Chris2107

PAM for smaller wrists?

Chris2107

I’m hunting for a Panerai with a case size between 38-40mm but with a rubber strap and it’s like banging my head against a wall! Dose anyone know of a model that will fit into my requirements?

thanks 

chris

BadApple

PAM1048 is 40mm - good luck with finding a rep for that and and PAM less than 42mm.

Wrong brand for the dainty wristed. 

Try here for 40mm Homage - http://www.militarytimewatch.com/new/product-list.php?catlv2_id=10

GenTLe

Not sure you can go below 40 or 42mm with Pam reps...

The rubber straps aren't a big problem, you can get them quite cheap and branded from Ali (see: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/22mm-24mm-26mm-Red-Blue-Black-Orange-white-Watchband-Silicone-Rubber-Watch-band-for-Panerai-strap/32968685518.html ). Consider that the PAMs I'm reporting here below will need a 22mm strap.

Good 40mm are these ones:

http://www.trb88.club/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=048&product_id=1736

http://www.trb88.club/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=049&product_id=2345

CurioLeo

There are a  couple of 38mm  Due models but I don't know of they have been repped ? The gen is also  just under 11mm so quite good for smaller wrists.

rotorheadcase

How small is your wrist?  My wrist is only 7" and I have a 40mm PAM049 but could easily go up to a 44mm I think without it looking too big. I'm currently hunting for a dealer or member who has one of the 42mm submersibles. but all the TD's I've tried so far say it's unavaliable. Pretty sure none of the 40mm are repped any more.

Neil

mysterio
5 hours ago, rotorheadcase said:

How small is your wrist?  My wrist is only 7" and I have a 40mm PAM049 but could easily go up to a 44mm I think without it looking too big. I'm currently hunting for a dealer or member who has one of the 42mm submersibles. but all the TD's I've tried so far say it's unavaliable. Pretty sure none of the 40mm are repped any more.

Neil

I have smaller wrists and wear up to 47mm. I'm crazy like that. :lol:

rotorheadcase
20 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I have smaller wrists and wear up to 47mm. I'm crazy like that. :lol:

Any pics? I'm considering one of the newer 47mm subs but don't want to come off looking like a clown. 

mysterio
7 hours ago, rotorheadcase said:

Any pics? I'm considering one of the newer 47mm subs but don't want to come off looking like a clown. 

Recent clownish wristshots.  :lol:

2e5qtj5.jpg

4taopd.jpg

SCShrek

Damn, that bronzo is huge. I have one coming but I also have a 8.5 inch wrist so I should be good. 

Psssniper
15 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Damn, that bronzo is huge. I have one coming but I also have a 8.5 inch wrist so I should be good. 

You'll be fine, as noted in the past I have 200-225mm wrist and they look great. I'd throw up some pics but Picrme still isn't cooperating

SCShrek
22 minutes ago, Psssniper said:

You'll be fine, as noted in the past I have 200-225mm wrist and they look great. I'd throw up some pics but Picrme still isn't cooperating

The mod on RWI said they were having to migrate to a new DB and then upgrade the software so it's just a matter of time before Dr3m3l gets it straight.

T3Steve

I wear the 382 Bronzo on my 6.3  inch wrist no problem. My wrist is wider than the watch and looks great. 

Measure the width of your wrist,that’s the more important dimension. 

You wear a larger size Panerai than other brands. 

rotorheadcase
8 hours ago, mysterio said:

Recent clownish wristshots.  :lol:

2e5qtj5.jpg

4taopd.jpg

Fark me! Those are big watches. That said, they don't look ridiculous...just big, especially the bronzo. 

6 hours ago, T3Steve said:

I wear the 382 Bronzo on my 6.3  inch wrist no problem. My wrist is wider than the watch and looks great. 

Measure the width of your wrist,that’s the more important dimension. 

You wear a larger size Panerai than other brands. 

I'm 60mm across the width of my wrist. 

Edited by rotorheadcase

Mystery Shopper

Pam 168 is 40mm

PA030013.jpg

mysterio
12 hours ago, rotorheadcase said:

Fark me! Those are big watches. That said, they don't look ridiculous...just big, especially the bronzo.

Yes, definitely. But Panerai aren't meant to be stealthy, they really are designed to wear big on the wrist, most especially the submersibles.

BenjaminButton

Just make sure you accessorise to the max with lots of butch man beads and other delightful dingle dangles and you’re sure to avoid looking like a massive cock.

b2935e6e5647631057e7a81f25eedeb2.jpg

rotorheadcase
8 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Just make sure you accessorise to the max with lots of butch man beads and other delightful dingle dangles and you’re sure to avoid looking like a massive cock. emoji6.png

b2935e6e5647631057e7a81f25eedeb2.jpg

Ideas to accessorize my man bun... 

Edited by rotorheadcase

BenjaminButton

Way too much time on my hands... clearly!!

5c0c818b9149540abbbc7db911001a53.jpg

Alternatively a serious response is the Pam 512. 42mm and pretty slim. Lovely watch.

de8095e846094366d7a2a76d59d27392.jpg

hanski

I think a PAM 337 wears really well on a smaller wrist. Same with a 755, but I personally prefer the 337. 

17-CAB096-D09-F-4-C51-BB3-A-0112-F9-EC2-

A8-A948-F1-DA47-46-C0-8-A7-E-F0272452883

VMSG

I think that the main problem with small wrist is actually the thickness of PAM. I have a 6" wrist and every PAM I've tried looks like a box sitting on my wrist. There are thin PAMs, however, AFAIK there are no thin reps (yet?).

BenjaminButton

There is a lovely 42mm small, rose gold 513 in the M2M right now.

But then I see the OP hasn’t signed in since the 23rd of last month so it’s all rather fecking pointless responding or asking.

T3Steve
On 04/07/2019 at 16:37, rotorheadcase said:

I'm 60mm across the width of my wrist. 

the 1950 case is 56.8mm so you should be good.

mysterio
59 minutes ago, T3Steve said:

the 1950 case is 56.8mm so you should be good.

Yes wrist size alone. The geometry of the wrist also factors in as some wrists are flatter while others are rounder. 

dave9522

The cushion case wears smaller than other case styles IMO. I have a flat 6.5" wrist and the 42mm PAMs wear perfectly, 44mm are only a touch big unless a chrono. I can't image rocking a 47mm though, regrettably.

NFleischer

48351411367_8db3244d9a_b_d.jpg

This 40mm. PAM chrono is 12 years old and still working.  Not a super rep, but on leather strap is not that big and heavy.

Also have a Gen 050, I have to laugh when they say 'girlie' watch.  Wears a lot bigger than the Sub for example and is thicker. On the bracelet also quite heavy.

DSC00244.jpg