stolikat

Whats new? Been away from the hobby for years..

stolikat

I am an old timer on these watch fora. Been on all of them all the way back to the early days of the rep forums. The last time I was here was a coincidence and happened to see that an old friend (TTK) was really sick. I was thankful that I got to have a final chat with him before he passed. Now I come back to see that greg_r has passed.  Very sad news indeed. I came over here from the very start and was an early member. The place was pretty quit in those early days. May he rest in peace. 

So what is the current state of the hobby? Lots new amazing reps I bet? Have those pesky smart watches been efing things up? Who are the top factories and dealers these days? Is noob still around? I am so out of date. :)

stolikat

Guess there  are no old friends left.  Maybe they are all dead.

Edited by stolikat

BadApple

I'm dead but only from the neck up. 

Foxindebox

Welcome back, fortunately there are still a few of the old faces about. Unfortunately there is also a new generation of fuckwits to endure :D

BadPickle

You got early parole then? 

3 hours ago, stolikat said:

I am an old timer on these watch fora. Been on all of them all the way back to the early days of the rep forums. The last time I was here was a coincidence and happened to see that an old friend (TTK) was really sick. I was thankful that I got to have a final chat with him before he passed. Now I come back to see that greg_r has passed.  Very sad news indeed. I came over here from the very start and was an early member. The place was pretty quit in those early days. May he rest in peace. 

So what is the current state of the hobby? Lots new amazing reps I bet? Have those pesky smart watches been efing things up? Who are the top factories and dealers these days? Is noob still around? I am so out of date. :)

deju

We finally have 904l steel and we’ve even have a working Daytona movement. 

Alas we have lost many a friend but gained some new fuckers on our journey. 

I’m not as original as yourself but the forum moral is very much the same! 

fatarms

Hey, welcome back Stoli.  Yeah, Noob is still around, but things seem to have been pretty hectic over in China the last week or so.  Seems like raids are slightly more common now.  There's a thread saying that some people are getting radio silence from a few of the dealers, may be coincidental, but who knows in this hobby.  Good to see you around again :)

Rokerite
13 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

You got early parole then

Caught smuggling counterfeit watches? :D

GingerApple
2 hours ago, Foxindebox said:

Welcome back, fortunately there are still a few of the old faces about. Unfortunately there is also a new generation of fuckwits to endure :D

Nonsense, all of us noobs are total legends - like me!

Welcome back OP, the quality of some of the latest reps are amazing, but I think you'll notice the price has gone up a lot!

NFleischer

Welcome back, still some us around from early days. As you see they did away with member numbers .

Noob , JF ,and BP  still going strong despite periodic raids. ARF -I think part of JF- makes very good Rolex reps with 904 SS.

Prices are quite high and no more Gen ETA movements.

Rokerite
4 minutes ago, NFleischer said:

Welcome back, still some us around from early days. As you see they did away with member numbers .

Noob , JF ,and BP  still going strong despite periodic raids. ARF -I think part of JF- makes very good Rolex reps with 904 SS.

Prices are quite high and no more Gen ETA movements.

^^^^Precise summary of the state of the game now.

Jibuti
3 hours ago, stolikat said:

Guess there  are no old friends left.  Maybe they are all dead.

not yet, Stoli(sadly...)... and welcome back....

Foxindebox
29 minutes ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

:thumbsup2:

BenjaminButton
Welcome back OP, the quality of some of the latest reps are amazing, but I think you'll notice the price has gone up a lot!

@stolikat there’s no one with TTK’s harsh intelligence to weigh in and keep halfwits like TFT and self inflated snowflakes like me in line so it’s all gone to shit. What have watches got to do with any of this?

onzenuub

Fucker

Tits McGee

I remember you. Wanna pull my finger? 

:kinkthegaydancer:

BenjaminButton

Just having a read of ‘We’re #1, Ten Depressing Ways America Is Exceptional’ ...

Glaude

I heard they let everyone be on staff theses days ... :Whistle:

Mystery Shopper

Welcome back.

TTK was an interesting character. He had his forum persona where he would be a tough guy, but what most wouldn't realise, he was quick to have a whine to staff when he didn't get his way. Many have romanticised that Neil & Gary would be sharing a drink in the great bar of the afterlife, but I suspect Gary would duck for cover if he saw Neil coming.

NFleischer

BTW a lot of new factories popping up.

Must be like 5-6 very good Rolex Subs now with 904 SS. One stands out IMO , GF makes very good Breitling reps. H Factory is gone, they made some very good reps too.

stolikat

Hey great to see some familiar names. Looks like I got some reading to do. Thanks for the links Onzey.  TTK was a great guy. We had some crazy scraps back on repgeek when Dave123 was still around until Dave and I got into it with a certain mod over there and got banned. Oh I forgot the banned Neil too! :D

But we had lots of fun. Look forward to posting more and getting caught up.

trailboss99
On 03/08/2019 at 22:26, stolikat said:

Guess there  are no old friends left.

I'm still here. Welcome back! 

stolikat
14 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

I'm still here. Welcome back! 

Glad to see you are still around. Been diving back into this hobby and am trying to justify taking the damn  smart watch off. :)

Jimmyrich1
29 minutes ago, stolikat said:

trying to justify taking the damn  smart watch off. :)

This ! :lol:

Jibuti
4 hours ago, stolikat said:

Glad to see you are still around. Been diving back into this hobby and am trying to justify taking the damn  smart watch off. :)

Actualy it is not that smart at all ;)