Jump to content
cvp3

Any TD's 6542 Bakelite bezel

Recommended Posts

cvp3

Does anyone know if a TD is making or will make a Bakelite bezel option? I found the few threads of 3D printed homegrown pieces and a few that actually made their own, but is there another option or any bezels for sale? I'm suddenly drawn to them with few options to solve except the Steinhart vintage 39 that really doesn't do it justice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cvp3

Thanks I'll give him a try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
semperfi55
On 03/12/2019 at 08:55, Alhig72 said:

He did my blancpain one,

I've been curious about yours, what's the build specs? And what's the case diameter?

Thanks for the tip, Bakelite bezel maker is useful to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alhig72
I've been curious about yours, what's the build specs? And what's the case diameter?
Thanks for the tip, Bakelite bezel maker is useful to know!
Its a 41mm Vietnam case (same as phongs)insert from Stephen dexter,
Phong dial aged and re lumed, as1701 blancpain movement with red date wheel, dsn hands slightly broached to fit and aged to match the dial,.
1960s tropic strap fae470134742bcde256b0979f61e030d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
semperfi55
6 minutes ago, Alhig72 said:

Its a 41mm Vietnam case (same as phongs)insert from Stephen dexter,
Phong dial aged and re lumed, as1701 blancpain movement with red date wheel, dsn hands slightly broached to fit and aged to match the dial,.
1960s tropic strap

High powered build!

No wonder it looks so good!

41mm is very wearable! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alhig72
High powered build!
No wonder it looks so good!
41mm is very wearable!  
One of my favourite blancpain builds,
I've done a few of these but unfortunately parts are harder to come by nowd8e01dc732a82c74efd8c54c236f25b0.jpgf391990eb3e8a1b26c49db8d1b74d28f.jpg96a2dfc6b5da94c99b55a90e06982a87.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
On 03/12/2019 at 03:33, cvp3 said:

Does anyone know if a TD is making or will make a Bakelite bezel option? I found the few threads of 3D printed homegrown pieces and a few that actually made their own, but is there another option or any bezels for sale? I'm suddenly drawn to them with few options to solve except the Steinhart vintage 39 that really doesn't do it justice. 

Not a TD but Rep may still be making them

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
semperfi55
4 minutes ago, Alhig72 said:

unfortunately parts are harder to come by now

Tell me about it man :rolleyes:

And that's just for (relatively) wider appeal vintage Rolex parts, I can't imagine there to be a big demand for vintage Blancpain parts!

That no date is sexy.

Very respectable to have multiples of a watch :thumbsup2:

1 minute ago, SCShrek said:

Not a TD but Rep may still be making them

 

Yea sadly he's not that active recently. Very impressive work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCShrek
7 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Tell me about it man :rolleyes:

And that's just for (relatively) wider appeal vintage Rolex parts, I can't imagine there to be a big demand for vintage Blancpain parts!

That no date is sexy.

Very respectable to have multiples of a watch :thumbsup2:

Yea sadly he's not that active recently. Very impressive work.

He had a very expensive one on EBay that sold 2 weeks ago but he may do it cheaper for one of us. 
 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bakelite-Bezel-Insert-for-Rolex-6542-High-Quality-Aftermarket-Part/113910679124?hash=item1a859b0654:g:m5gAAOSwRWddlMkU#vi__app-cvip-panel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×