Sign in to follow this  
Dizzo490

Need some advice - 1680 project

Dizzo490

Hello,

My name is Dan and I am very new to these types of projects. I recently purchased an auth 1570 movement, hoping to create a 1680 franken. At the time, I did not realize that there were different types of 1570 models with different date disc mounts. When I purchased the movement, the listing described the movement as fitting models 1665 1680 1016 5512. Will this movement fit in a stock 1680 case (or are modifications required)? Did the seller misrepresent the movement he sold me? I am yet to locate an auth 1680 case. When I locate one, would I be better off finding a 1570 movement from a 1500 series DJ? I believe that my movement is from a 1601 DJ. I really want to to successfully complete this project, so any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by Dizzo490

from www.doubleredseadweller.com

The Movement

The power plant of all Red Sub models is the Rolex made “1575,†however all the engravings I have ever seen on the rotor bridge are have been marked “1570.†The 1575 is the same movement as the 1570, with the exception that the 1575 has a date function. The same movement was used in all the Rolex sport models like the 1675, 1655 and the 1665. It is a great automatic movement that is relatively inexpensive to service with parts readily available. When oiled and regulated, it can run for many years with great accuracy and dependability.

Where have you checked for the case? do you want a gen or a 1:1 reproduction/

scope

The difference is the date disc mount. The correct movement will have a skinny silver date wheel. Good luck and I look forward to seeing

this project.