Sign in to follow this  
WatchMe007

BK DSSD: Help me find more that are this good

WatchMe007

OK, veterans.

Now I have a watch that I can refer to as a "control" sample. I want to stick with reps that are as "good" as the DSSD I just got from BK.

Hook me up. What other watches should be on my grail list? I know "grail list" is an oxymoron, but you know what I mean. Stick to under $500.

Links appreciated. I know that "best reps" have been discussed, but this sets a specific standard.

An owner of a BK DSSD would be satisfied with....fill in the blank.

Some that have caught my eye: Cartier Santos, AP ROO, Breitling Avenger (but which one?), a Stainless Hublot.

I like stainless.

Thanks. :lol:

(me at 12,800 feet)

mspangl

I'd get a yellow faced Avenger Seawolf.. Gen 2824 movement, water proof to 100m at least and very accurate to the gen

Luthier

AP Barrichello, Hunlot King, IWC Big Pilot, IWC Cousteau Divers 2006, Breitling Avenger Skyline, Breitling Super Avenger, Omega UPO,

Rolex DayDate 41mm, PAM 090, PAM Regatta Flyback, TAG Carrera DayDate 43mm, Corum Admiral Cup Chrono, Chopard Mille Miglia.

E-Dub

Find someone willing to give up their Breit SOHV2.

Hard to get now, but hard to beat.

E-Dub

Balad1

I like to hear compliments about BK like this. I've got a sub on order from him for my son and it validates my research and extra money spent.

MikeMcNair

i feel the same way about my SKA-Lumed DSSD from mary, gen ETA etc. this is basically perfect (i cant find a fault)

but what makes yers better than mine? the datewheel? just curious cause i cant seem to really see a difference even though i have read the "mods" list etc.

Member X

I understand the recent PAM super-reps from 'the Hublot Factory' are pretty damn good - 176, 177, 219, 005, 318, 288...

Maybe not quite as great quality- and QC-wise, but look awesome :)

I wish my 177 would arrive :lol: lol

SOHv2, as above, is stunning, but good luck getting one...

You might also want to look at the Sinn models - very good from what I can tell, with just a relume to fix the dial lume colour needed, and perhaps a gen bezel (for pretty reasonable money) to fix some small tells on it and a gen rubber strap and clasp for not much money too! :P

WatchMe007
i feel the same way about my SKA-Lumed DSSD from mary, gen ETA etc. this is basically perfect (i cant find a fault)

but what makes yers better than mine? the datewheel? just curious cause i cant seem to really see a difference even though i have read the "mods" list etc.

This is like asking the difference between a cow and a steak at Morton's. They are both made of beef, but all similarities end at that point.

If you have to ask...

Member X

Oh, I would also add Robert's Milgauss Factory 2010 39mm Explorer 1 - amazing build quality and seems pretty damn close to the gen, bar the gen having an amazing matte dial whereas the rep version is glossy!