alfa1234

Watch boxes?

alfa1234

Hi, I have kept all the boxes with my Gen watches, inc a 1984 Datejust which i bought from new! my question is, with Reps do you buy boxes or not bother?

NCRich

I have several watch boxes.

Jeppe.and

I haven’t personally purchased a box yet for any of my rep watches - but I’ll blankly admit that the thought has hit me a few times. 

What has kept me from buying has been the unsureness in quality, and also; what would I actually need the box for?

But again, I’ve thought about doing it to “complete the experience”, but haven’t actually done it as it seems like a unnecessary purchase. 

deju

Depending on the watch some reps come with them. 

I’ve never bought a rep box, let’s face it Rolex boxes even panerai aren’t the most exciting!

NCRich

Oh, I have no branded watch boxes.  I have boxes to put my watches in.

narikaa

I like these ones

IMG_2683%20-%20Copy.JPG?raw=1

deju
31 minutes ago, narikaa said:

I like these ones

IMG_2683%20-%20Copy.JPG?raw=1

Now if they would fake Panerai Cardboard boxes.....

2wc2ck.jpg

Abe Fromen

My first rep was a PAM1 and I bought the full box set as well. In the end, I sold the box separately. Quality was good but really, it just sat in the closet taking up space and not sparking joy. 

My watches go in a Ranier box so they can keep each other company. :) 

Adit

I do have a few Rolex boxes, some with all the docs, but then decided to buy, very recently, a beautiful Rolex-stamped, rosewood, glass lid, 10-watch, display case. It's really nice and so much better than leaving watches all separately scattered about in sock drawers, making life difficult for the burglars. After all, time is money.

Time to go shopping! :D

GenTLe

I'm at around "too many" watches. If I would have had boxes for them, probably I would have wore a lot less of them than I do.

The good of having multiple watch boxes with glass on top (even cheap ones like this https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/0a84ebaf-e363-45ae-98d8-dc0f7ac4388b_1.77e852ba485c0ede4cbea04cfd4279fb.jpeg ) is that you can take all of them out quickly and decide which watch you want to wear just with a glance.

Adit

Very nice. Cheap enough on eBay too