeMcNair

So a few months ago I got my dream homage from getat. It was titanium, hand wound swan neck with brown strap and sapphire with display case back and blue hands on a superlumed dial.

What a great piece!!!! But, I always wanted a power reserve and an auto wind. While I loved the hand wind (you just feel more connected to the watch) the auto suits my needs better. So I went on a search for a pr @6 44mm in brushed steel (I was actually aiming for weight as the titanium was just a hair light for my likings.

After about a million emails with Jackson we found the closest thing, a fully polished version of what I was looking for, order was placed!

Then I knew I needed a fat strap to go with this, specifically 24/24 as I like the more broad feel of a wider strap, plus I think they look better. After much research and pricing I found ACH STRAPS to be the best bang for the buck PERIOD for what I want. So, after a million more emails and some odd requests on my behalf, another order was placed.

Then, I decided, it was time for a good deployant on a 24mm strap because I had yet to see anyone do this. So I went to ACH and asked if this was possible. Plain and simple, it's not. BUT, Panatime had a solution we could use, a 24mm deplyoant in brushed SS, so yet another order was placed.

All three of the companies/people I dealt with were professional, responded to all my questions VERY quickly, and basically made me feel great about dropping the coi. I just did. I recommend them to anyone!!!!

So today, my homage arrives, and what an ugly piece it is in POLISHED, YUCK!!!! Not for me!

It came in this ...

0938d818.jpg

Here is what was inside...

d9e8c990.jpg

d88a7df8.jpg

I know some of you like polished watches but I certainly do not!! So this had to change, pix on that later....

So another package arrived yesterday and I was in bed all day sick, meaning it did t get opened until today. And holy shit I am SHOCKED!!! My EXACT mental image of the strap I wanted was in my hands!! ACH even went so far as to press in a silhouette of my all time favorite car(one that have owned 7 of, the last having 556hp and built entirely by ME, see my sig for the build of the last car) and wow does it look good! It's PERFECT!!!

86dda4bd.jpg

eda6effe.jpg

96a265cf.jpg

ae1626c8.jpg

So now I have everything, but this polished case is just screaming at me, so I take a half hr and fully brush the case and crown guard. While I am not fully complete, it looks dam near perfect to my tastes. Here she is, brushed and all put together!!!

I am super pleased and only need superlumed to make this a perfect piece(which I will do shortly)

60de085c.jpg

03fa0a62.jpg

d12cb8e5.jpg

00dda5b4.jpg

b5590e6d.jpg

f9924f76.jpg

76793762.jpg

d6e99a63.jpg

7f20d803.jpg

1654fa82.jpg

824850ee.jpg

352456fc.jpg

edwelly

Very, very nice Mike!

cajarana

Excellent choice mike, you can't go wrong with that homage.

Tse is a good seller, responds very quick and make "personal" watch buildings.

I'm wainting for one too ! and the waiting is killing me :D

HWG

Looks really good! Congrats on YOUR personalized watch!

pfcdre

congratulations mike very nice piece mate,like it alot,must feel good that its personalised. :D

Del

Very nice Mike! It's great you specced out the whole package, then brushed the case yourself - great job!

MikeMcNair
Very nice Mike! It's great you specced out the whole package, then brushed the case yourself - great job!

thanks guys, i love it. and the leather is so fucking soft its unreal!!!

the lume BLOWS, but otherwise its awesome. i have a dial yet to make that will solve this problem if Athaya would ever get off of his/her ass!!!

once that goes in, this thing will REALLY turn heads. :lol:

wat44

nice strap - I think your watch would polish up real nice, too!

kolchak

Love the power reserve, blue hands & brush job. How does this case/build compare to the getat's? I guess Jackson doesn't offer superlume..

MikeMcNair
Love the power reserve, blue hands & brush job. How does this case/build compare to the getat's? I guess Jackson doesn't offer superlume..

Nah, he would not superlume it, which sucks cause now I have to lol.

I will do a good comparo of the two soon.

Here are a few decent lume shots, showing how shitty it really is.... (the second 2 you can actually see it fade in the 3-4 seconds after being under the light, rubbish, and really the only flaw to speak of.

4caf147f.jpg

1898e399.jpg

f047c61c.jpg

MikeMcNair

looks like davidsen may have a solution for me!!!!!!!! so much easier to buy superlumed parts than doing them my self. :lol:

DSCF0983.jpg

kolchak

You can also have a rep instead of homage. I have a DSN pam 25 & overall it's brilliant but the lume sucked so it's at ska's place now.

Didn't know DSN sells super lumed bits & pieces - Can you tell me prices for the dial & hands because communication with him isn't always easy?

MikeMcNair
You can also have a rep instead of homage. I have a DSN pam 25 & overall it's brilliant but the lume sucked so it's at ska's place now.

Didn't know DSN sells super lumed bits & pieces - Can you tell me prices for the dial & hands because communication with him isn't always easy?

Will do, he did reply and I'm still trying to decipher the sentence lol

kolchak

Will do, he did reply and I'm still trying to decipher the sentence lol

Good luck with that! Know anyone who understands Chinglish?

MikeMcNair

Lol, I do.....

"hey mike, come up with your own results."........

Ok, on it!!!!

d3c72a9f.jpg

92c32b8b.jpg

f0d2f39f.jpg

690aa009.jpg

Dan22

Beautiful watch, stunning really! I prefer the black band though; it matches the black face more.

MikeMcNair
Beautiful watch, stunning really! I prefer the black band though; it matches the black face more.

Lol, look at the color of the dial now dude, it most certainly is NOT black!!!!!!!!!

Dan22

Lol, look at the color of the dial now dude, it most certainly is NOT black!!!!!!!!!

My bad. I got caught up with the shiny pics in the start of the thread. Beautiful none the less!

MikeMcNair

Ok, here is another! This time I have to thank Mary for her 45mm BLACKSTEEL, ACH for a sick strap, and Panatime for a nice clean MATTE finished PDV deployant!!

I could not be happier, well, maybe if there was ZERO texture on the leather, but this still looks the business!!!

Pix do the talkin.......

502b06ac.jpg

7aae0552.jpg

afe2d055.jpg

49d32286.jpg

66d67b50.jpg

b9e8bf50.jpg

Absolutely love it, and it fits like a dream!!! Thank you Andres, Mary, and panatime!!!!

Thanks for lookin in again!

And a wristie

MikeMcNair

Oh, it's a 22/22 on 22 Pam style deployant too btw, and matches my SA XD9 SC with it's colors!! It's fully a tactical watch now! Best part is, the night sites on the XD are blue also, so the lume even matches lol.

Sorry, I'm out of it. Surgery with no pain killers makes me nuts.. :lol:

cceb85bc.jpg

c51f36a1.jpg