SCShrek

So what is "Best Edition"

SCShrek

I know what it is but am I right to assume when you see "Best Edition" on a rep, it means per vendor?  Most of these "Best Editions" are 1:1. After about 20 or so reps into the hobby, I have started to find my favorite TD's but is there anything that makes one TD's best edition sub from Noob better than another TD's best edition sub from ARF? I am just assuming it's the TD's opinion of the rep that they think is their best replica of that model they have to offer and has nothing to do with how well the rep stands up against a gen.

Glaude

Best edition is either because the TD want to promote this particular model or because they've just been told by the factory, they usually don't write the description but rely on what the factory told them

BadApple

Like the phrase AAAAAA etc...... it's sales speak.

Same as 1:1 because every rep watch has it's flaws so no rep is true 1:1 

GenTLe

It means nothing.

The 1:1 AAAAA+ Best version of last year is worst of the 0:0 BESTEST of this year. Pure bullshit.

I've seen so many "1:1" with 3mm added thickness respect to the gen that I don't even care about what they write. It's a matter of research to find out which is a good piece and which isn't

elp

Marketing.

FernTheBush

Definitely sales talk. I do find that 1:1 best editions are slightly better quality (from my experience), but I don't know if that's really the case.

SCShrek

I have a few 1:1 best editions, a Noob Hulk v9, a Daytona with the Super Clone  4130, an IWC Protugieser and just jumped on the black sub Kevin just offered up (that's what made me wonder),  and I cant seem to tell the difference when I look at other less expensive reps from the pics so I rely on these boards for review and the movements to judge. I also do not go into detail like measuring and comparing dimensions to gen. I only own cheaper gens like Tag and Omega so I dont have a gen to compare the quality, color and weight with something like a sub, daydate, IWC. Definately cant compare the Patek and ALange reps I own. The Lange 1, 25th Ann Ed happens to be my holy grail of watches...anyone have $45,000 they can spot me? :offtopic: 

It is as I expected though,...advertising. 

redislandmonkey

There was a very good thread that I read recently which gave a run down of the various factories and which reps they are generally best at - like a prat I didn’t bmark the thread - don’t suppose anyone has a link to it by any chance.

Cheers
Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe
33 minutes ago, redislandmonkey said:

There was a very good thread that I read recently which gave a run down of the various factories and which reps they are generally best at - like a prat I didn’t bmark the thread - don’t suppose anyone has a link to it by any chance.

Cheers
Red

That's already too old. New factories have raised since then, and they are really good and not mentioned there.

deju

Marketing bollocks. 

redislandmonkey
Marketing bollocks. 

What is? The thread I was referring to or something else mentioned here

deju
4 minutes ago, redislandmonkey said:

What is? The thread I was referring to or something else mentioned here

The use of Terminology “best edition” :) 

redislandmonkey

Agreed, we do our research and try to draw our own conclusions and I generally treat with suspicion statements like “best edition”, “1:1” and “indistinguishable from” - caveat emptor

narikaa

Chinese hyperbole

People need to understand the ethos out East, anything that secures money is considered a clever business practice

RussP
57 minutes ago, narikaa said:

Chinese hyperbole

People need to understand the ethos out East, anything that secures money is considered a clever business practice

Even if it ain't true, Reg ?

narikaa

Even if its theft

:panda:

redislandmonkey

As I said, it’s definitely buyer beware