Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

What is diff in NATO and ZULU straps?

edwelly

Hello all. I am looking at getting a couple nato/zulu straps for my new Seiko but when looking I am seeing the shorter 3 ring called both nato and zulu and the longer 5 ring called the same as well. Which is which? And anyone in the USA I can order from?

I really prefer the shorter 3 ring if possible since I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the longer one :Whew:

Looking for navy w/ red, navy w/ yellow and navy w/ silver

Thanks - Erik

powderfreak

Hm, I would like to help, but I don't really understand what the difference with those rings is. Do you have a picture?

The only difference I know is that Nato is the general term for those straps, whilst Zulu is another name given by a company/producer called Matrac. They are usually thicker and should be better quality.

I personally go with the cheaper, thin "nato" straps that are sold on ebay. For me, they are good enough, nice to wear and I even have a watch where I wouldn't be able to use a thicker strap.

Apart from that you could only try to find out whether you get one with decent hole or not. I tried to make a picture, the bond strap has been worn several times and the holes still look very clean, those on the almost unworn grey/black look frayed...

imag0311n.jpg

That bond strap is in fact the best I have had so far, I can try to find the ebay shop, if you want. I think it came from the UK and I paid about 15USD shipped to Germany, maybe less.

Member X

I think, technically speaking, the Nato should be called a G10, IIRC from what I've read on RWG2! :Whew: