Sign in to follow this  
johnny woozer

Going to BKK soon - And I'm back now

trailboss99

There you go Johnny, can't do better than that!

Col.

johnny woozer

Thank you all for the advices. I pm'ed prestigewatchco and will inform you if I succeeded in finding with your help some nice watches .

Johnny

Luthier
Thank you all for the advices. I pm'ed prestigewatchco and will inform you if I succeeded in finding with your help some nice watches .

Johnny

Why just not buy from Robert directly???

RolexAddict
Nothing is free there.

Patpong... Tell me about it! I spent a lot of time there... Fantastic place!

Same for me, I have made lot of cargos and ferrying flights there 15 years ago... At this time I remember the incredible number of venerian diseases clinics on the Sukhumvit road and also shops with rep RayBan, Lewis, Lacoste, Cartier... horrible trips with smocky tuk-tuk and speed boat powered by external truck engines on the Chao Praha river :lol:

normally, we spent 5-7 days between 2 rotations, so we picked a girl and kept her for the full stay :ninja:

johnny woozer

Johnny

I have never had a good rep in my hands, so this could be the opportunity to see, feel and buy them. Besides that, there is no problem with customs as long as I dont take 3 pcs per person. When sending watches to my homeadress from abroad, there would be a risk of seizure.

trailboss99
When sending watches to my homeadress from abroad, there would be a risk of seizure.

So? You got a mate , rellies etc in the UK or somewhere else in EU with more relaxed customs procedures? Mail them to them. Sending within the EU is no problem of cause so they can reship to you.

Col.

jameo210369

Right Johnny here you go:

1, Spend $2000 on some nice watches

2, Give your wife $50 to spend (she'll appreciate the trust you are showing in her)

3, Tell her you don't feel to good around your man bits before you go (your covered then for any diseases)

4, Save $200 for the last night and grab a lady boy (you know you want one)

Have a great holiday Johnny and remember we love pics.

Luthier

Johnny

I have never had a good rep in my hands, so this could be the opportunity to see, feel and buy them. Besides that, there is no problem with customs as long as I dont take 3 pcs per person. When sending watches to my homeadress from abroad, there would be a risk of seizure.

Johnny, you REALLY think you'll buy a good replica in Chinatown???

Especially if you never had one. 10 years ago I bought a few reps in Bkk, and was crazy proud of my quartz DayDate, until I entered this forum and get some knowledge, what good replica is.

Don't waste your hardearned money on crap, meet Robert, buy from him, and you'll be happy to the rest of your life.

And about customs... On each of my trips to China, I bring 8-12 reps, and chinese Custom, and USA Custop often opened my suitcases and saw it, and nobody, never asked me even one question!!!

Same with shipping. In the last few months I bought 5-6 watches, ALL were opened by Custom, and I got all of them.

I'm on this Forum for more than a year, and we have members from many countries, and nobody ever reported Custom seisure of watches.

RolexAddict

sounds like this topic is a Bangkok fake watch mystic .. :lol:

johnny woozer

Johnny

Especially if you never had one. 10 years ago I bought a few reps in Bkk, and was crazy proud of my quartz DayDate, until I entered this forum and get some knowledge, what good replica is.

Don't waste your hardearned money on crap, meet Robert, buy from him, and you'll be happy to the rest of your life.

And about customs... On each of my trips to China, I bring 8-12 reps, and chinese Custom, and USA Custop often opened my suitcases and saw it, and nobody, never asked me even one question!!!

Same with shipping. In the last few months I bought 5-6 watches, ALL were opened by Custom, and I got all of them.

I'm on this Forum for more than a year, and we have members from many countries, and nobody ever reported Custom seisure of watches.

2 Years ago I was in Thailand too. I bought some reps on the street. Rolex with saphire glasses on both sides. Ridiculous....as I know now. Since then I have been reading a lot on the former RWG, this new one and the other forums.

Now I would like to see and feel good reps. That's why I asked the members for advice where to find them in BKK. Robert asked me to PM him, which I did. I hope I will get an answer from him. As far as I can figure out the MBK shopping centre is not in chinatown. Customs are probably a little easier in USA than over here in EU. Maybe because we're rather close to the swiss originals.

AllergyDoc

Here is a picture of the shop, lifted from dadog13 on RWGjr:

P1020049.JPG

It's the 3rd shop from the right, with the lady in dark at the counter.

dadog13 says:

however if you wish to visit the popular MBW/MBK shop for the Rolex, PP's, AP's....you have to go to the ground floor and look for the shop named "Nah Piek"...ask him for the good stuff, sometimes he doesn't have them displayed...his prices are fixed...you can get a minimum discount!

Luthier

Johnny

2 Years ago I was in Thailand too. I bought some reps on the street. Rolex with saphire glasses on both sides. Ridiculous....as I know now. Since then I have been reading a lot on the former RWG, this new one and the other forums.

Now I would like to see and feel good reps. That's why I asked the members for advice where to find them in BKK. Robert asked me to PM him, which I did. I hope I will get an answer from him. As far as I can figure out the MBK shopping centre is not in chinatown. Customs are probably a little easier in USA than over here in EU. Maybe because we're rather close to the swiss originals.

MBK is not on our "trusted dealer's list", but Robert is, and he's one of the best, why take a chances?

Anyway, it's your money.

