Jump to content
SCShrek

Any sites sell straps for larger wrists?

Recommended Posts

SCShrek

I have to replace the straps on any watch I buy. One, they tend to be extremely cheap looking and two, at best, it'll go on using the last hole. There's nothing more frustrating than waiting forever to get a watch and then you cant even wear it because it will not fit around your wrist. I have gone to JohnG for a strap or two but are the guys whose wrists size are bigger than 200mm screwed when it comes to wanting something more factory looking?

Currently, I have a Carrera that came on a bracelet but I was looking for the tan, perforated suede leather band with the deployment as some come from the factory. As far as I can tell, it doesnt exist over 195mm and I dont know of a custom strap maker that could duplicate it. Maybe we are just screwed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadApple

Screwed mate - I have the very same problem with condoms. 

I saw this and immediately thought of Nero but see you're wanting something more mainstream - Googling XL watchstraps brings up a plethora and even myriad of sellers of the common or garden well endowed for length straps EG: 

https://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s50h19-XL-22mm-PADDED.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheGingerFerret

Is the strap the problem or the hole location? If the latter, just get a leather hole punch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek

 

1 hour ago, Badapple said:

I saw this and immediately thought of Nero but see you're wanting something more mainstream - Googling XL watchstraps brings up a plethora and even myriad of sellers of the common or garden well endowed for length straps EG: 

https://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s50h19-XL-22mm-PADDED.html

Fuck me...it'll take forever to look through all though straps. Thanks for the find. I DID Google it but maybe the inclusion of Carrera limited some sites. Nero is my backup plan or another vendor on ETSY who makes really nice straps but yes, I would looking for the factory strap. Thanks for the link.

1 hour ago, Badapple said:

Screwed mate - I have the very same problem with condoms. 

200.gif

Send them to Ginger tho....

1 hour ago, TheFreckledTampon said:

Is the strap the problem or the hole location? If the latter, just get a leather hole punch.

Nah, it's the strap...just too short. A strap that doesnt have its ass hanging out the buckle needs to be at least 210mm and preferable 215mm for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FudgyDocker
7 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

Nah, it's the strap...just too short. A strap that doesnt have its ass hanging out the buckle needs to be at least 210mm and preferable 215mm for me.

A Nero 80/130 is about $65. Worth every bloody penny if you ask me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
8 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

A Nero 80/130 is about $65. Worth every bloody penny if you ask me!

He recommended a 90/145 for the PAM382 strap I ordered so Nero's an option but I was looking for something more factory...perforated mainly as sold on their Carrera's. I did not ask if he could put perforations in his bands. I imagine he would so I may end up going back to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadApple
25 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

 

Fuck me...it'll take forever to look through all though straps. Thanks for the find. I DID Google it but maybe the inclusion of Carrera limited some sites. Nero is my backup plan or another vendor on ETSY who makes really nice straps but yes, I would looking for the factory strap. Thanks for the link.

200.gif

Send them to Ginger tho....

 

y476-mg-9601.jpg
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splke

Chris ward do xl straps and have regular sales their Bader deployment is awesome. L in our td list some of the recommended strap dudes do xl straps from the big manufacturers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonyh7

Hirsch do straps in a variety of lengths - m, l, xl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junior88

You should PM @Piloten. He has the same problem you do.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
23 minutes ago, SilverBack said:

Thanks! Gunny does have nice stuff but you do pay for it. If the Carrera I was going to put this on was a nice rep, I'd go for it but I cant have the strap costing more than the watch. LOL

I went with this custom strap from a Vietnamese lady I have used several times. It's not factory but it will be close since I specified a squared end with no buckle holes. The problem is the 2-3 month wait...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541363401/handmade-leather-watch-strap-leather?ref=hp_rv-2&pro=1&frs=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jibuti
12 minutes ago, SCShrek said:


:redcard:

 

was meant to Badapple... :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
14 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

was meant to Badapple... :)

 

I know but I think you still deserve a red card for that one. :D

Great find on Amazon tho....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jibuti
11 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

I know but I think you still deserve a red card for that one. :D

well... he started it...I only finished.....

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BADBILLY

wz14nPu.jpgI have enjoyed much success from Hoai at Lotussilk. as above. This is genuine Alligator and is fabulous. 

Especially with genuine Alligator or Crocodile Staps. I have an 8 3/4" wrist so I usually need the XL straps

I haven't ever had to wait more than one month, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
22 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

well... he started it...I only finished.....

:D

Goooodddd point Jubuti!

18 minutes ago, BADBILLY said:

wz14nPu.jpgI have enjoyed much success from Hoai at Lotussilk. as above. This is genuine Alligator and is fabulous. 

Especially with genuine Alligator or Crocodile Staps. I have an 8 3/4" wrist so I usually need the XL straps

I haven't ever had to wait more than one month, though.

My last one from her was ostrich. I think that took a bit of time....or the ship sunk on its way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piloten

Let me know if you need some help. I have a handful of guys whose work I trust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr_B
On 06/08/2019 at 17:01, Piloten said:

Let me know if you need some help. I have a handful of guys whose work I trust

Care to share them with us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itgoes211

Same prob here - 8”+ wrist.  Gunny has great bands, but expensive at $100+. They also offer by watch brand and offer styles to match different end-link types. But I get most of mine on amazon by searching  with “XL ...” or “long...”.  Takes a while to sort through to find nicer ones, but worth it for $20-50.  Deployant buckles help as well since I can lock it to the last hole and not worry about the tail coming out. 

But frankly, my default has been Marine Nationale style bands, which can fit even a 9-10” wrist easily.  They are by far the most comfortable ever!  And currently still unique enough to get away with on a high-end watch even in professional setting. I’ve had more comments/compliments on it at the office than any other watch or band. Plus you can set it up so the buckle doesn’t interfere with desk or keyboard.   Search “Erika’s Originals” or “Marine Nationale”. Amazon even has a few, which are ~$25-40. 

I’ve resorted to making my own leather and Marine Nationale style bands, but nothing I’d wear to the office yet.  And it’s hard to find the hardware for the MN-style bands.  

Good luck - is like to hear if you end up finding anything else out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
encore1988

thanks for all the information. this was very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theduke.williams

I have a similar problem, my wrists are nearly 8 inch, and I find all too often watches arrive that barely fit me at all.

I prefer bracelets to leather / resin / rubber, and the site I use for good quality straps is WatchGecko;

https://www.watchgecko.com/style/metal-mesh

They very often have sales, and you can pick up good quality straps for quite reasonable prices, you can also specify extra long on most of their stock.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RussP

I've used Michael (owner of the EBay store) without any glitch whatsoever.

He can 'customise' a strap without paying too much for the custom work.

Here's the EBay store to help anybody else who may be interested: https://www.ebay.com/sch/vgiwatchstrap/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×