SCShrek

Hello from a noob

SCShrek

Even though the instructions clearly state "New members start here", I signed up in April and jumped in with both feet. Like every newbie, I read some stickys and thought I was ready. Trailboss99 taught me otherwise when he once cordially invited me to go to another site :). Oh well, I deserved it whining about the time it takes a TD to do...blah blah, you get the picture.

Anyway, although I am late 40's, I am new to reps. I spent my life sporting Citizens not realizing how cool mechanicals were until I bought my first Tag last summer. I was hooked but I was also too poor to keep buying gens. I knew there were "knockoffs" ala Canal St  but had no idea you could get good replicas until I found RWG and RWI...I'll throw in RepGeek too.

I have already talked and gotten loads of information from some of  our esteemed members, @NCRich and @GenTLe . They have been extremely helpful understanding movements. From a noob who only wore a Citizen watch, movements, bezels, dials, hands, etc can be mind boggling until you figure it out.

Reps should come with some sort of red addiction label attached. Being an engineer, now I am spending money on tools to take these things apart but as one member told me , when it breaks, just spend the $50 and buy a new movement. 

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello as I have a good taste of some of your personalities...looking at you @GingerBubba. You come up with some good shit.

:finger:

SCShrek

What the Hell??? wrong icon. I was just trying to wave...

Please...no gulag :Praying: :whiteflag: :lol:

FudgyDocker
2 minutes ago, gwbmcse said:

Nope that was exactly the correct icon for @GingerBubba

SCShrek
3 minutes ago, Bill_Niggs said:

Nope that was exactly the correct icon for @GingerBubba

Love your profile Interests Bill. Now if someone can get @deju to change that avatar....no one wants to see @Glaude holiday photo...:rofl:

FoxWilde

Welcome mate. That's a proper way to become introduced.

Glaude

Let me greet you the proper RWG way then : :finger: :D 

SCShrek
6 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Let me greet you the proper RWG way then : :finger: :D 

I TOTALLY saw that coming. Thought it would be from GB, but knew we'd get there in the end.

GenTLe

Welcome mate :)

GingerApple

What the!!?!

Well, I'm late to the party, but fuck it:

:finger:

Jibuti
2 hours ago, gwbmcse said:

People ended there for much less, ask about GB and his comments about Rich's pool... 

SCShrek
13 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

People ended there for much less, ask about GB and his comments about Rich's pool... 

Maybe my white flag waving  did it or most likely, a mod hasnt taken a look yet. Can Glaude gulag you? LOL. Anyway, if the powers that be decide it so, I'll just take up the beer drinking where @Enthusiast88 left off. 

Enthusiast88
2 hours ago, gwbmcse said:

Maybe my white flag waving  did it or most likely, a mod hasnt taken a look yet. Can Glaude gulag you? LOL. Anyway, if the powers that be decide it so, I'll just take up the beer drinking where @Enthusiast88 left off. 

If you do end up there (which i doubt) I’ve made some super strong hooch hidden in cell block ginger... it must’ve aged beautifully, be careful!! 

Glaude
3 hours ago, gwbmcse said:

No need to gulag you,... yet :lol: 

I've gulaged people before and I'll probably gulag the ginger for a week or two at one point... even if he has done nothing, just so that everyone can enjoy the forum in peace... :D 

SCShrek
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

I've gulaged people before and I'll probably gulag the ginger for a week or two at one point... even if he has done nothing, just so that everyone can enjoy the forum in peace... :D 

I’m sure the day will come. :jail: :D

GingerApple
8 hours ago, Glaude said:

I remember you before the power went to your head. You were quite a sweet garlic muncher back in those days.

You know, I don't understand why they'd give the 'Have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-on-again' man the power to Gulag? Unless it was a power hungry demand before you'd agree to take on the role?

Power corrupts.

You've changed.

Sad times.

Glaude
6 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

I remember you before the power went to your head. You were quite a sweet garlic muncher back in those days.

You know, I don't understand why they'd give the 'Have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-on-again' man the power to Gulag? Unless it was a power hungry demand before you'd agree to take on the role?

Power corrupts.

You've changed.

Sad times.

:rofl: 

SCShrek

@Glaude @GingerBubba  Do you two need a room? :lol:

Glaude
8 minutes ago, gwbmcse said:

@Glaude @GingerBubba  Do you two need a room? :lol:

We are in a separated bed configuration since a long time ago !

GingerApple
45 minutes ago, Glaude said:

We are in a separated bed configuration since a long time ago !

He still slips across the corridor to my room on those cold winter nights though....

Glaude
2 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

He still slips across the corridor to my room on those cold winter nights though....

Told you we needed two fleshlights, one is not enough, especially given the hogger that you are !

SCShrek
10 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Told you we needed two fleshlights, one is not enough, especially given the hogger that you are !

:popcorn:

deju

Getting a tad personal ladies :lol:

Enthusiast88
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Glaude, if he says he’s got a spare flashlight don’t trust him... just saying. 

Glaude

I'm not worried, the other one that he doesn't want me to see is the mini maglite...

Enthusiast88
16 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I'm not worried, the other one that he doesn't want me to see is the mini maglite...

:rofl: