rhyswales

Tag advice

rhyswales

Hi guys,

Before I start excuse the lack of knowledge of reps, contacted this trusted seller on one of the quite large watch groups on FB.

I really want to very good quality tag aquaracer and I'm willing to pay extra for it that's not a problem, but what I want to avoid is paying top wack for a average watch. 

He's claiming it to be super close grade, and "same as gen inside and out".

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Rhys

Screenshot-20190509-091527.png

Screenshot-20190509-091532.png

Screenshot-20190509-091536.png

Edited by rhyswales

Thommo82

In a nutshell......

Just buy from a TD from here.

Email one or two and tell them what you want.

If you buy elsewhere and it goes pear shaped, you’re on your own.

Also.... if you are willing to spend a bit, why not just look at used gen Tag Aquaracers?

They do make fantastic reps, but gen is gen 

Enthusiast88

Why don’t you buy from a TD here?? You can get the best of the best. 

Honestly it’s a gamble if you buy elsewhere who’s not a TD.. 

rhyswales
50 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

In a nutshell......

Just buy from a TD from here.

Email one or two and tell them what you want.

If you buy elsewhere and it goes pear shaped, you’re on your own.

Also.... if you are willing to spend a bit, why not just look at used gen Tag Aquaracers?

They do make fantastic reps, but gen is gen 

47 minutes ago, Enthusiast88 said:

I really do appreciate all the advice and the only reason I was looking elsewhere is that I have messages 6 or 7 TDs and they either aren't contacting me back or aren't able to get it for some time. And when you have someone offering you a super clone for £290 boxed and the only TD I had contact me back wanted £400. 

Edited by rhyswales

deju

What do I think?

I think modern tags are shite :lol: a watch for a Golfer who drives a jag and wants a luxury watch, has no taste or budget for one.  

Now a Heuer vintage watch means you’re a mans man, up there with McQueen and Newman. 

Thommo82
3 minutes ago, deju said:

What do I think?

I think modern tags are shite :lol: a watch for a Golfer who drives a jag and wants a luxury watch, has no taste or budget for one.  

Now a Heuer vintage watch means you’re a mans man, up there with McQueen and Newman. 

Ok, I lol’d

Summed it up pretty well mate 

deju
14 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Ok, I lol’d

Summed it up pretty well mate 

You know I'm right, you can literally imagine him in a bar or club house Scoffing at someone wearing a Grand Seiko next to him. 

"Conversation Ah a Seiko , I  had one of those as a kid, just got this Tag Whoyaar (they Always over pronouce this part extra luxury bux) watch myself,  if you ever look to upgrade to a luxury watch you should get one too.   Obviously some think the blue dials a bit flash but it matches my Caesium Blue Jah-hig (over pronunciation makes things way more luxury) XF Diesel "

PiercingFlatLadybird-size_restricted.gif

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, deju said:

You know I'm right, you can literally imagine him in a bar or club house Scoffing at someone wearing a Grand Seiko next to him. 

"Conversation Ah a Seiko , I  had one of those as a kid, just got this Tag Whoyaar (they Always over pronouce this part extra luxury bux) watch myself,  if you ever look to upgrade to a luxury watch you should get one too.   Obviously some think the blue dials a bit flash but it matches my Caesium Blue Jah-hig (over pronunciation makes things way more luxury) XF Diesel "

:rofl: Lol, utter genius!!!

You really do have a lot of issues you need to work through though mate, this sort of stuff clearly bothers you too much. Did the golf club knock back your application?

Thommo82
24 minutes ago, deju said:

So can I (as a rich watch snob) pronounce, Pa-tik  Fill-ee-pay?

Or-dim-airs  Pee-Gaay?

O-Meee-gar?

Rohh-lix?

Yah-gurr Le Ko-tuurrr?

Enthusiast88

This is gold :rofl:

deju
28 minutes ago, VieuxRougeRance said:

:rofl: Lol, utter genius!!!

You really do have a lot of issues you need to work through though mate, this sort of stuff clearly bothers you too much. Did the golf club knock back your application?

The fact we all get the joke... you know it's an actual thing! 

21 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

So can I (as a rich watch snob) pronounce, Pa-tik  Fill-ee-pay?

Or-dim-airs  Pee-Gaay?

O-Meee-gar?

Rohh-lix?

Yah-gurr Le Ko-tuurrr?

Bullgary 

Rx4Time

Stick with the trusted dealers and member to member sales.  The number of typographical errors in those messages should give you pause.  I'm also surprised that you're considering doing business with someone who speaks to you in the mannering which they did.  

fatarms

I love that he says the movement doesn't have a name like 2836. 

I guess he's kinda right, it uses a 2824 with some fancy engravings on the bridges and call it a Calibre 5 :rolleyes:

Steer clear of that guy.

black263
9 hours ago, rhyswales said:

I really do appreciate all the advice and the only reason I was looking elsewhere is that I have messages 6 or 7 TDs and they either aren't contacting me back or aren't able to get it for some time. And when you have someone offering you a super clone for £290 boxed and the only TD I had contact me back wanted £400. 

So,  a bunch of our long-time trusted dealers say it isn't available and when it is it's £400.  On the other hand you have a random dealer who can get a super clone with true to gen movement that doesn't even have a number it's so good, available now, boxed,  at a saving of £110.

