Sign in to follow this  
dumluk

New Guy in Florida

dumluk

HI all, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a collector of lower end watches for a long time. One of my favorite brands is Zodiac. Have a few Invictas, and the like.

I came into the topic of replicas just this week as last week I was given a Breitling Bentley. Initially pretty excited, who wouldn't be, assuming it was the real thing. I started doing research on it, and found an article on determining if it's genuine. Well, it isn't. The biggest clue being that the "30 second Chrono" took a full minute to make a revolution, as well as the fact that the crystal rotated with the bezel. It's still a very nice watch...just not authentic.

Anyway, it brought me into the world of replicas and this website. I really appreciate the information provided. Now I'm likely to pick up a homages of a few other things.

Dan

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse. Be sure to check out the link in my signature :rolleyes:

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! :rolleyes:

KBH

Welcome from another Floridian.

I'd assume if the crystal rotates with the bezel, I wouldn't go near any water with it. You really ought to post a picture of it.

trailboss99

Welcome mate, glad to have you.

I'd never take a Navi near water anyway KBH, they all leak like sieves, inc some gens.

pfcdre

Hello Dan :)

Del

Hello and welcome :thumbsup2:

agntkerr

Welcome from west palm beach. Greg

Balad1

Welcome and Aloha from Hawaii.

Read and ask questions, you are among friends.

ebzen02

Welcome from the middle of the Florida ghetto.. Miami!! LOL!!

Balad1
Welcome from the middle of the Florida ghetto.. Miami!! LOL!!

On the bright side I hope you like Cuban Sandwiches, how about Haitian food, LOL?

ebzen02

I am actually Cuban.. So, yes.. love my Cuban sandwiches.. Haven't had Haitian food in ages!

Balad1

I love Cuban food and enjoyed it whenever I visited MIA; the Hatian food part was the joke, lol.

ebzen02

LOL!! Yeah Cuban food ain't bad.. But I'd much rather have Sushi, Thai, or Vietnamese any day of the week.. go figure.. BTW.. It's freaking hot today!!

Balad1

My wife and I have considered moving to your area and or south. The cost of living here in Hawaii is outragous. Property taxes $5K, home owners insurance $5K, electric $6K, etc.

Luthier

30 seconds chrono???

Anyway, welcome to the club!!!

dumluk
30 seconds chrono???

Anyway, welcome to the club!!!

Yeah, on this particular Breitling Bentley, the A25362, the Chrono hand is supposed to make a revolution in 30 seconds. The face is labeled as 30 second chrono, and there are a series of markings on the inner ring of the face, labeled zero to 30. It also has a slide rule in the bezel.

Thanks to all for your kind welcome!

Nisv

Hi Dan, welcome :lol:

kan3

Welcome.

Fiddo

Hello! :beer2:

Welcome!

markaadresi

welcome to the nuthouse.

dumluk

Well, I've jumped in and ordered a panerai replica from Getat. It is a 44mm Marina in a titanium case with super lume, oxblood strap with black stitching. I know enough from reading posts here not to expect the 2 day shipping I get from Amazon...I just hope that by the time it gets here I won't have forgotten that I ordered it.

dingle
Well, I've jumped in and ordered a panerai replica from Getat. It is a 44mm Marina in a titanium case with super lume, oxblood strap with black stitching. I know enough from reading posts here not to expect the 2 day shipping I get from Amazon...I just hope that by the time it gets here I won't have forgotten that I ordered it.

great choice. be patient, it will be worth it :gayvikingmusic:

Balad1

I've got one on order and I'm not looking for it until after 30 days. At least that's the vibe I get by reading postings.

dumluk

At the request of KBH, I have finally snapped a cell phone shot of my big 48mm Breitling for Bentley...

Bentley.jpg

By the way, regarding the Pan homage ordered from Tat, it was picked up by the postman on Sunday. As of this morning, Friday, the tracking number still doesn't work. At least it is theoretically on wing to me...