fragzzone

Asian 21j movements acting strange

fragzzone

A few years ago I bought 2 Regmariners from Narika.  Both of them worn occasionally every other month or so, they were keeping good time and working well until a few months ago.  I have not been able to pick up what the problem is but they work erratically; both of them which is strange.  It does not seem like they're holding charge, and when winded they can either go on for days or randomly stopping after a couple hours or even minutes.   The rotor seems to spin smoothly, at least that is how it feels.

Any advise will be highly appreciated, thank you.

SteveA

Chinese pube syndrome 

Rokerite

Hold your watchin one hand and slap it face down into the palm of your other hand. Often sorts it. :D

Dr Fun Socks
5 hours ago, Rokerite said:

Hold your watchin one hand and slap it face down into the palm of your other hand. Often sorts it. :D

Admittedly i spend far too long doing this every time  a problem occurs haha. Who said violence is never the awnser!

rikracy

Ah, the good old "palm slap"....kill or cure!

Tried it once....and the hands fell off!

Maybe, I got a bit carried away!!!

Towerhand
4 hours ago, rikracy said:

Ah, the good old "palm slap"....kill or cure!

Tried it once....and the hands fell off!

Maybe, I got a bit carried away!!!

I needed a good laugh!

fragzzone
On 19/11/2019 at 10:44, Rokerite said:

Might give it a try, but what does the slap actually fixes?

Rokerite

No idea, but someone advised me to to do it with my Regmariner a few years back and it worked for me. Maybe the jolt loosens or moves something. Worst case scenario is get a new DG2813 think they are only about £20 or something and get somebody to swap it out for you, there are people on this forum who could do it for you.

Mike R
36 minutes ago, fragzzone said:

Might give it a try, but what does the slap actually fixes?

I got the same advice on one of my old Omega’s and I must’ve swiped it too hard because the three hands came off.

Anyways I took it to a rep friendly watch smith for a new movement and he ended up just opening it up doing a complete service and putting their hands on and it has been fine sense.

He said it was just too dirty and needed a full service.  Had it  back now for a couple of months and I’ve had no problems with it whatsoever. Sometimes it’s better to service it because if you replace movement you now have a new unserviced movement that can give you problems if not clean. 

I’m lucky, I found a retired jeweler that works on any kind of watch on weekends and usually only charges anywhere from $25-$65

fragzzone

might be just servicing on my case because I bought them at the same time and both have the same problem.  Although I'm curios because I have other older reps that are working well.

Edited by fragzzone

TRANSPORTER

Don’t forget quality control Doesn’t happen when these are being put together, as they are working but not working I would get them serviced or do it yourself. As they are inexpensive movements if you screw it up it’s not going to cost the earth to get it fixed. That’s how I started out in the repair side of watches on a cheap Chinese rep.