Sign in to follow this  
opus9

Corum Golden Bridge from R.@ prestigewatches.

opus9

Hi all,

Well this morning there was a lovely surprise waiting for me at the post office.The small package sent by Robert of prestigewatches a little over a week ago arrived here in Cyprus. I really bought this watch on a whim as my tired old Bulova was not living up to the mark as a dress/tuxedo watch.

I opened the package and was extremely pleased,the watch quality is superb.The micron Gold is flawless.The movement is stunning and It will stay on my wrist for a couple of days. This watch is one unique style,the 360 degree front,sides and back glass make for a spectacle. The logo on the front glass is perfect and centralized.The crown is fully engraved and sits at the bottom of the watch.

I was also surprised at the size,it is larger than i thought being 60mm long 43mm wide and 12mm deep. The only thing I am not keen on is the strap.I would have liked the buckle to be removable so I could put a nice croc one on with the corum buckle,still my understanding is that most rep leather bands are shite..so in the big scheme of things its not an issue.

So as my first watch bought from Robert,I am very pleased and will use him again when he finds me a wonderful Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso

Below some pics for you...

th_SAM_0060.jpg

th_SAM_0054.jpg

th_SAM_0055.jpg

th_SAM_0058.jpg

th_SAM_0059.jpg

th_SAM_0062.jpg

regards all,

Opus9

Edited by opus 9

Mazz

Who is Richard?

Nice watch BTW

opus9
Who is Richard?

Nice watch BTW

yeah meant robert..lol

regards

opus9

Dr.Verylong

That looks great. Could you please post larger pics?

WebWind

Nice pick and great dealer!

Any chance to post pics witch better resolution?

opus9

As per your requests,

SAM_0060.jpg

SAM_0053.jpg

SAM_0058.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0059.jpg

SAM_0062.jpg

Hope thats better for you guys,

regards

opus9

mspangl

Very unique watch!

greg_r

That's stunning! :kinkthegaydancer:

By the way, that buckle is almost certainly removable - should just fit with a springbar.

kan3

Nice watch bro, would like great on special occasions like weddings.

David543

Oh wow, we were talking about that watch last week! That is pretty close, amazing. Considering they are reping a £20k watch with a proprietary movement. Now you have it, how close does it look overall? How much was it and would you recommend it to a fellow Corum lover?

Cheers mate, great watch and pictures!! :)

agntkerr

Great looker!

opus9
Oh wow, we were talking about that watch last week! That is pretty close, amazing. Considering they are reping a £20k watch with a proprietary movement. Now you have it, how close does it look overall? How much was it and would you recommend it to a fellow Corum lover?

Cheers mate, great watch and pictures!! :)

Thanks bud,it looks great mate,honestly looks so expensive and as there is no second hand the manual wind works well. Its kept perfect time all day. defo recommend..three people have commented so far saying what a 'amazing, beautiful etc watch it is' i have had one guy ask if it was expensive,i replied well it wasn't cheap..(i paid r. $175 I think) and it looks like a 5 grand watch.no one has questioned me if its real because no one even knows about the gen (go figure,i must be a watch geek lol).the rose gold is better than yellow i have seen on reps and the plating is flawless. Its defo a tuxedo,wedding,special occasion watch glass of champers in the hand etc, and it shines well in the cyprus sun..got a few quid spare, don't have a special occasion watch....get one.

regards

Adrian.

David543

Thanks Adrian, you have picked my next watch for me!

Regards

David

myaz

Dang, my queue has just grown by 1. I wish it was just a tad bit smaller but will that stop me? think not.

jameo210369

great pick up Opus, as above, really nice dress watch.

Balad1

Cool rep Opus.

opus9
That's stunning! :beer2:

By the way, that buckle is almost certainly removable - should just fit with a springbar.

greg,if you get the chance could you explain? I HAVE NO IDEA!! or about watches bud..

regards

opus9

Dr.Verylong

Great watch Opus. Not for the faint of heart B) I wonder how thick the plating is, that is the only difficulty about the golden watches.

David543

That's just what i have asked a dealer!

Is the glass Saphire by the way?

crewldude

Great looking watch! Very different...but it works!

greg_r
That's stunning! :lol:

greg,if you get the chance could you explain? I HAVE NO IDEA!! or about watches bud..

regards

opus9

The buckle will almost certainly have a spring bar (as is used at the watch end) as the crosspiece of the buckle. Use a springbar tool between the edge of the strap and the side of the buckle to depress the spring in the bar, and the buckle should just pop off.

opus9
That's just what i have asked a dealer!

Is the glass Saphire by the way?

Pretty sure the glass isn't sapphire as there is so much of it... as for plating..well its a dress watch so I may wear it 2/3 times per year...if it lasts 5 years then I am happy, and at that rate it should.

regards

opus9

gtwc

Lovely watch.

thanks for the bigger pics.

'nutha one for my (ever-expanding - like my belly) wish list.....

opus9
That's stunning! ;)

regards

opus9

The buckle will almost certainly have a spring bar (as is used at the watch end) as the crosspiece of the buckle. Use a springbar tool between the edge of the strap and the side of the buckle to depress the spring in the bar, and the buckle should just pop off.

greg ur a star..and when you running a new upgrade comp?

regards

opus9

NFleischer

Cool looking watch, not my cup of tea. Congrats!