E-Dub

3 PAMS won't fit 1 Budget

Which New PAM?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best new PAM and compliment to my collection

• 177M
    • 328L

E-Dub

So with all the chatter about these new PAMS, I've decided I want to add another to my collection. Funny, Panerai is what sent me searching for replicas in the first place, and I've actually only bought one, a 183 from Lawrence. Tried to buy a 177, a 005 and 318, at various times, but missed out in the past. Now these three are all available and I can only pick one (for now)

You've all seen them, but here's the links:

177M

328L

So I've got my leanings/reasons for liking each, but wondering what others see in these reps (and where they're still lacking). Please discuss their merits (of the Model in general and the Rep specifically), and vote.

Thanks,

E-Dub

BTW for reference:

In the Box: PAM183, SOHV2 (Blue), Pepsi GMTII, DayDate (Light Blue with Roman Numberals), Gen Raymond Weil Parsifal, Gen Tag Calibre 16

Incoming: Robert's DSSD (Asian clone)

houndoggie

328/312

THey all are great though.

Silverspeed

328 buy a nice aftermarket strap and you'll have a 328+318

KBH

The links aren't working for me. The 005 is the only one I know what it is.

Silverspeed
328 buy a nice aftermarket strap and you'll have a 328+318

328+312.....typing is not my best today

mike666

E-Dub I have the same dillema between 005 and 312/328 (i don't care for the 177)

005:

"best PAM 2011 1:1"

Panerai logo

6497 movement

sausage dial

polished bezel/polished case

closed back

Original C1/C3 Super Luminova

312/328:

asia 7750

sandwich dial

polished bezel/brushed case

display case back

good lume, but no mentioning of the Super Luminova

Hard decision. I prefer the ausage dial and 6487 movement, on the other hand I would also like brushed case/polished bezel and display case back.

So I was considering buying both.

Do you guys have any view on polished case and bezel vs polished bezel and brushed case?

Edited by mike666

E-Dub

Sorry that the links aren't working... tried to edit to fix and still not working so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Anyway, most of us know way more about what the PAM### entail than any person really should, so the links not working shouldn't be a major issue for this audience.

I'm actually pleased that some are recommending the 328/321. I hadn't heard any buzz about this one being a "super rep" but it sure seems damn passable to me.

Here's my thoughts:

005K. Polished case dresses up nicely with a croc strap or down nicely with vintage leather. Like the OP Logo, just adds a little to such a plain dial. Sausage dial, Meh, Lume is supposedly very good, so not a major issue. Handwind = reliable, durable.

177M. Titanium is lighter/harder. Brushed look is nice and looks great with a vintage strap. Sandwich dial is a little nicer IMO. Handwind = reliable, durable.

328L. Nice combo of brushed and polished. Case shape is different,(more boat shaped) and I think it is deeper/taller? May not "dress up" as well because of that, but the bracelet should help. A7750 Auto, which I think (correct me if I'm wrong) is possibly more problematic than hand wind? Date Function: YES, because I can't remember what day it is let alone the date and I have to sign a lot of documents daily. Also can put on a croc or a vintage and have a complete different look.

So, I think I'm leaning 328L, but anyone have any insight as to how accurate this rep is to gen? If one of these is a clear winner in that category then that's the direction I'll go.

E-Dub

houndoggie
E-Dub I have the same dillema between 005 and 312/328 (i don't care for the 177)

005:

"best PAM 2011 1:1"

Panerai logo

6497 movement

sausage dial

polished bezel/polished case

closed back

Original C1/C3 Super Luminova

312/328:

asia 7750

sandwich dial

polished bezel/brushed case

display case back

good lume, but no mentioning of the Super Luminova

Hard decision. I prefer the ausage dial and 6487 movement, on the other hand I would also like brushed case/polished bezel and display case back.

So I was considering buying both.

Do you guys have any view on polished case and bezel vs polished bezel and brushed case?

312/328 MUST have superlume. It is ridiculously good. Same as my gen PO.

houndoggie
Sorry that the links aren't working... tried to edit to fix and still not working so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Anyway, most of us know way more about what the PAM### entail than any person really should, so the links not working shouldn't be a major issue for this audience.

I'm actually pleased that some are recommending the 328/321. I hadn't heard any buzz about this one being a "super rep" but it sure seems damn passable to me.

Here's my thoughts:

005K. Polished case dresses up nicely with a croc strap or down nicely with vintage leather. Like the OP Logo, just adds a little to such a plain dial. Sausage dial, Meh, Lume is supposedly very good, so not a major issue. Handwind = reliable, durable.

177M. Titanium is lighter/harder. Brushed look is nice and looks great with a vintage strap. Sandwich dial is a little nicer IMO. Handwind = reliable, durable.

328L. Nice combo of brushed and polished. Case shape is different,(more boat shaped) and I think it is deeper/taller? May not "dress up" as well because of that, but the bracelet should help. A7750 Auto, which I think (correct me if I'm wrong) is possibly more problematic than hand wind? Date Function: YES, because I can't remember what day it is let alone the date and I have to sign a lot of documents daily. Also can put on a croc or a vintage and have a complete different look.

So, I think I'm leaning 328L, but anyone have any insight as to how accurate this rep is to gen? If one of these is a clear winner in that category then that's the direction I'll go.

E-Dub

312 328 are just landing on wrists, so it's still earlier. I just got mine today and it is definitely super rep quality. 312 is the dressiest watch of the bunch, and if u put it on real croc ( the watch boys have the best value) it looks super classy. Bracelet is considered "sport" look.

kolchak

Same dilema deciding between 005 & 177. Had Robert's 1st 328 offering but sold it because I never really felt it.

Is the 328L a major improvement? Does anyone have working link to the listing? THNX

houndoggie
Same dilema deciding between 005 & 177. Had Robert's 1st 328 offering but sold it because I never really felt it.

Is the 328L a major improvement? Does anyone have working link to the listing? THNX

The new ones are worlds better.

kolchak

The new ones are worlds better.

Thanks HD - Are these the same as roberts 2nd 328 offering or a different watch / source?

greg_r

They're all damned good. You won't go wrong with any of 'em, frankly.

Personally I'd go for the 177 (which is what I did... :D )

gtwc

I have 5 Pams (latest a 177L - which really is super).

Check out the 322.................next on my wish-list.

powderfreak

The answer is: Omega, Breitling, Omega, Breitling, Omega, Breitling.....

Silar

I want have a look at it but the links are broken.

collector26

since the links don't work I thought I would post my 177M and 312. Don't have the 005..... Yet :lol:

03029305.jpg

9f16cfe2.jpg

d5952c63.jpg

Irishcain

005 without doubt

Scompx1

Go for the 005K :D

1littlegreen

328....like everyone says, it's a 2in1

TheTinMan

I voted for the 005K simply because of the sausage dial and logo.

I do like the polished bezel/brushed case combo though. I also like the bracelet, not seen enough on PAMs if you ask me. As mentioned, you do get two in one on the 328 with a simple strap change. Can I change my vote?

grouse130

Two in one on the 328.

spboudart

177, simple, light, beautiful

Noodle_oh

177M. Great dial. Nice storage case, BTW

E-Dub

Hey guys, thanks for the recent interest. For the record, back in 2011 when I made this post, I first bought the 312, then months later, the 177. I've stayed away from the 005, because my 390 is so damn good, and is my favorite behind my 292.

Anywho, back to more recent discussions. :giggle: