Sign in to follow this  
a2raya83

Question for Mary's Deliveries!

a2raya83

Does Mary require a signature for her deliveries? I would ask her, but her being at a wedding and all...

I am out of town for the weekend and was surprised to see that my shipment from Mary has arrived so soon (been only 4 days!) :D However, I do not want it to be left at the front door (which is what USPS usually does with packages unless there is a signature requirement) since I won't be back until Monday.

Before I call a friend who lives a bit of a drive away to come and check, does anyone know, especially in the USA, if her packages require a signature?

Thanks!!

Cynikal.Mindset

I guess that depends on how mary sent it...depending on the method of shipment it sometimes requires signature and sometimes not...but since u got it in 4 days I'm gonna say it will require signature and if you or nobody else is home to sign you will have to pick it up at the post office

Member X

Or the post office worker will have been an idiot and left it there after signing for himself... :sniper: lol

I would get your friend to drive over and buy him a couple of beers next time you see him!!

Cynikal.Mindset

also does USPS or whoever delivers EMS shipments not update to say it was delivered and who signed for it?

canadapost states who signed for it with digital signature imprint that is shown on the website and if not delivered the status shows it was dropped at local post office for pickup

a2raya83

kinda freaked out cuz of smoola's experiences, but just checked the tracking and it has been updated!

"We attempted to deliver your item at 2:06 pm on May 13, 2011 in BIRMINGHAM, MI 48009 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after five days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

thanks to the USPS for not just leaving it at the front door or under some bin and actually following the RULES unlike our UK friends :lol: