Sign in to follow this  
Caliper

Can any horologist service your rep?

Caliper

I'm almost 90% ready to take the punch a buy me a nice rep, I've search and it appears that the reps of this day and age can last just as long as the originals, as long as they get serviced and oiled. Due to my geographical location, sending my rep to any of the knowned and trusted forumites over here is a no go, can I take my rep to a trained horologist to get my rep serviced and oil.

Any experience of when a rep Tag with Asian 7750 Valjoux chronograph should get serviced?

Edited by Caliper

houndoggie

yes and no.

Some watch makers don't work on reps because they don't want to, not because they can't.

Best to ask around your area.

powderfreak
I'm almost 90% ready to take the punch a buy me a nice rep, I've search and it appears that the reps of this day and age can last just as long as the originals, as long as they get serviced and oiled. Due to my geographical location, sending my rep to any of the knowned and trusted forumites over here is a no go, can I take my rep to a trained horologist to get my rep serviced and oil.

Any experience of when a rep Tag with Asian 7750 Valjoux chronograph should get serviced?

Where are you located?

Well, best would be to have it serviced right at the start, but don't worry too much: I just bought my third used 7750, the first ones weren't serviced and are still running strong (both at least a year old). We will see, how long they last... :(

sarkazz

You can always take out the movement and take only the movement for service.

PGL

Most of watch makers in my city (I could easily say all of them) don't accept replicas, at all... in fact, if you take one to them they give you a speech and all... you can stay and listen to them or get the door and try somewhere else LOL...

Caliper

Wow, quick replies, thanks a lot.

I'm in Panama, there are plenty of horologist here to choose from other than authorized dealers that I believe could do the service. But you never know how qualified they are.

hmm... I'll contact Robert to see if he can get the watch I'm looking for to get it serviced from him. :(

Edited by Caliper

Balad1
Wow, quick replies, thanks a lot.

I'm in Panama, there are plenty of horologist here to choose from other than authorized dealers that I believe could do the service. But you never know how qualified they are.

hmm... I'll contact Robert to see if he can get the watch I'm looking for to get it serviced from him. :(

Robert is a stocking dealer, best to review all his listing before sending an inquiry about availability.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=73

Caliper

I see, checking his listings now, thanks