Redemskis

Seiko Pepsi pogue

Redemskis

I

• Like 1

brang1

these are a beautiful watch, i would not give it back if i were you 

CurioLeo

Yes, "proof" dials are only until late 1970 / early 1971, so rarer than "resist" dials.  The inner bezel hasn't faded either and the bezel insert isn't banged up, therefore an excellent condition pogue by the look of it.  Don't polish it. That will just devalue it. As is, it might be worth about  $1500AUD.

CurioLeo

VfoUCZ.md.jpg

Here is mine,  although I have sold it since this photo was taken 

RussP

At the risk of being labelled a Contrarian, I'd say get the watch's exterior refurbished as per the owner's request.

If the watch was yours, then the decision whether to or not to would be yours to make.

brang1

send it to me, i will polish it for free... fact you won't see it again only adds sparkle to the whole affair

59 minutes ago, RussP said:

At the risk of being labelled a Contrarian, I'd say get the watch's exterior refurbished as per the owner's request.

If the watch was yours, then the decision whether to or not to would be yours to make.

bloody Contrarian

1 hour ago, CurioLeo said:

VfoUCZ.md.jpgthat is a beautiful example 

Here is mine,  although I have sold it since this photo was taken 

CurioLeo

It was....Genuine NOS case,  bracelet, bezel and insert, fully serviced, faded "white" fully functional inner bezel and no print on dial - exact same model as "the Pogue" but in NOS condition.  Unfortunately I decided to take an offer too good to refuse to partially fund a modern GS

NCRich

Its getting VERY difficult to navigate the pogue waters now.  You can buy all the components to turn other Seiko chronos into a "Pogue"

That dial is $50 on ebay and the seller has sold hundreds of them.  I have that watch, but no idea which of my components is genuine.  As it was a gift I don't care.  Love the watch.

Redemskis
Yes as I said it's my father in laws and he wants it refurbished

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

cvp3

2 of my favorite things.

Red Oak beer. Made with only 4 ingredients following the Bavarian beer law from 1516. Water, Barley, Hops and Yeast. Such a smooth, rich, Amber lager.

Seiko Pogue chronograph in beautiful condition. A mechanical marvel whose crown rotates the inner bezel when in, sets time when out, soft push advances the date only, hard push advances day/date. Same thoughts as Rich here. No idea what 'gen' is left of these, but sell swore it was 100%. Doubt it for what I paid.

image.jpg

Part of a trio just in from Japan. 

image.jpg

Thefrenchman
On 15/06/2019 at 22:10, cvp3 said:

2 of my favorite things.

Red Oak beer. Made with only 4 ingredients following the Bavarian beer law from 1516. Water, Barley, Hops and Yeast. Such a smooth, rich, Amber lager.

Seiko Pogue chronograph in beautiful condition. A mechanical marvel whose crown rotates the inner bezel when in, sets time when out, soft push advances the date only, hard push advances day/date. Same thoughts as Rich here. No idea what 'gen' is left of these, but sell swore it was 100%. Doubt it for what I paid.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice collection,like the Bell-Matic think the Pogue would have benefitted from a standard crown rather than the reccessed,which makes it look a little unbalanced.

cvp3

Can't argue with that. 

GingerApple
On 28/05/2019 at 09:06, brang1 said:

bloody Contrarian

Whereabouts is that, near Brisbane? My convict geography isn't the best.

FudgyDocker
On 15/06/2019 at 21:10, cvp3 said:

Three watches that are part of a trio. Now my maths isn't the best, but......

brang1
23 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Whereabouts is that, near Brisbane? My convict geography isn't the best.

just south of upper Kumbukta west

WatchDog21
On 28/05/2019 at 02:28, Jezasaurus said:

I have this on loan from my father in law to give it a once over and send it to the polishers and its such a lovely watch I wondered if they ever made a replica of it?

Also apparently this one is quite rare as it states water proof and they soon changed it to water resistant, how true this is I'm unsure but if anyone knows Seiko could confirm that would be brilliant

Thanks 040f443cc54ae67d6f4c7108098b2797.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

When you do find them out there for sale they do bring a hefty price.  Love this one, wish I had one in the collection