Daveantonio92

Noob wanting a good yachtmaster rep, to show off to my partner

Daveantonio92

Yep, I said it. I need to show out.

My business partner just bought a yacht master II in silver and blue. For $16-18K.

Well sinful me wants to buy a rep to show him that they can look very very similar. Now i don’t like silver so can someone lead me to vendor or dealer that can sell me a good rep.

Preference would be the good version of the yachtmaster ii

gold or I will do silver if it’s significantly better quality. 

FoxWilde

Yacht master IIs....

good reps, but not the best. No regatta Chronograph function, obviously. I think only JF Factory makes them still, prices around $370. Check them out on the trusted dealer sites. 

Thommo82

Fantastic first post!!

You are doing this for all the wrong reasons.

Just read the new members stuff, NOBODY here is going to spoon feed you answers when they are all so readily available if you just put in a quarter ounce of effort.

GLWS

Oh and the YMll is probably the ugliest watch ever created 

ElvisFreak
1 hour ago, Daveantonio92 said:

My business partner just bought a yacht master II in silver and blue. For $16-18K.

Well sinful me wants to buy a rep to show him that they can look very very similar. Now i don’t like silver so can someone lead me to vendor or dealer that can sell me a good rep.

:coke:

Daveantonio92
18 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Yacht master IIs....

good reps, but not the best. No regatta Chronograph function, obviously. I think only JF Factory makes them still, prices around $370. Check them out on the trusted dealer sites. 

I checked I did not see their site do you have Link?

FoxWilde
Just now, Daveantonio92 said:

I checked I did not see their site do you have Link?

I can’t spoon feed you mate, I’m too lazy to feed myself most days. 

Go to any of the websites on the trusted dealers page. Click on the search bar and type yachtmaster II

If that doesn’t do it.....I don’t know what will. 

Best of luck impressing your partner!

Logixa

Get a new partner.

Daveantonio92
2 minutes ago, Logixa said:

Get a new partner.

Lol why would I do that

Mystery Shopper

Please email me or can I list my phone number?

Hello & welcome.

It isn't advisable to list personal information. There is a personal message (PM) system on this forum and you can use that.

Your yachtmaster 2 shouldn't be hard to find. Do spend some time reading the threads in the new members section (or my signature) to find out how orders, payments etc work.

Logixa
5 minutes ago, Daveantonio92 said:

Lol why would I do that

It's easier then finding a good rep of the yachtmaster 2 :rofl:

fatarms
5 minutes ago, Mystery Shopper said:

Hello & welcome.

It isn't advisable to list personal information. There is a personal message (PM) system on this forum and you can use that.

Agreed.  This is a train wreck.  Nice Raptor/Camaro.

RussP
1 hour ago, Logixa said:

It's easier then finding a good rep of the yachtmaster 2 :rofl:

And might still be around when your rep stops working...

CurioLeo

A bit confused - do you want a YM II rep to say, "see I can get one too" or to say "no big deal, even a rep can look as good" ? If the former, then  your thinking is all fucked up - how can you compare getting a rep to a gen YM II ? If the latter, then you are wasting your time as reps of the YM II are crap by comparison ie  nothing like the real thing and hence your thinking is futile.

cosmic2000
2 hours ago, Daveantonio92 said:

With this attitude it will all end up in a mess ... Your partner will not be impressed at all, the opposite will happen and you will loose the challenge for sure.

Why not save your money, put a bit more on top and buy a nice vintage and used gen, not a rlx, perhaps an omega. You and your partner will have a good topic to talk about. 

Edited by cosmic2000

BadApple

Not a well liked or well supported by the factories - wrong model - wrong idea. 

GingerApple

Good for you OP! Show your business partner just how silly he is paying all that money for an ugly, inaccurate stopwatch when you can buy a beautiful rep and bank $17k. Unfortunately for you, the Yacht Master II has a very complicated movement though and hasn't been repped so forget getting the YM II. Next to his, it will look shit.

If however you change your thinking and go for a watch that has been better repped, you'll have him crying into his cornflakes over his financial irresponsibility and you girlfriend will likely nosh you off in awe and respect at your genius. Well played.

Forget gold as well, the weight difference is a big giveaway so SS it is.

A nice Daytona? https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5413-pre-order-daytona-116500-904l-ss-case-black-ceramic-bezel-v2-noob-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

A submariner or seadweller:

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5570-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/6090-sea-dweller-2017-baselworld-126600-904l-ss-v3-arf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-a2824-v3.html

You could get away with a two tone weight wise I guess:

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/6274-submariner-116613-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824-v2.html

If they're not your thing, you can't really go far wrong with any ARF Rolex.

Your partner will rue the day he spent silly money on a watch. The fucker.

GenTLe
BenjaminButton

I like it. A watch prank on your business partner. Why not. You need the to be able to surprise him mid meeting with some clients as you tug back your cuff to reveal it. The Ginger will help you as he’s essentially kind and helpful and enjoys helping other men tug their cuff’s back... unlike the rest of us professional moody fuckers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadApple

Aye. Ginger is the sites best Cuff Tugger. If you have money to waste then hit any TDs site on here and buy any of them that are still available. Don’t try and resell it as nobody will buy it.  

Otherwise lose the Rolex is King attitude and buy a nice IWC, Omega, Panerai etc. 

SteveA
1 hour ago, TwoTonesBubba said:

Good for you OP! Show your business partner just how silly he is paying all that money for an ugly, inaccurate stopwatch when you can buy a beautiful rep and bank $17k. Unfortunately for you, the Yacht Master II has a very complicated movement though and hasn't been repped so forget getting the YM II. Next to his, it will look shit.

If however you change your thinking and go for a watch that has been better repped, you'll have him crying into his cornflakes over his financial irresponsibility and you girlfriend will likely nosh you off in awe and respect at your genius. Well played.

Forget gold as well, the weight difference is a big giveaway so SS it is.

A nice Daytona? https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5413-pre-order-daytona-116500-904l-ss-case-black-ceramic-bezel-v2-noob-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

A submariner or seadweller:

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5570-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135.html

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/6090-sea-dweller-2017-baselworld-126600-904l-ss-v3-arf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-a2824-v3.html

You could get away with a two tone weight wise I guess:

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/6274-submariner-116613-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824-v2.html

If they're not your thing, you can't really go far wrong with any ARF Rolex.

Your partner will rue the day he spent silly money on a watch. The fucker.

You are really warming to those two tone Rolie s arent you

GingerApple
Just now, SteveA said:

You are really warming to those two tone Rolie s arent you

:rofl:

I think my latest forum name is somehow poisoning my mind.

simey83
SteveA

Wristie needed of your first major TT purchase

Daveantonio92

Thank you for the insight men! I can afford a genuine YM II I just cant justify 20K on a watch.  The funny thing to me is if I could've found a really good replica and revealed it to him, but as you've said if it would look horrible then it's not worth the humor. I do have interest in getting a nice replica to be honest. I really like the Rolex GM master ii. 

I appreciate those who saw the humor in it and those who linked decent reps. Now I saw a few tags to "intime04" are they a good site? and how long does it take to receive product typically.. I am in NY.

I am the same guy who  will buy a ferrari cash in the next few months as I saved for that. I just am not a huge time-piece for $10,xxx+.. to be honest i misplace jewelry often.

GingerApple

Ferrari in cash bitches! That's how this dude rolls! Nice. What do you do to make so much dosh?

InTime are good generally speaking, but their keeping a low profile temporarily so don't count on then got a watch right now.

It normally takes from 10 days to a few weeks to receive reps.