Kyle_d

Buying boxes and papers - why?!

Kyle_d

I dont understand why people buy watches with papers and boxes, it don't make it anymore gen lol you're just paying more for the same watch with a load of useless stuff.  Ive seen a few Tag watches recently id buy but they're asking loads for them just cos they come with a fancy box and papers that look just like gen, but its still not gen so id rather pay less without all that shizz and stick it in my ebay watch box and be just as happy lol.

Agree or disagree?

paccbet

Yeah, people usually end up selling that shit when they realize how useless it is and no one wants to buy a fake box

GingerApple

Totes agree. I've never got it. Weird. Really weird. Like grown man keeping hamsters as pets. Weird.

RUSH2112

Its always an effort to make it appear more genuine.  I helped a friend by a high end sub rep with boxes and papers and it was to convince others he knew that the watch was legit.  That was important to him since he tends to run in circles with people with money and knowledge of watches.  Much of the time it’s to dupe potential buyers I fear.

SteveA

Totally agree I e got a cupboard full from my gens,just sitting taking up space,wouldn’t dream of buying for a rep

Kyle_d
Its always an effort to make it appear more genuine.  I helped a friend by a high end sub rep with boxes and papers and it was to convince others he knew that the watch was legit.  That was important to him since he tends to run in circles with people with money and knowledge of watches.  Much of the time it’s to dupe potential buyers I fear.
I think this too, to get more money out of those with less knowledge/ or new to reps.

I would never try fool my mates id just tell them its a rep lol but a superclone. Pretty sad IMO if u need to go the extent of purposely buying one with a box to help the blag but each to their own I guess.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

I bought a panerai box when I was first starting out.  it's still a nice box, and a place to store my favorite panerai, but overall a space waster and I wouldn't buy it again if I could go back. 

Glaude

Paper I don't get, it's fun to see that they replicate every little detail, but it's fun only one time.

Box, if you don't want to use a watchbox but rather store watches in individual package, some of them are very well replicated and very good looking. Too expensive for what they are even in rep but still, I can understand that

Mike R

Only 2 reasons

1.  Your scamming yourself and somehow  thinking it’s so much closer to gen. (Ego, most grow out of this )

2   Your planing on scamming someone else, ether fooling friends etc. (Ego)) or strait out ripping someone off

RUSH2112
54 minutes ago, Kyle_d said:

I think this too, to get more money out of those with less knowledge/ or new to reps.

I would never try fool my mates id just tell them its a rep lol but a superclone. Pretty sad IMO if u need to go the extent of purposely buying one with a box to help the blag emoji38.png but each to their own I guess.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

He also bought a couple more watches without the boxes.  One was a jaeger lecoultre skelotonized.  His wife saw it and looked it up on line and flipped her lid thinking he bought a $25,000+ watch.  Something about Rolex made him need to appear to be legit.

JSJ

I bought a rep Omega box very early on as part of a M2M deal. Still have it. Can't bring myself to sell it because I know what might happen if it falls into the wrong hands.

Waste of space but that really goes for the gen boxes too .

deju
1 hour ago, Kyle_d said:

I dont understand why people buy watches with papers and boxes, it don't make it anymore gen lol you're just paying more for the same watch with a load of useless stuff.  Ive seen a few Tag watches recently id buy but they're asking loads for them just cos they come with a fancy box and papers that look just like gen, but its still not gen so id rather pay less without all that shizz and stick it in my ebay watch box and be just as happy lol.

Agree or disagree?

Agree they take up space, I’ve got a few cool uboat boxes but reality is a box is a box. A majority are dull. 

Adit
1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Totally agree I e got a cupboard full from my gens,just sitting taking up space,wouldn’t dream of buying for a rep

Do you need a hand freeing-up some space? :D

Steve227

I reckon 99.99% of the time Box and papers are to impress someone else

Mystery Shopper
2 hours ago, Mike R said:

Only 2 reasons

1.  Your scamming yourself and somehow  thinking it’s so much closer to gen. (Ego, most grow out of this )

2   Your planing on scamming someone else, ether fooling friends etc. (Ego)) or strait out ripping someone off

+1000

It just adds to the delusion either way.

Sergio

I personally like walking around with my watch on my wrist and a pretty box on the other hand !!!!!!

Mike R
10 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I personally like walking around with my watch on my wrist and a pretty box on the other hand !!!!!!

:rofl:   :rofl: