Waj

Quick Impressions: IWC Mark XVIII IWC327010 Rep

Waj

Hey guys, 

Pretty new here - this is my second quick impressions review. Here are my quick impressions for the newly acquired IWC Mark XVIII IWC327010 (M+F Asia 2892). My second rep after being highly impressed by the Aquanaut (see my short write up here). 

Purchased via Robbie. 

• At a glance you'd not be able to tell it's a rep. IWC AD complimented my watch as I browsed their pieces. TD Robbie claimed it to be a super clone and I agree.
  • Good balance of elegance and masculine
  • Beautiful blue dial, deep navy tone that almost looks black in some lighting.
  • Steel is a combination of brushed and polished, high quality; a refined look and evokes quality.
  • Leather strap is gorgeous, subtle and soft, with appropriate metal buckle with IWC branding and accurate markings. 
  • 40mm case is the perfect size; not too obvious and in your face like the big pilot; yet retains the masculine aesthetic.
  • Quite thin, slides under the cuff nicely.
  • Feels rugged, would be comfortable taking this hiking and doing outdoor activities. 
  • Versatile watch, like the aquanaut - can be dressed up and down. 
  • Enjoying it very much. Recommended. 

Photos

HQUrS.jpg

HQiHL.jpg HQmyR.jpg HQWEQ.jpg

HQ5eW.jpg

Edited by Waj

eternalexpat

Nice looking piece. Very tempted!

GenTLe

You know it's a terrible behaviour to go to an AD with a replica on the wrist, right? :/

Waj

I can imagine it's quite embarrassing to be caught wearing a replica by an AD. I've purchased a gen IWC big pilot from Singapore airport once as a gift to a business partner - if that is somewhat redeeming of my bad behavior! :/

GenTLe

It's not because of you. It is because they are working.

It is like if you are a web programmer and after you prepare a project and a quote for some potential customer, he replies "oh well, I'll ask my cousin to do it for 100$".

It is bad form toward them.

The_Proctometrist
7 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

It's not because of you. It is because they are working.

It is like if you are a web programmer and after you prepare a project and a quote for some potential customer, he replies "oh well, I'll ask my cousin to do it for 100$".

It is bad form toward them.

i disagree i think it is disrespectful and not because of anything else.   a disrespectful   person wears a rep to an AD.  the type of person who wears a rep to an AD is also the type of person who laughs when old people fall.  never do it's bad form and doesn't reflect well on you as a person...

Intresting

I am with @ballandbiscuit   I don't understand what you were hoping to achieve by going to and AD with a rep watch.   Is there even an upside?   If, you do get called out, the CCTV will have your mug shot for life, and, if the AD and company gets serious, will be plastered all over social media with a potential lawsuit.    All unwanted attention.
I have also read elsewhere that ADs have a "code" when they speak when they identify a rep in their store.   One of them is "oh, you have a lovely so-and-so watch".  

The_Proctometrist
6 minutes ago, Intresting said:

I am with @ballandbiscuit   I don't understand what you were hoping to achieve by going to and AD with a rep watch.   Is there even an upside?   If, you do get called out, the CCTV will have your mug shot for life, and, if the AD and company gets serious, will be plastered all over social media with a potential lawsuit.    All unwanted attention.
I have also read elsewhere that ADs have a "code" when they speak when they identify a rep in their store.   One of them is "oh, you have a lovely so-and-so watch".  

I am ADAMANTLY AGAINST wearing a rep to an AD. Please reread it the post.  YOU ARE MISTAKEN!!!!  It has nothing to do with where they work, it's the person wearing a rep to an AD that's the problem. That's where my disagreement is.

Intresting
2 minutes ago, ballandbiscuit said:

I am against wearing a rep to an AD. Please reread it the post.  YOU ARE MISTAKEN!!!!

I am too. that was my point?   I am in total agreement with you.  There is no upside at all.   The reply was for @Waj 

The_Proctometrist
5 minutes ago, Intresting said:

I am too. that was my point?   I am in total agreement with you.  There is no upside at all.   The reply was for @Waj 

whoopsie, i'm the idiot who needs to reread your post. sorry mate, another twat move...

Intresting
1 minute ago, ballandbiscuit said:

whoopsie, i'm the idiot who needs to reread your post. sorry mate, another twat move...

:beer3: all good buddy. 

@Waj your photos are really nice. :) The watch is obviously nicer.....

Waj

Yeah I can imagine that is quite bad form and this is an interesting topic to discuss. But in my defense as IWC’s prior customer I beg to differ.

I run a digital agency myself, among the services includes web design and development. If someone came for my services without any intent to buy (just wasting my time ) that would be insulting. I agree.

But if that same someone had been my previous customer, but between their last project with me and now they’d hired a cheap Indian firm, but are legitimately back for potential new business then I am okay with this. This is a free market and I totally understand there are cheaper off shore alternatives to my services and I respect that. But I also stand by the personal touch and quality of service I deliver in comparison. Just don’t draw me out without any intent to actually do business; that’s just wasting my time.

Likewise, in my example I am legitimately in the store, interested in browsing IWC’s selection of products with an intent to understand and likely purchase their products in the future. Yes I’ve purchased a rep between my last legit purchase with the company, but that does not change the intent of my visit, which is quite genuine.

That aside, as someone white new to the rep community I will certainly be mindful of this etiquette in future.

The_Proctometrist
4 minutes ago, Waj said:

Likewise, I legitimately am in the store, interested in browsing IWC’s selection of products with an intent to understand and likely purchase their products in the future. Yes I’ve purchased a rep between my last legit purchase with the company, but that does not change the intent of my visit, which is quite genuine.

