Sign in to follow this  
mtt.tr

Alex albertino

mtt.tr

has anyone heard of this watch make (alex albertino) its fully automatic and looks a lot like a omega speedmaster broad arrow. Im bidding on it on ebay im the only person so far and it has only reached £0.01 so i thought considering they have a buy it now one for £200 it cant be that much of a mistake but does anyone know what the movement is like

Brand Alex Albertino

Series Speed Master

Designed For Man

Movement Type Automatic

Crystal Hardlex Crystal

Case Material Stainless Steel

Case Width Bezel diameter: 42 mm

Dial Color Black with Lumibrite hands

Band Material Solid Stainless Steel

Water Resistance 30M

Can anyone explain to me what the Hardlex crystal is for.

B180_1.JPG

B180_2.JPG

What do you lot think?

Edited by mtt.tr

JohnG

Don't trust the BIN price - I think some sellers use that to trick people into thinking an item is worth more than it is...

This has correct subdial spacing so it is not an A7750, must be 21J movement... it would probably be worth up to $100 but not much more...

If you can get it for $50 or less, go for it. Also, check shipping, sometimes they hose you there. And check his feedback for other sales of the same watch, if he has sold others you can see what they are selling for...

mtt.tr
Don't trust the BIN price - I think some sellers use that to trick people into thinking an item is worth more than it is...

This has correct subdial spacing so it is not an A7750, must be 21J movement... it would probably be worth up to $100 but not much more...

If you can get it for $50 or less, go for it. Also, check shipping, sometimes they hose you there. And check his feedback for other sales of the same watch, if he has sold others you can see what they are selling for...

Thanks for the rather quick reply and postage is £15 but from what you have read would you say it seems like a good watch.

Also depending on how it goes it may be dismantled and if i can get a speedmaster face i will put it in

greg_r

It's probably not going to be worth the effort to swap the dial. As John says, it's likely to be a 21j movement - which means faux chronos. You could probably pick up a rep of similar specification with an Omega dial for well under $100

I'd steer well clear personally...

mtt.tr

i take it a 21j is bad

Edited by mtt.tr

mtt.tr

just emailed the guy its not chrono as you all knew be wise lie you are but as its only £15.01 im going to buy it as i want an automatic cheap watch

greg_r
i take it a 21j is bad

The '21j' movements (that description covers several different chinese movements) are inexpensive but good. They don't support chrono functions, however.

mtt.tr

ahh i missed it someone beat me by 20p as a went to the toilet