Sign in to follow this  
Huds

Omega Planet Ocean is it worth going ultimate ?

Huds

I have been looking at getting another watch since selling one of mine and was looking at getting a Rolex but for various reasons put that idea on hold for a moment. I have a Narikka PO and really like it so was thinking of going for one the Ultimate versions with correct logo etc but will I really see a difference in the two ? Has anyone had both ? I did do a search but couldn`t find any comparisons ?

I`m also considering a TAG Carrera 7750 version anyone had one of these as well ?

Thanks in advance Nathan

houndoggie
I have been looking at getting another watch since selling one of mine and was looking at getting a Rolex but for various reasons put that idea on hold for a moment. I have a Narikka PO and really like it so was thinking of going for one the Ultimate versions with correct logo etc but will I really see a difference in the two ? Has anyone had both ? I did do a search but couldn`t find any comparisons ?

I`m also considering a TAG Carrera 7750 version anyone had one of these as well ?

Thanks in advance Nathan

Get something different. Maybe Panerai.

powderfreak

Thanks in advance Nathan

Why doesn't that statement surprise me at all :D

Huds

Thanks in advance Nathan

Not really seen any that take my fancy I`m afraid ??

I am open to other suggestions though ?

Has anyone got the better of the PO`s and can comment how much better or indifferent they are ?

KBH

Thanks in advance Nathan

Has anyone got the better of the PO`s and can comment how much better or indifferent they are ?

Really, the only thing better is if you're looking for one closer to gen. Are you talking about 42 or 45 mm? The 45 UPO is a great rep, probably considered a "super rep". Also, almost as good, is the 42 mm v5.

But Narikaa's are a huge success and absolutely great for the money. The downside is many cosmetic differences from the gen and it's only available is the cheaper 21j movements.

edwelly

I currently have a PO 42mm A21j $99 special from Robert. I love this watch, have it on now. But I also have a UPO 42mm coming from Silix. Paid $280 for that one. Should be here in the next week or so. I can let you know then.

KBH
I currently have a PO 42mm A21j $99 special from Robert. I love this watch, have it on now. But I also have a UPO 42mm coming from Silix. Paid $280 for that one. Should be here in the next week or so. I can let you know then.

The biggest flaws are the coin edge bezel, and the size and location of the HE valve on the cheaper one. Totally wrong.

Huds

Thanks in advance Nathan

Really, the only thing better is if you're looking for one closer to gen. Are you talking about 42 or 45 mm? The 45 UPO is a great rep, probably considered a "super rep". Also, almost as good, is the 42 mm v5.

But Narikaa's are a huge success and absolutely great for the money. The downside is many cosmetic differences from the gen and it's only available is the cheaper 21j movements.

The one I`m looking at is this one http://www.replicamake88.com/products/OMG1...ASIAN-2824.html Say`s its the ultimate 1:1 rep (obviously I don`t expect that but hopefully it`ll be close) and if I do get it I`ll sell the Narikka to get something else.

That will be great thanks but not sure I can be that patient to wait that long before ordering another watch !!

edwelly
The one I`m looking at is this one http://www.replicamake88.com/products/OMG1...ASIAN-2824.html Say`s its the ultimate 1:1 rep (obviously I don`t expect that but hopefully it`ll be close) and if I do get it I`ll sell the Narikka to get something else.

That is the same I have coming from Silix but I paid about $60 more so that makes me stupid.

That will be great thanks but not sure I can be that patient to wait that long before ordering another watch !!

I SOOOOO understand that feeling of NOW NOW NOW and I would be doing the same thing.

tissotman

The ultimate is a much better build watch , compared to a normal cheaper one there is no comparison

chum_2000_uk

Huds, I have a Tag Carrera and absolutely love it - my favourite watch so far. Had it from Mary.

If your after something different, how about something like this:

http://watch-happening.blogspot.com/2009/0...-royal-oak.html

From what I've seen so far, mainly over at the other RWG, the reps of these look great.

Huds
Huds, I have a Tag Carrera and absolutely love it - my favourite watch so far. Had it from Mary.

From what I've seen so far, mainly over at the other RWG, the reps of these look great.

Have you got a wrist shot of your tag ? I do really like some of them AP`s one orange one I think is called a volcano or something ?

chum_2000_uk

Have you got a wrist shot of your tag ? I do really like some of them AP`s one orange one I think is called a volcano or something ?

Here you go buddy, not the best, I just took them in my kitchen with my phone camera (the only one I have right now). The pics do not do the watch, looks really smart in person.

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

Yeah the Volcano AP looks pretty cool. I will add an AP to my collection at some point

Edited by chum_2000_uk

KBH

The AP Volcano is pretty good looking in pictures. Don't know about real life. But I believe the high quality rep is HUGELY expensive. Isn't it around $600 -$700.

Ska

I've owned and worked on both the UPO and 21j PO.

Both the UPO and the v5 45.5mm PO are awesome and a huge step above the 21j.

The cheapie is a great rep for the price but doesn't compare to the other two in any category.

If you love omega. It's a no-brainer.

tesmith2112

Check this thread out. This is the best 42MM UPO in my opinion. To my knowledge, there aren't any dealers on this forum that carry it. I could be wrong, but I reached out to a few and all had the standard V5 version with the logo too close to the text. If you're interested, just PM me and I'll give you more info on how to get it. I'm about to get one myself actually.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...mp;#entry226815

Luthier

There's PO and there's UPO, U stands for ULTIMATE, if you don't know. So, it's exist already.

:popcorn:

About TAG Carrera with A7750... Half of Carreras are with A7750, which one do you want?

tesmith2112
There's PO and there's UPO, U stands for ULTIMATE, if you don't know. So, it's exist already.

About TAG Carrera with A7750... Half of Carreras are with A7750, which one do you want?

:P

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Yes, I'm aware the "U" in UPO means Ultimate. The "UPO" is thrown around quite a bit, so I think it's lost some of it's luster. Anyway, I've looked at reviews on the 5th generation 42MM UPO and this dial looks better to me, that's all I meant. Perhaps the 5th gen PO is different than the UPO.

Please educate me....

Huds
Check this thread out. This is the best 42MM UPO in my opinion. To my knowledge, there aren't any dealers on this forum that carry it. I could be wrong, but I reached out to a few and all had the standard V5 version with the logo too close to the text. If you're interested, just PM me and I'll give you more info on how to get it. I'm about to get one myself actually.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...mp;#entry226815

Cheers Mate I`ll have a look at that, what is the cost of this one ?

This the one I`ve been looking at, not 100% which colour face/hands I prefer yet but this style for sure. http://www.replicamake88.com/products/TAG1...0BPH-BLACK.html

Huds
Good watch, if you have 6,5" wrist.

Too small for me, so, I bought this one:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3093

Best TAG ever.

It also has a Day, not only Date.

I`ll have to have a closer look at these ones, had not considered them before. I don`t exacly have a big wrist at 7`5" though but sure it would be okay.

chum_2000_uk
I`ll have to have a closer look at these ones, had not considered them before. I don`t exacly have a big wrist at 7`5" though but sure it would be okay.

My wrist isn't big either as you can tell from my pics, but I have come to prefer the size over my Seamaster chrono. Tried on a faulty GMT ii that I have laying around the other day as I had a craving to purchase another one, and to me they just look too small now! Bigger is better! As Luth says, they are the best Tags ;)