One of them is talking bullshit and I know who I'm betting on.

splke

if you want to buy a pos just go on dhgate at least you have a little bit of protection

than when you learn you come back here put a wtb up and wait for a m2m sale or an offer

gooner2826
9 hours ago, rhyswales said:

Screenshot-2019-05-09-19-53-26-146-com-a

$258 dollars for that with a 2836 movement

Screenshot-2019-05-09-19-53-45-856-com-a

$188 with a 2813 movement 

Screenshot-2019-05-09-19-54-10-711-com-a

$178 for the quartz

Your Facebook guy is selling you a quartz one, you can pick them up on eBay used for like £500/600.

Save yourself the money and hassle (your guy probably has a DHgate one) and go with a TD...

Glaude

:rofl: @deju 

and to OP, we have trusted dealer here, nobody can beat their price for quality products, if someone is, there's a scam somewhere. They are at the source of this rep business.

rhyswales
11 hours ago, deju said:

11 hours ago, deju said:

The fact we all get the joke... you know it's an actual thing! 

Bullgary 

Thanks for making my night I haven't laughed so much in a long time! nearly chocked on my sandwich lol,

I really do appreciate the advice and what I'm going to take from this is ill spend the extra £££ and purchase a watch from a TD and know I'm receiving a quality item, thanks again guys. Failing that ill save up and purchase a gen tag, cant go wrong with that T factory.

rhyswales
14 hours ago, Enthusiast88 said:

I hate a gamble, will I receive the best and not a AAA+ for the price of a clone, also will you guys help me out to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth? but then again I suppose that's what's QC is for.

Sorry guys I am a little "pissed" been in a funeral wake all day! ill put the work in tomorrow and learn the basics! Thanks again

GenTLe

My suggestion: send to Mary watch (TD here)  a picture of the watch you are searching and follow her advice.

GingerApple

You know what I'd advise generally speaking - try and buy watches that are relatively new releases. In those circumstances it's way more likely that TDs will have easy access to them, there's bound to be a host of reviews and comparison photos here or next door that you can read in advance and imo, some of the later releases are of such high quality they're unreal.

There are watches out there that I like and want, but that aren't repped well and/or don't have a recent release. Rather than trying to track down that old, shitty model that may or may not be available, I'd say the best thing to do is forget about it and buy another watch you like that's new and amazing. Eventually a good rep of the watch you want will come along and you can buy it then.

So I'd say forget about the Tag for now, just get an awesome, new watch that you like and enjoy it! There must be a decent newish watch out there that you like!!?! These divers below are amazing (if you like them), so Gen like. If they're not your thing, there are so many amazing recent releases, something must appeal!

https://www.intime04.co/omega/6061-2018-seamaster-diver-300m-vsf-1-1-best-edition-black-ceramic-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

https://www.intime04.co/omega/6060-2018-seamaster-diver-300m-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-ceramic-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

https://www.intime04.co/omega/6062-2018-seamaster-diver-300m-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-ceramic-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

Franksie

TD all the way do not make the mistake of elsewhere, there are plenty out there waiting to relieve you of your hard earned cash

BadApple
22 hours ago, rhyswales said:

Before I start excuse the lack of knowledge of reps, contacted this trusted seller on one of the quite large watch groups on FB.

You have this all wrong, very wrong. You are on RWG - THE only sellers to be trusted are listed on here - USE ONE OR GET A DIFFERENT HOBBY 

Enthusiast88
8 hours ago, rhyswales said:

I hate a gamble, will I receive the best and not a AAA+ for the price of a clone, also will you guys help me out to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth? but then again I suppose that's what's QC is for.

Sorry guys I am a little "pissed" been in a funeral wake all day! ill put the work in tomorrow and learn the basics! Thanks again

No, you won’t get AAA (unless thats what you ask for through certain dealers) You’ll definitely get your money’s worth. All the dealers get the watches straight from the factory’s, theres no possible way you can find higher grade anywhere outside the forum. That guy you talked to an fb is blowing smoke out his ass imo. People are giving you advice, take it. You wont be disappointed. Don’t rush, read up and you will know exactly what to do and where to do it.

8 hours ago, VieuxRougeRance said:

You know what I'd advise generally speaking - try and buy watches that are relatively new releases. In those circumstances it's way more likely that TDs will have easy access to them, there's bound to be a host of reviews and comparison photos here or next door that you can read in advance and imo, some of the later releases are of such high quality they're unreal.

There are watches out there that I like and want, but that aren't repped well and/or don't have a recent release. Rather than trying to track down that old, shitty model that may or may not be available, I'd say the best thing to do is forget about it and buy another watch you like that's new and amazing. Eventually a good rep of the watch you want will come along and you can buy it then.

So I'd say forget about the Tag for now, just get an awesome, new watch that you like and enjoy it! There must be a decent newish watch out there that you like!!?! These divers below are amazing (if you like them), so Gen like. If they're not your thing, there are so many amazing recent releases, something must appeal!

https://www.intime04.co/omega/6061-2018-seamaster-diver-300m-vsf-1-1-best-edition-black-ceramic-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

https://www.intime04.co/omega/6060-2018-seamaster-diver-300m-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-ceramic-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

https://www.intime04.co/omega/6062-2018-seamaster-diver-300m-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-ceramic-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

+1