Jock74

maintenance on a rep omega

Jock74

Hi,

I just wanted to know where you can take a replica Omega for general service or battery replacement?  Can you take it to a regular jeweler?

Also, I was reading posts about the only way to know if it is waterproof is to have it pressure tested.  Where can you have this done?

thanks

Gregor

Glaude

Most jeweler that does service are just sending it to Omega service center, so this will be a big no. Some will have a watchmaker but they will most likely refuse to service a rep.

You'll need to find a rep friendly watchmaker, there's some trusted in here, check the list.

For a battery change, I suggest you learn how to do it yourself, you'll save some money on that.

Water pressure test will also be done by a watchmaker

bobandshawn

Not sure what service you need on a quartz , but learn to  de-case the movement and you'll solve 90% of your problems. I used to simply bring in an ETA movement for service before I learned to do my own. No rep issues with just a movement!!!

B

Jock74

thanks for the advice.  I figured an official omega shop would be a no go.

I'm in Canada, West coast and didn't see any known watchmakers here.  I'll try search for one in my local city if and when I need it.

thanks.

GenTLe

If it's a quartz then a battery replacement can be done at any watch shop (also those in the malls).

BadPickle

:giggle: 

Enthusiast88
16 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

If it's a quartz then a battery replacement can be done at any watch shop (also those in the malls).

Or at home, DIY :)