MAJ75

ARF V2 - Rolex 116500 Daytona (Panda) Pictorial Review

MAJ75

Hi All,

I've come back in from the cold! (well spending my time & efforts flirting with the gen world)......

Ever since the hype started around this ceramic Daytona & hearing what an amazing job ARF did on the replication I have been wanting to add one to the collection.

I'm primarily a shallow aesthetics kind of guy, hence whilst acknowledging the amazing job Noob have done in replicating the calibre 4130 movement for me beauty is just skin deep & I really don't need a functioning chrono.

Getting this piece in hand I have again been reawakened to what the rep world has to offer, this looks & feels awesome & I'm more than content that even if the wait list wasn't years long that I would be unlikely to stretch to the gen....

Anyway if anyone is sitting on the fence, just get it ordered you won't regret it for a second...............

DAYT10.jpg

DAYT6.jpg

DAYT2.jpg

DAYT8.jpg

DAYT9.jpg

DAYT1.jpg

DAYT5.jpg

DAYT7.jpg

DAYT3.jpg

DAYT11.jpg

DAYT4.jpg

• Like 1

Adit

Hi MAJ. Lovely watch indeed. Care to share what TD you used/ approximate cost? How often will she get an outing?

Sergio

Pictures are awesome .... Thanks for the share !!!

BM284

@MAJ75 absolutely outstanding photos! Nice addition to the stable... maybe this should replace the space dweller??? ;) 

Wear it well :) 

MAJ75
8 minutes ago, Adit said:

Hi MAJ. Lovely watch indeed. Care to share what TD you used/ approximate cost? How often will she get an outing?

Hi Mate,

I got this one M2M, but I've used Toro & Mary in the past who are both excellent dealers. It is around $478.00 from a TD.

8 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Pictures are awesome .... Thanks for the share !!!

Thanks buddy appreciated.....

Just now, BM284 said:

@MAJ75 absolutely outstanding photos! Nice addition to the stable... maybe this should replace the space dweller??? ;) 

Wear it well :) 

Cheers dude, I still wear the SD from time to time! I may get a vintage explorer next year so if the SD becomes surplus it is yours!

Saxa

nice piece wear it well :)

Howitzer

Superb pics as always @MAJ75! I love these ARF Daytonas and have owned three now, but they never quite scratch the itch on my wrist sadly. I can certainly attest that the quality and feel is superb, much better finish and detail than the Noob (movement aside of course, but then I have an iPhone for timing my dinner). 

Thanks for taking the time to make this post :thumbsup2:

MAJ75
37 minutes ago, Saxa said:

nice piece wear it well :)

Thanks mate, appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

Superb pics as always @MAJ75! I love these ARF Daytonas and have owned three now, but they never quite scratch the itch on my wrist sadly. I can certainly attest that the quality and feel is superb, much better finish and detail than the Noob (movement aside of course, but then I have an iPhone for timing my dinner). 

Thanks for taking the time to make this post :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the kind words mate. I can understand your sentiments, they are more subtle in the flesh in this comination wrist presence wise.

I don't need too many excuses to get the camera out!

Moondustesp

Looks great enjoy 

MAJ75
37 minutes ago, Moondustesp said:

Looks great enjoy 

Cheers my friend, it'll be in the rotation for the foreseeable future......

Moondustesp

I don’t blame ya it’s on the list to get at some point 

RussP

My 'wants' are fairly entrenched in the vintage Rolie camp at the moment.

Lovely pictures as usual.

Thanks for sharing your latest acquisition with the forum.

Glaude

Very nice pictorial review ! Glad to see you back with them and I hope to see more :) 

Never been a fan of modern daytona, but if I had to pick one modern it would be this one and the blue face 

The_Proctometrist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures.  I was reading that this is the watch that has Rolex worried. I too am a vintage rolie fan but will be buying one of these shortly myself.  

Mike R

I’ll take it.

Where do I send my money, JK

lovely watch

MAJ75
13 hours ago, RussP said:

My 'wants' are fairly entrenched in the vintage Rolie camp at the moment.

Lovely pictures as usual.

Thanks for sharing your latest acquisition with the forum.

As you know I’m partial to the vintage stuff too, this is a rare foray into modern.

12 hours ago, Glaude said:

Very nice pictorial review ! Glad to see you back with them and I hope to see more :) 

Never been a fan of modern daytona, but if I had to pick one modern it would be this one and the blue face 

I’d love to do more my friend, but I don’t have much frequency to the incoming pieces.

12 hours ago, ballandbiscuit said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures.  I was reading that this is the watch that has Rolex worried. I too am a vintage rolie fan but will be buying one of these shortly myself.  

The gens are selling for crazy prices due to lack of supply Watchfinder has them at 25k versus a suggested retail price of 9.5k...the market is really strange atm.

12 hours ago, Mike R said:

I’ll take it.

Where do I send my money, JK

lovely watch

LOL.....it might have M2M in its future.

splke

smashing pics as per my friend 

MAJ75
43 minutes ago, splke said:

smashing pics as per my friend 

Cheers Bud, always appreciate the kind words. Hopefully I’ll generate some more content soon, I’ve got a couple of projects I would like to deliver......

rollye
On 05/11/2019 at 20:31, MAJ75 said:

Hi All,

I've come back in from the cold! (well spending my time & efforts flirting with the gen world)......

Ever since the hype started around this ceramic Daytona & hearing what an amazing job ARF did on the replication I have been wanting to add one to the collection.

I'm primarily a shallow aesthetics kind of guy, hence whilst acknowledging the amazing job Noob have done in replicating the calibre 4130 movement for me beauty is just skin deep & I really don't need a functioning chrono.

Getting this piece in hand I have again been reawakened to what the rep world has to offer, this looks & feels awesome & I'm more than content that even if the wait list wasn't years long that I would be unlikely to stretch to the gen....

Anyway if anyone is sitting on the fence, just get it ordered you won't regret it for a second...............

DAYT10.jpg

DAYT6.jpg

DAYT2.jpg

DAYT8.jpg

DAYT9.jpg

DAYT1.jpg

DAYT5.jpg

DAYT7.jpg

DAYT3.jpg

DAYT11.jpg

DAYT4.jpg

very nice, what is the thickness

NCRich

Missed this earlier.  Great pics.  Very nice rep.

MAJ75
19 minutes ago, rollye said:

very nice, what is the thickness

13mm

6 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Missed this earlier.  Great pics.  Very nice rep.

Cheers Rich, always pleased to contribute some forum content.

This piece justifies the hype, really well executed.

Lyon1709

Lovely Photos! Made me want to get 1 myself!

MAJ75
15 minutes ago, Lyon1709 said:

Lovely Photos! Made me want to get 1 myself!

Thanks for the kind words, if you get one I expect you will be equally blown away by what ARF have achieved.....

WatchDog21

As always @MAJ75, stunning pics!  Thanks for the info.  I would think that anyone sitting on the fence as to "is it any good or worth the price" I believe you have answered that question.  

MAJ75
20 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

As always @MAJ75, stunning pics!  Thanks for the info.  I would think that anyone sitting on the fence as to "is it any good or worth the price" I believe you have answered that question.  

Appreciate the good sentiments my friend. We are a lucky community living in these times when the major brands are replicated in such detail.