Sign in to follow this  
pfcdre

omega smp bezel pop

pfcdre

Hi anyone here know how to pop the bezel on an omega smp chrono,i would like to remove it, and then refit it, so its more secure, as ther is play in it at moment and dont wanna fill it with floss,this would make bezel sit above crystal cheers

pfcdre

cheers kbh, i assume its the same for omegas as it is for invictas, i will give it a go

KBH

Seems to be pretty much the same for most of them, particularly reps. OFrei's has an Omega bezel remover kit for $940 if that doesn't work.

KinCaidk

Mine had the same construction as the one in the invicta thread..

I spend a lot of time trying to pop the bezel off with razorblades, screwdrivers and my teeth :D

Easiest thing to do is to heat up the bezel a bit, take the insert out, pry the circlip-kinda-thing out of the bezel assembly and the bezel come right off.

reverse the procedure for putting it back on - but use glue instead of heat B)

pfcdre
Mine had the same construction as the one in the invicta thread..

I spend a lot of time trying to pop the bezel off with razorblades, screwdrivers and my teeth :rolleyes:

Easiest thing to do is to heat up the bezel a bit, take the insert out, pry the circlip-kinda-thing out of the bezel assembly and the bezel come right off.

reverse the procedure for putting it back on - but use glue instead of heat B)

ok thanks mate when im feeling brave enough im gonna go for it cheers

sconehead

...by the way, to cure any 'slop' the bezel up once you remove it (hopefully!) bend the spring to a more acute angles where it zig-zags between the bezel and case...

retainingwire.png

:lol:

pfcdre
...by the way, to cure any 'slop' the bezel up once you remove it (hopefully!) bend the spring to a more acute angles where it zig-zags between the bezel and case...

retainingwire.png

:boxing:

Oh Scone thanks so much for that one,i was wondering,i absolutely love the watch,and i am realistic that sometimes a little modding is required, but your post just saved me from having to work it out,thanks alot.Nice one :lol:

pfcdre

Thankyou Scone,Kbh, and all i popped the bezel off my 300m chrono smp,and did what was suggested in kbh's link,taped up area on shoulder of watch to protect from scratches, providing something to lever agains,used a sharp pen knife with a layer of tape over blade, levered off the bezel with a satisfying pop,did as scone illustrated with the bezel spring and popped it back together.Whole job took about half hour, now the bezel has no slack at all and has a real positive click.Thanks alot guys for the advice worked a treat :lol:

KBH

Another job well done and a future modder is born.

sconehead

+1...:lol: