Sign in to follow this  
ZellerFTW

IWC rep question... 7750 with 29 jewels?

ZellerFTW

Saw one of the trusted dealers advertising a "new improved" 29-jewel 7750 in one of the Portuguese reps (seconds at 6, of course)... What's the scoop on this movement? I've not heard about it before seeing this.

Also, an entirely different dealer told me that the power reserve on the IWC Big Pilots is flaky and that I should buy his rep with the faux reserve. Any truth to this?

houndoggie
Saw one of the trusted dealers advertising a "new improved" 29-jewel 7750 in one of the Portuguese reps (seconds at 6, of course)... What's the scoop on this movement? I've not heard about it before seeing this.

Also, an entirely different dealer told me that the power reserve on the IWC Big Pilots is flaky and that I should buy his rep with the faux reserve. Any truth to this?

Was it Francisco that said it was a marginal improvement... same issue with Daytona seconds at 6.

Silverspeed

Was it Francisco that said it was a marginal improvement... same issue with Daytona seconds at 6.

Yep....I ordered the "improved" movement and send it to Fransisco to take it apart

SB56667

Damn shame. I think the Regulateur in particular has such a sweet look to it.

4568724415_0ec15d83eb_o.jpg

mulder

There is something about the simplicity of the IWC that has a certain appeal. I like them a lot.

houndoggie

those are fine, they have a handwind 6498 movement. Shouldn't have too much problem.

prestigewatchco

they are Ok they are 21J Asian not 7750

Luthier

Bullshit. This dealer just trying to sell you a watch, that nobody buy anymore.

Power reserve indicator works absolutely perfectly on my BP for 3 years.

It has Seagull 23 jewels movement, that's mucho better, than 21j, and what's the point to buy a watch with fake subdial?

nickee_2dS

Sorry but I'm a noob!

What mean this phrase: same issue with Daytona seconds at 6.

What kind of issue is?

houndoggie

Sorry but I'm a noob!

What kind of issue is?

any asian 7750 chronograph movement that has been modified to run it's small second hand at 6 o'clock subdial is suspect. The modification are not properly jeweled and add a lot of friction to the movement which leads to failure. The native configuration of the 7750 movement had the small seconds subdial at 9 o'clock (or 3, if the watch is in a destro configuration--- crown on the left side)

Again, that regulator IWC runs a very solid handwind movement, no problems there.

nickee_2dS

Sorry but I'm a noob!

What kind of issue is?

any asian 7750 chronograph movement that has been modified to run it's small second hand at 6 o'clock subdial is suspect. The modification are not properly jeweled and add a lot of friction to the movement which leads to failure. The native configuration of the 7750 movement had the small seconds subdial at 9 o'clock (or 3, if the watch is in a destro configuration--- crown on the left side)

Again, that regulator IWC runs a very solid handwind movement, no problems there.

Ah ok, thanks!!!

Edited by nickee

jonbon

----

I do not think the original question has been answered: Is the new 29J movement better than the old movement? Fransisco decomposed the old one, right?

NFleischer

From what I've heard the new movements are somewhat of an improvement, less likely to fail.

PWC I think, will only sell the Daytona now pre-serviced. I don't have one myself.