Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

DSSD Bracelet

Chiquita Fanjita

Since getting my DSSD I've never really experimented with the Glidelock, so thought I'd adjust it and see what difference it would make. So after having a play I put it back into the same position I started with and closed it up. All was good until I put it on and noticed the clasp sits low at one side now (see pics). I've tried moving it about again to see if it will sit flush again but can't get it back to normal. Anyone had the same problem or any ideas to sort it as I fear I'll catch it and damage the clasp or bracelet.

IMG-20110513-00196.jpg

a1cf42c8.jpg

Balad1

Try running the glide lock all the way in and then add links to fit your wrist properly.

This is a common issue.

Amit

will have to check if my sub does that once i get it back

Chiquita Fanjita

There's no more links to add mate. I've got a fairly large wrist and like it to be a little bit slack so it can move slightly but not so much as I could spin it around my wrist. You think the glidelock has something to do with it?

peleon

Hi Aston,

I've checked mine ( BK version) and in my opinion, everything's right with yours.

I think the only thing to do with yours is not to add one link but to remove one, it's not tightened enough.

After removing, if it's too tightened, you can do a fine adjust with the glidelock to let it a bit slack but right now it's too slack.

Del

Think they're all like that Andy - mine is the same except I've removed the divers extension and kept more links in instead - it still hangs out a little bit though.

You might find it was always like that and you never noticed?

HWG

McNair says to remove the divers extension, and you will be all good.

Chiquita Fanjita
Hi Aston,

I've checked mine ( BK version) and in my opinion, everything's right with yours.

I think the only thing to do with yours is not to add one link but to remove one, it's not tightened enough.

After removing, if it's too tightened, you can do a fine adjust with the glidelock to let it a bit slack but right now it's too slack.

Cheers, thought about making it tighter to see if it would pull it up. Can the bracelets on the DSSD not be adjusted like older Rolex bracelets, i.e. where you can adjust it slightly by moving pin along clasp?

Think they're all like that Andy - mine is the same except I've removed the divers extension and kept more links in instead - it still hangs out a little bit though.

You might find it was always like that and you never noticed?

You're probably right mate, it no doubt has been like that since I got it and just noticed it. Don't wear it that often as I'm keeping it pristine for my best man duties in 6 weeks time ;)

Don't really fancy removing divers extension as I like to keep it as near to original as possible but if it ends up catching and possibly damaging it I may well have to.

Cheers guys :picard:

Balad1

My DSSD was the same way.

The more the glide lock was extended the worse the clasp gapped open. I would give my suggestion a try or Mike McNair's with removing the glide lock all together.

If you need extra links I am sure some of us will help you out.

Cynikal.Mindset

If you need a link I got one to spare.

peleon
Hi Aston,

Cheers, thought about making it tighter to see if it would pull it up. Can the bracelets on the DSSD not be adjusted like older Rolex bracelets, i.e. where you can adjust it slightly by moving pin along clasp?

I understand your choice to keep the glidelock on to be as close as possible to the gen.

When you have removed one link and if it's too tightened just unlock the glidelock, put it one or two notches backwards and relock it.

This video illustrate it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6lsuIW33P0

You can take a look at this if you change your mind and want to remove the extension : http://www.newturfers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5877

regards

P.S. : sorry for my poor english, i'm french!

Edited by peleon

MikeMcNair
My DSSD was the same way.

The more the glide lock was extended the worse the clasp gapped open. I would give my suggestion a try or Mike McNair's with removing the glide lock all together.

If you need extra links I am sure some of us will help you out.

A) i said to remove then DE, NOT the glide lock bro ;)

B) I have an extra GL setup if you need one, and a few divers extensions, and links, etc.

Let me know how I can help.

Cheers.

Chiquita Fanjita

Thanks for all your help and offers guys, its much appreciated. Think I'll try and remove a link first and see how I get on, and I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers :D

dkj1956

Hi!

Interesting posts - as one new to the forum, and wearing my seadweller rep of for only the sencond day. I notice that the clasp on this model is slightly longer than most of my other watches and I presumed this accounted for the imbalance on way the clasp countoured my wrist. As other have mentioned, it does seem to exptend out a bit. I can get used to it as it doesn't have any sharp edges! Ha!

DJ