CollieWobbles

Seiko shocker

CollieWobbles

Hi all,

I got a seiko skx009 from creation watches in Jan19 and have worn it every day since with no issues. I’m on holidays at the minute and after the first time in the pool the watch has stopped. I can only assume water has got into it, the crown is screwed down correctly so maybe a gasket pinched or misaligned. I really miss having a watch on my wrist and I’m really disappointed 

RussP

My condolences.

Send them an email to explain the situation and let the forum know how they respond.

FudgyDocker

If it's only 4 months old, it should be covered by the 2 year warranty. It's certainly rated for swimming pools.

CollieWobbles

Update;

Well it’s working again :ohwell: . I got fed up not wearing a watch so put it back on and noticed it running. I looked again and it had stopped, this happened again a few times but it has been running fine for the last 24 hours. Maybe it was a coincidence after being in the pool for the first time with it, maybe I’ll try it in the pool again tomorrow and see what happens, what do you think?

austinsom

If it did get water inside, then it will be starting to corrode (was it a salt water pool?), so you need to seal it into a bag with the crown unscrewed and put some of that silca gel in with it (or rice) to draw the moisture out. I'd then be getting in touch with creation and also might see a watchmaker to have a look.  Keeping it running, or with any moisture inside will kill it and also probably the warranty :(

Edited by austinsom

fatarms

Could be some fouled up movement parts or the hands catching on each other or the crystal?

Rokerite

It has probably dried out, if water has gotten in and evaporated back out again it obviously isn't water resistant. I wouldn't be going in the pool again if I were you until you have had it tested for water resistance, If you are in the UK I think Timpson's the cobblers do it for free.

hanski
10 minutes ago, CollieWobbles said:

Update;

Well it’s working again :ohwell: . I got fed up not wearing a watch so put it back on and noticed it running. I looked again and it had stopped, this happened again a few times but it has been running fine for the last 24 hours. Maybe it was a coincidence after being in the pool for the first time with it, maybe I’ll try it in the pool again tomorrow and see what happens, what do you think?

Any chance your level of activity while on vacation is less then your typical day-to-day? Maybe you didn’t get enough of a charge on the autowind and that coincided with the swim. 

Another quick test you can try to determine if moisture got in - heat the watch with a blow dryer - once it’s very warm to the touch, apply a droplet of ice water on the crystal for 30 seconds. Remove - does the underside of the crystal condense with moisture? 

GenTLe

If water was inside then you should have had moisture on the inside of the crystal, especially in the evening. If not it is probably something else.

Rokerite
24 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

If water was inside then you should have had moisture on the inside of the crystal, especially in the evening. If not it is probably something else.

This ^^. 

CollieWobbles

Thanks for all the replies guys, I think GenTLe is on to something as no moisture on the crystal. I’ll get it checked when I get home on Saturday cheers.