Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

DownfromtheGLENN's Jackson homage: timing and simple repair...

MikeMcNair

So glen sent me this fine piece to time appropriately for him (as I did my dssd, which LOSES 1 sec every 27 days!!)

I gladly obliged. I also noticed some scratches and thing like that to fix and took care of them.

Glenn, this thread is to keep you up to speed on what I am doing and when.

The watch was losing 5 min a day, in the last 24 hrs we lost 2:24 sec, so we are close!!!

Also, here are some pix of your bracelet. I have nicks and marks, so I had no choice (OCD) but to fix them....

Notice all the marks on the bracelet...

4e160c66.jpg

All gone :lol:

6cc914bb.jpg

a7ee131b.jpg

I also repolished the bezel, and rebrushed the case to ensure a uniform finish, I hope you don't mind :thumbsup:

5edc1818.jpg

Oh yeah, did the back too, bit will be doing it again so she's proper when you get her back (as I will have the back off a few more times before then)

f8b8a0c5.jpg

More updates to come.....

KeNnY

I I need to get hold of buffing machine also ! Good work mate ! :) BTW I don' know if you will be able to moderate the time on that Seagull. I had Big Pilot homage, what when was on the wrist it was holding awesome time, and when I put it onto desk, it was loosing 5 minutes per day.. But for that DSSD I is awesome how you managed it !!

Waiting for relume job on this homage ! :)

Again Great work on the refinish ! :)

downfromtheglen

Thanks, Mike, for putting so much effort into this. Much appreciated. I love this watch and I'm looking forward to getting it back on my wrist.

chum_2000_uk
I also repolished the bezel, and rebrushed the case to ensure a uniform finish, I hope you don't mind :P

Mike, great work. One question, when you repolished the bezel, what did you use, and are there any swirly marks left after polishing? Or is it like new again?

Thanks

HWG

If I know Mike, there are no swirls in the finish. If there were, he would be polishing until they were gone. I will look as if no one ever wore it when he is done.

MikeMcNair

I'm a little anal when it comes to these things, and ken, I have her within 10 seconds withing 24 hrs as of today ;)

Tomorrow, she should be withing 1-2 seconds per 24 hrs. B)

As for the finish, I so a lot by hand, a little with a dremel, and use very exclusive materials.

Keep in mind, I detail cars worth 1 mil-22mil (yes, $22,000,000.00 dollars)

Do I have a few tricks up my sleeve to make things look perfect fast.

I will give all one tip: buy "speedy all metal polish", it kills nuvite etc, trust me!

and Dave I'd right, when glen's watch returns in the next few days he will think it's brand new :)

chum_2000_uk
Keep in mind, I detail cars worth 1 mil-22mil (yes, $22,000,000.00 dollars)

Do I have a few tricks up my sleeve to make things look perfect fast.

What cars do you detail that are worth 22 big ones!?

MikeMcNair

Simeonefoundation.org

The "winners circle", the red one, won the Mille miglia back in (I think) 1936, Fred is an avid collector, so he started a museum to hold his pieces, all 200 of them lol.

Great place tho, if you ever have a chance, it's in Philly, and well worth seeing if yer a car guy