uphone

26 y.o. from NYC

uphone

Hey all - About to get engaged and looking for my first big boy watch soon. Since I'm spending $12K+ on the rock, so thought I should be able to treat myself to something better than my $20 DW replica.

I'll be looking for a watch that seems believable that someone like me would wear. Maybe a watch that sell for around $1500 second hand is something that people would believe.

Mkiv

Welcome.  If you scroll all the way down the page once you login there is a section labeled

NEW MEMBERS: MUST READ THESE FIRST!  

That would be a good place for you to start reading.  Then maybe start looking over the replica reviews by brand section to get an idea of what you are looking for.

GingerApple
1 hour ago, uphone said:

Hey all - About to get engaged and looking for my first big boy watch soon. Since I'm spending $12K+ on the rock, so thought I should be able to treat myself to something better than my $20 DW replica.

I'll be looking for a watch that seems believable that someone like me would wear. Maybe a watch that sell for around $1500 second hand is something that people would believe.

They actually do some pretty decent Rep diamonds these days; your significant other would never know the difference if you ballsed it out! Then you'd have a shit load of money to spend on lovely watches.....

Remember, wives come and go, but watches are forever :thumbsup2:

Mike R

@uphone Tag and omega should fall in that used price range. Good luck with your engagement. 

GenTLe

If you like them, I'd suggest a Tudor black bay. The are with a range from 38 to 43mm (these last being the bronze) so should fit all wrists and they are ok for a 26yo guy. They also have a variety of dial/insert colours to match nearly any taste. Plus they are extremely well made reps :)