Jump to content
brang1

Rep Mk Tag Aquaracer to Gen Comparison

Recommended Posts

brang1

Have had this replica Tag Aquaracer for a little while now, so good in fact was this rep, it encouraged me to purchase a gen.

So this is just a little comparison piece to compare the two. It really  has me questioning why i bought a Gen, the 2 watches are so close, i had trouble photographing them, mixing them up all the time. It was only that the times were different that enabled me to tell them apart

Dimension wise, again so close it is nothing separating the 2.

Bezel size   Gen: 44.1  Rep: 44.2 

Thickness: Gen: 12.72  Rep: 13.00

With Crown:  Gen: 48.52  Rep: 48.52

Lug to Lug:  Gen: 50   Rep: 50

The AR on both are extremely good, i am no expert, but they seem exactly the same.

The rep has a 2824-2 eta clone, that starts up with a swirl, as does the gen 

the colour on the bezels and dials are to my eyes exactly the same, others may pic a difference, i could not 

Bezel clicks and turns exactly the same, solid and with no play. Crown winds out and in perfectly on both.

b46IRCP.jpgGEN ON THE LEFT

pXLKvpo.jpgAGAIN, GEN ON THE LEFT, THE ENGRAVING/STAMPING ON THE GEN IS MAYBE A LITTLE CRISPER

Wmc1lQ2.jpgAGAIN, GEN ON LEFT, SO CLOSE

DFZ315E.jpg        GEN

g1izSbk.jpg    REP

So, there you have it, my probably useless summary of the two watches, but if you want to save a shitload of money, do not hesitate to pick up one of these MK reps, they really are a beautiful thing, and NO ONE is ever going to pick it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShovelnTC

Mate I was actually looking at the black version this morning as the local Wallace and Bishop have them on special so was quite tempted but even before seeing your comparison I just couldn't seem to justify the spend when I knew the Reps are so good.

I've always been a fan of Tag and have had an earlier version Rep but may go for one of these later styles.

Thanks for the comparison and enjoy yours.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1
5 minutes ago, ShovelnTC said:

Mate I was actually looking at the black version this morning as the local Wallace and Bishop have them on special so was quite tempted but even before seeing your comparison I just couldn't seem to justify the spend when I knew the Reps are so good.

I've always been a fan of Tag and have had an earlier version Rep but may go for one of these later styles.

Thanks for the comparison and enjoy yours.

Cheers,

Thank you mate, grab one, rep or gen, you are going to love either one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lagger

I had one, the only tell, and it's quite unforgivable given how good it is,  the rep 6,9, and 12 markers the line across is in the middle,  in the gen it's at the 2/3ds.

 

I always expected a mk2 dial but it never came

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GulfGT40

Thanks for taking the time to do that and congrats on your gen purchase. I've a couple of Aquaracers already but this particular model is next on my list ( been going a bit silly on pams lately) I've found a Hulk green one but after a bit of research looks like it's maybe fantasy, all I can find is olive green models in gen. Still undecided, it looks so good in green to me I may live with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the_frenchman

Its a shame they dont make this on a 41mm version like the gen. The perfect size of this watch IMHO

Great comparison , thanks for sharing ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxindebox

Great review mate :thumbsup2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1

Cheers chaps, I am not the greatest of reviewers, gotta be said as I still know fek all about the technical side of watches, I just know what I like. As far as seconds lost per day etc it never really bothers me, but this is a great watch 

1 hour ago, Lagger said:

I had one, the only tell, and it's quite unforgivable given how good it is,  the rep 6,9, and 12 markers the line across is in the middle,  in the gen it's at the 2/3ds.

 

I always expected a mk2 dial but it never came

That’s about it I think , took my sons excellent eyes to pick up on that one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theviking

This is god's work @brang1 see you in Valhalla..

Or the next g2g idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1
3 minutes ago, Theviking said:

This is god's work @brang1 see you in Valhalla..

Or the next g2g idk

Thanks mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watch_Fox

Thank you for posting this great comparison.  Appreciate the opportunity  to see the Gen and Rep together.  I would be happy with either!

The horizontal lines on the dial are the only difference I can see.  The gen appears to have squared-off corners while the rep has more triangular shaped lines.  Or maybe it is an optical illusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1
1 hour ago, Watch_Fox said:

Thank you for posting this great comparison.  Appreciate the opportunity  to see the Gen and Rep together.  I would be happy with either!

The horizontal lines on the dial are the only difference I can see.  The gen appears to have squared-off corners while the rep has more triangular shaped lines.  Or maybe it is an optical illusion. 

you may be rightl,  cant say either way but thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FoxWilde

Yessss thanks for the review mate!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1
3 minutes ago, FoxWilde said:

Yessss thanks for the review mate!!!

no thank you mate, great suggestion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stfrance
Posted (edited)

Yo.. @brang1.. Finally, you did a great review..:Applause:

Your comparison both may cause others pull their trigger..

This is one of the things that members wanna know about..

Cheers~!!!

Edited by stfrance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheFreckledTampon

Great review fucker!

I love a bit of Gen v Rep.

There are a few differences between then for sure, but imo, they don't make either watch better or worse. This review might make me grab one :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1
9 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Great review fucker!

I love a bit of Gen v Rep.

There are a few differences between then for sure, but imo, they don't make either watch better or worse. This review might make me grab one :facepalm:

Thank you Turdface, coming from a DickSmack like you, that is praise indeed 

16 minutes ago, stfrance said:

Yo.. @brang1.. Finally, you did a great review..:Applause:

Your comparison both may cause others pull their trigger..

This is one of the things that members wanna know about..

Cheers~!!!

don't know about great mate, but i tried. Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NFleischer
Posted (edited)

Very nice comparison, thank you. The Tag reps have always been among the best. The ones with SW movement at about $450 are scary close to gen, same for big date quartz chrono.

https://puretimewatch.io/featured-products/aquaracer-calibre-5-ss-43mm-kor-1-1-best-edition-blue-ceramic-bezel-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sw200.html

Edited by NFleischer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1
6 minutes ago, NFleischer said:

Very nice comparison, thank you. The Tag reps have always been among the best. The ones with SW movement at about $450 are scary close to gen, same for big date quartz chrono.

https://puretimewatch.io/featured-products/aquaracer-calibre-5-ss-43mm-kor-1-1-best-edition-blue-ceramic-bezel-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sw200.html

Sellita Caliber SW200 ! too  Fantastic value  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarsSuck
Sellita Caliber SW200 ! too  Fantastic value  
Yeah even a microbrand with these movements would run twice this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stfrance
3 hours ago, brang1 said:

don't know about great mate

It is great.. See how many members post below on your thread.. 

It means your review draws their attention.. mate..:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brang1
9 hours ago, stfrance said:

It is great.. See how many members post below on your thread.. 

It means your review draws their attention.. mate..:D

well, its a watch worthy of a topic i guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×