Sign in to follow this  
Carpe_Diem

Dagger Swan Neck

Carpe_Diem

Hi everybody!

After much searching, i have decided on my next watch purchase! I initially planned to get a PAM 177 but robert told me theres no $99 version of the PAM177 and suggested the PAM111 to me.

Now heres the confusing thing, i see two types of PAM111, one with this "Dagger Swan Neck" and one without. Whats that exactly? Sorry, watch noob here.. :lol:

Thanks so much in advance my dear RWG friends

wat44

its hard to describe without a pic

the swan neck is the loopy thing

the dagger is the shape of the adjustment "hand" on the back - makes it go faster and slower

Member X

Have a search - this has definitely been discussed before as I remember posting a picture! :)

Carpe_Diem

Thanks for the quick replies!

Yeah i found some pictures on it.

So in a nutshell, should i get one with the dagger swan neck? Also, how accurate is the $99 replica of the PAM111. (seems like 1:1 to me, but im a noob so)

And is there any other choices (higher priced rep, but same model) that is worth a look?

NCRich
Thanks for the quick replies!

Yeah i found some pictures on it.

So in a nutshell, should i get one with the dagger swan neck? Also, how accurate is the $99 replica of the PAM111. (seems like 1:1 to me, but im a noob so)

And is there any other choices (higher priced rep, but same model) that is worth a look?

Actually here is a thread:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6992

Member X

For me, I wouldn't care about swan neck or not as long as the front of the watch looks good. Literally no one in the real world has heard of Panerai :clap: so as long as it looks pretty, the rare person you meet who does know what Panerai are is unlikely to demand you take it off your wrist to inspect the movement ;)

MikeMcNair

dude, there are like 13 threads about this. i posted in a few of them as well as X.

i say we start calling it a "ducks head and neck & pointy timing adjuster thingy" movement. it would make more sense to the noobs.