Sign in to follow this  
johnny woozer

Going to BKK soon - And I'm back now

johnny woozer

Thanks. I'll try to upload them to photobucket.

johnny woozer
Yes PM me and I will give you my number I will tell you exactly where to buy I have one girl I send all the members to you have never seen anyone with so many items.

PS I am in Bangkok till the 8th june then away till 20th

Well, one day after my arrival in BKK I bought a thai simcard and called Robert :popcorn: . He guided me by phone through the streets in Chinatown to a small place where this girl, called Siam, has a busy business. People (dealers?) are running in and out, buying stock.

The nice thing is that I could see and feel the watches I asked for and almost every item was on stock. I wished that I had more money to spent. Siam gave me good info about the quality of the watches and even advised to buy a quartz in stead of an automatic chinese movement.

For myself I bought my first real rep: a Rolex GMT2 ceramic with copy ETA, and as a gift to familymembers I also bought a Rolex Submariner ceramic with copy ETA, 2 Gucci ladies watches, a Cartier Santos and an Omega Seamaster with quartz movements.

I also went to the MBK centre and have seen the Nah Piek store on the ground floor. I did'nt buy anything there, because I had bought the watches from Siam and had a nice round trip through southern Thailand ahead.

@ Robert: Thank you for your kind help giving me the opportunity to come as close to quality watches as I have been now.

And as promised, I have made some pictures of some of the watches. On some you see dust. That's on the outside.

I also made pictures of the shop and the watchsmith working there, but I don't show them on this forum because faces could be recognized.

Wristshot of my GMT

img0036uqk.th.jpg

When I inspected the watch more carefully I noticed that the caseback was not closed tight. That gave met the opportunity to grease the O-ring with silicone grease. I did this as well with the crown.

And see; Putting this GMT under water and concluded it's water resistant, at least in rainy conditions.

img0033d.th.jpg

Here you can see clearly the etched Rolex logo at 6

img0044maw.th.jpg

This image is made to show the date and cyclops

img0039c.th.jpg

The Sub

img0153mvy.th.jpg

The rehaut of the Sub

img0156e.th.jpg

Omega Seamaster quartz

img0145y.th.jpg

Caseback Omega

img0139yfa.th.jpg

Gucci ladies watch

img0151nzm.th.jpg

Caseback Gucci

img0149trm.th.jpg

I have no pics of the Cartier Santos. This watch was given as a present before I could make the pictures.

These were the watches.

For the rest I have had a beautiful roundtrip through an very nice country and met very friendly people.

Thailand is great! :lol:

greg_r

The watches look great! I better not show this thread to my wife as she'll be wanting one of those Gucci watches :popcorn:

Sounds like you had a very successful trip. :lol:

JohnG

Cool pics! And it sounds like a cool trip too. Did you meet PWC personally? I hear he looks like TTK, but shorter. :lol:

johnny woozer
Cool pics! And it sounds like a cool trip too. Did you meet PWC personally? I hear he looks like TTK, but shorter. :lol:

No, I did not meet him in person. We spoke each other on the telephone and he is very nice and helpful. Later that evening he went on his trip to Europe.

Patron Saint of Heartache
Cool pics! And it sounds like a cool trip too. Did you meet PWC personally? I hear he looks like TTK, but shorter. :)

No, I did not meet him in person. We spoke each other on the telephone and he is very nice and helpful. Later that evening he went on his trip to Europe.

Sorry to be resurrecting this thread from the graveyard but Rob just seems to be such a generous man! Can't wait to plan a trip to BKK!