I don't know about that but one thing is for sure, that is an absolutely stunning watch you have mate. congrats...

Intresting
7 minutes ago, Waj said:

Yeah I can imagine that is quite bad form; but in my defense as IWC’s prior customer I beg to differ.

I run a digital agency myself, among the services includes web design and development. If someone came for my services without any intent to buy (just wasting my time ) that would be insulting. I agree.

But if that same someone had been my previous customer, but between their last project with me and now they’d hired a cheap indian firm, but are legitimately back for potential new business then I am okay with this. This is a free market and I totally understand there are cheaper off shore alternatives to my services and I respect that. Just don’t draw me out without any intent to actually do business; that’s just wasting my time.

Likewise, I legitimately am in the store, interested in browsing IWC’s selection of products with an intent to understand and likely purchase their products in the future. Yes I’ve purchased a rep between my last legit purchase with the company, but that does not change the intent of my visit, which is quite genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following your logic, you then should be perfectly fine if the Indian firm was contracted, by your previous customer, to replicate the work done by you, down to your business and email address, and passed of as your work, and on sold it to many other customers, and is now coming back to consider you doing more work for them.

The_Proctometrist
4 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Following your logic, you then should be perfectly fine if the Indian firm was contracted, by your previous customer, to replicate the work done by you, down to your business and email address, and passed of as your work, and on sold it to many other customers, and is now coming back to consider you doing more work for them.

i absolutely 100 percent agree with @Intresting. however, i do understand you happen to be out wearing that beauty and  you chance upon a watch shop.  the watch shop is beckoning you, i know it's very painful but you must resist the temptation....sadly

Waj

The Indian firm can use similar template even clone my websites which has happened in the past. It’s not something I can control. It is only insulting if the customer has zero intent to do business. But if they have experienced that Indian firm but are back for potential new business, this is fine.

I stand by the consistency, quality and high level of customer service; that’s why the price is magnitudes higher then the Indian competitor yet customers return. And we’re proud of that.

That aside, as someone with new to the rep community I will certainly be mindful of this etiquette in future.

NCRich

It's always nice when it stays on topic. 

Waj

Well, then let me clarify what I am fine with. If my repeating customer is a direct agent of the Indian company and not genuine about repeat services then that is not okay. If they had experienced the Indian firm and came back to me with genuine intent to do business, then this is okay.

That aside, as someone quite new to the rep community I will certainly be mindful of this etiquette in future.

It is certainly a debatable topic and we could go on and on.

But as genuine my intent to visit the watch store was, as is me sharing my experience making this quick impressions thread. Hopefully that brought enjoyment or was helpful to someone.

Waj
I but one thing is for sure, that is an absolutely stunning watch you have mate. congrats...

Thanks!

Intresting
1 hour ago, Waj said:

Well, then let me clarify what I am fine with. If my repeating customer is a direct agent of the Indian company and not genuine about repeat services then that is not okay. If they had experienced the Indian firm and came back to me with genuine intent to do business, then this is okay.

That aside, as someone quite new to the rep community I will certainly be mindful of this etiquette in future.

It is certainly a debatable topic and we could go on and on.

But as genuine my intent to visit the watch store was, as is me sharing my experience making this quick impressions thread. Hopefully that brought enjoyment or was helpful to someone.

nice watch.  enjoy.  :)

Glaude
On 01/11/2019 at 01:57, NCRich said:

It's always nice when it stays on topic. 

RWG's spirit :D 

On 01/11/2019 at 01:53, Waj said:

The Indian firm can use similar template even clone my websites which has happened in the past. It’s not something I can control. It is only insulting if the customer has zero intent to do business. But if they have experienced that Indian firm but are back for potential new business, this is fine.

You know they'll go back to ask you to do a correct job after paying cheap for an Indian website... they always do ! You pay for what you get in that area, I have no problem either with people doing that, they all end up coming back and they never go back after that, they learn their lesson of the "cheap" stuff

Waj
You know they'll go back to ask you to do a correct job after paying cheap for an Indian website... they always do ! You pay for what you get in that area, I have no problem either with people doing that, they all end up coming back and they never go back after that, they learn their lesson of the "cheap" stuff

Agreed :)

Take it you’re into web dev as well? Thanks for chiming in!

J-G

It's bad form to go browse gens wearing a rep lol where does this bull come from?

Surely the bad form would be purchasing the rep in the first place lol if your fine with buying a rep then don't bother dressing people down on where and when they choose to wear it as long as they are not trying to con anyone out of money.

Abe Fromen
11 minutes ago, J-G said:

It's bad form to go browse gens wearing a rep lol where does this bull come from?

Surely the bad form would be purchasing the rep in the first place lol if your fine with buying a rep then don't bother dressing people down on where and when they choose to wear it as long as they are not trying to con anyone out of money.

Agree with this. I've worn reps into ADs when i had no intention of going in an AD but the missus suggests we go in to browse. But if you're going in to an AD to see if they can tell the difference or to sell it as a gen, then that's IMO bad form. But if you're buying a rep watch, you're already part of the problem.... where you wear it is of no consequence once money is exchanged. 

Waj

I’d have to side with your thoughts. Once you’ve purchased the rep, wear as you will. Just have no foul intent and don’t be wasting people’s time.

And on a interesting side note, I know a Rolex AD who has participated on this forum. They themselves are fine with reps (they have even considered purchasing themselves and likely to in future hence being on this forum).

His view is similar to mine: Don’t go in wasting his time. Rep or no rep, have a good attitude with the AD and be genuine with your visit and you’ll receive the same level of service as any other customer.