Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

Omega Ploprof Relume and Repair - Part 1

KeNnY

Hi all,

so here is the thing. I have an V1 ploprof, that have delaminating crystal. This repair will be done in part 2 of this topic (maybe next month) when I will get spare crystal, and I will also relume the bezel insert. In this first tutorial, I have repaired the date function and relumed hands + dial, + ONE EXTRA mod, and I wonder who will find out what it was :popcorn: (it is noticeable in picture). The problem with date function was, that about 1 moth ago, I have dropped my Ploprof on laminate floor, because of the faulty springbar. Back then everything was thank god ok ! But after 1 month I have noticed last week, that my date function is faulty. The date layer was moving freely with the movement of my wrist. SO I wanted to repair it in this weekend and thank god I have made it ! ;) I also told my self, I will relume the hands and dial, in the process (If I will have them already off). I have picked up the Aqua color of the lume, because me thinks it is more brighter and also it last longer.

s6301997.jpg

s6301998t.jpg

s6302000.jpg

s6302001.jpg

s6302002.jpg

And I have found an problem. When removing the dial from the movement, the thing has fallen from it, and it was date wheel sticker. So YEA ! only the date wheel sticker has unglued :rofl: so no damage to movement, I was happy. So I glued it back to its place.

s6302003i.jpg

s6302004z.jpg

s6302005.jpg

s6302007.jpg

s6302008.jpg

s6302010.jpg

s6302011r.jpg

s6302013.jpg

s6302015a.jpg

s6302017q.jpg

s6302018.jpg

s6302019.jpg

s6302021.jpg

s6302022.jpg

s6302026.jpg

s6302027.jpg

And watch finally assembled back on its mesh ! ;)

s6302029v.jpg

And finally video before and after

Thank you for watching ! :)

powderfreak

I haven't got much to say, maybe only... ;):popcorn: Great!

KeNnY
I haven't got much to say, maybe only... :rofl::popcorn: Great!

heeh thank you Powder ! ;) what was really interesting that dial was holding not on the movement, but on the movement holder. I there was no need to disassemble the movement holder

amuthon

Nice work again Ken,

you changed the minute hand as well. :popcorn:

KeNnY
Nice work again Ken,

you changed the minute hand as well. :popcorn:

Thank you ;)

hehe you won ! :rofl: when I will replace the crystal, will do the minute hand again, must get a bit lighter paint, more nice deep orange, instead red orange

powderfreak
I haven't got much to say, maybe only... :Jumpy:;) Great!

heeh thank you Powder ! :rofl: what was really interesting that dial was holding not on the movement, but on the movement holder. I there was no need to disassemble the movement holder

Hm, I even struggle with removing hands ;) But that is maybe just because I start shaking when I see an open watch movement :popcorn:

That Dial, how was it attached to the movement holder?? With pins or what else?

And the secret mod: Did you paint your hand? On the first picture you can see the dial text and hand have the same colour, later it looks a bit different ;)

Edit: Too slow :)

KeNnY
Hm, I even struggle with removing hands ;) But that is maybe just because I start shaking when I see an open watch movement :popcorn:

That Dial, how was it attached to the movement holder?? With pins or what else?

And the secret mod: Did you paint your hand? On the first picture you can see the dial text and hand have the same colour, later it looks a bit different :Jumpy:

Edit: Too slow :)

only pushed with pins into the movement holder, no fix with screws ;) Yes , the minute hand is now darker, but it much darker.. Will try second attempt with next opening of this watch :rofl:

Del

Well done kenny! You are getting good at this modding stuff....:group:

KeNnY
Well done kenny! You are getting good at this modding stuff....:rolleyes:

thank you ! It is FUN ! :group:

nunu78

As always another great work from my friend KeNny, hey Kenny how much will be the new crystal cost?

KeNnY
As always another great work from my friend KeNny, hey Kenny how much will be the new crystal cost?

Thank you buddy ! :group:

I don't know, Mary is only able to source the V1 crystal (mineral) but I asked her, if it is still 2 piece or 1 whole piece of crystal, and waiting her email.

mspangl

Nice mate.. Imo the Ploprof rep lume is pretty decent already but you nailed it :group:

nuker

Ken that's truly great man!No doubt you become better and better, practice make perfect!

KeNnY

Hehe Martin thanks :rolleyes: well I think rep lume of Ploprof V1 was weak :group: now it GLOWS ! :D

Thank you nuker ! :rofl: Yes, I love to practice ! Soon I will continue with 5+ mother watches, that she wants to GLOW :facepalm:

KeNnY

When I see the GEN, I think I have the LUME color right !

GENS

3847350566_2c770f60bb_o.jpg

ploprof7.jpg

And my Ploprof

s6302022.jpg

KeNnY

SO today I played with the bracelet for my Omega. I have repainted the engravings, because some of it has fallen off, rebrushed/repolished it and fix the divers extension. I was sick how always the divers extension has slipped off, so I have add an nice BIG drop of jewelers epoxy, and it is awesome now ! Always correct band size, never any loosing. GREAT ! :D

s6302030d.jpg

s6302043.jpg

s6302044.jpg

s6302045.jpg

s6302046.jpg

s6302047.jpg

s6302048.jpg

s6302049.jpg