Just be careful in southern Thailand. There's a war zone.

johnny woozer
Here is a picture of the shop, lifted from dadog13 on RWGjr:

P1020049.JPG

It's the 3rd shop from the right, with the lady in dark at the counter.

dadog13 says:

however if you wish to visit the popular MBW/MBK shop for the Rolex, PP's, AP's....you have to go to the ground floor and look for the shop named "Nah Piek"...ask him for the good stuff, sometimes he doesn't have them displayed...his prices are fixed...you can get a minimum discount!

Hi Allergydoc

Thanks for your search for me. I did some research myself and found following pictures of the Nah Piek store and its location. Even the second store of Nah Piek is indicated on the map.

Ik don't remember who posted thes pics on the forums, but I thank them.

nahpiek2.th.jpg

nahpiekmbk.th.jpg

nahpiek.th.jpg

johnny woozer

Johnny

MBK is not on our "trusted dealer's list", but Robert is, and he's one of the best, why take a chances?

Anyway, it's your money.

Just be careful in southern Thailand. There's a war zone.

Thanks for your concern Luthier.

We are not going further south than Phuket island.

Till there it's safe to travel.

Maybe I can contact Robert while we are in BKK. At first I did'nt realize he was a trusted dealer.

So, thanks for this advise. And yes, it's my hard earned money what I of course want to spent very carfully.

prestigewatchco

I don't have a PM from you and i will be out of BKK from the 8th June

If you contact me I will direct you to the best place in bangkok to buy dealer grade watches

I have done it for lots of members all have bought

Just a word of advice though don't think the watches that are sold for $300 by dealers can be found for $50 it's not possible you will save but not as much as you would imagine.

The lady I use to send members to is about the biggest in Bangkok with the best selection

She is a pal of mine we import together so the items are definately the same as dealer stock. These are nearly impossible to find on your own in BKK and if you can the price will be mad

RolexAddict

johnny, seriously:

Bangkok and rep = Canal street, same crap

even MBK shopping, don't expect to find a sub like WM9 for $100, even for expensive watches, beware of nickel coated pot metal cases and myota Japanese movements.

You will ruin your trip if you spend your time in the mess of a shopping center, looking for watches. Go to visit temples, take a cab early in the morning and go to Damnoen Saduak floating market, stop to eat KFC and Subs in mall like MBK, taste delicious Thai food in the streets, you will learn more.

johnny woozer

If you contact me I will direct you to the best place in bangkok to buy dealer grade watches

Just a word of advice though don't think the watches that are sold for $300 by dealers can be found for $50 it's not possible you will save but not as much as you would imagine.

The lady I use to send members to is about the biggest in Bangkok with the best selection

She is a pal of mine we import together so the items are definately the same as dealer stock. These are nearly impossible to find on your own in BKK and if you can the price will be mad

I tried 2 times sending you a message by pressing on your name and choosing the option 'send message' .

Am I doing something wrong?? I 'll try again.!!

johnny woozer

I tried 2 times sending you a message by pressing on your name and choosing the option 'send message' .

Am I doing something wrong?? I 'll try again.!!

I just tried to send message 3.

trailboss99

Try Emailing him.

Col.

johnny woozer
Try Emailing him.

Col.

Thanks Col.

I just did.

Johnny

johnny woozer

johnny, seriously:

Bangkok and rep = Canal street, same crap

even MBK shopping, don't expect to find a sub like WM9 for $100, even for expensive watches, beware of nickel coated pot metal cases and myota Japanese movements.

You will ruin your trip if you spend your time in the mess of a shopping center, looking for watches. Go to visit temples, take a cab early in the morning and go to Damnoen Saduak floating market, stop to eat KFC and Subs in mall like MBK, taste delicious Thai food in the streets, you will learn more.

Watches are not the main issue. First of all we are very interested in the country, its culture, nature and nice friendly people. On the other hand it is also a place where I thought to find nice watches.

That's where the forums are used for. Sharing information of how and where to buy.(Sometimes on a funny way)

Meanwhile I have had contact with Robert and I will contact him when we are in BKK. If I succeed in buying some nice things I will post some pictures of them. Promissed!!!

greg_r

Have a great trip, Johnny!

johnny woozer

I'm back from BKK and have some pics to post of items, bought with the generous help of Robert.

But I can't find the story that explains how to post directly in the topic.

Can anybody help?? :lol:

greg_r
I'm back from BKK and have some pics to post of items, bought with the generous help of Robert.

Firstly, you'll need to upload your photos to a photo hosting site (or your own web space if you have it).

Most members recommend Imageshack or Photobucket for photo hosting, but there are others.

Once you have uploaded your photo to your webspace or photo host, display the full version of the image in your web browser and select the full address in the address bar. It will look something like: http:///img22.imageshack.us/img22/1234/yourimage.jpg. Hit control-C to copy that address to your clipboard

Click on the "new post" or "new topic" button to go to the posting dialog here at RWG. On the toolbar immediately below the "Fonts" dropdown you will see a small button with an image that looks a bit like a landscape. Hovering your mouse over that image will bring up a tooltip that says "Insert Image." Click on that button and paste the address for your image into the resulting dialog.

Click okay, and you're done!

Hope this helps, and welcome back!

JohnG

Not sure what you mean - you want to post pictures? If that is the case, they must be "hosted" on another site (such as photobucket.com) and then when you post you click on the button that looks like a little picture (if you hover over it it says "insert image"). Then you paste the "url" or link for the picture in that pop-up box...